Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Find a Battletech game near you!, The "organize a game in your city/town" thread
MisterAnderson
post Apr 16 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,403

First up cheers to whoever created a Battletech subforum for us! armata_PDT_37.gif

Now please use this thread to find other Battletech players in your local area and organize a sessions of your big stompy robots going toe to toe with one another! Name the place & the date here...

Here in Brisbane there are quite a few of us playing and and you are more than welcome to join in the fun in a few places.

1) Anarchy League meets once every 2 months on the first Saturday of the month @ ACE Comics in Annerley. (Next meet is actually going to be this Saturday 21st April as it would have clashed with Easter). Theres also a torunament coming up on May Day weekend in a few weeks that players are welcome to attend.

Anarchy League Battletech
Forums:
http://www.mekwarsuniverse.com/AnarchyLeague/forum/

2) Most Thursday nights, there is an informal get together with the some of the peeps of Brisbane in Bardon. If you want in, send an email to either of the following.

nedpiggot AT hotmail DOT com

misteranderson71 AT hotmail DOT com

Game on! armata_PDT_36.gif

This post has been edited by MisterAnderson: Apr 16 2012, 10:47 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
awesomeshotdude
post Apr 17 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Dead Picts surround me

From: ...the battlefield, drenched in blood, slaying all around me...
Member No.: 9,360

Great thread, Rick!!! Thanks for starting this up and providing the info smile.gif

--------------------
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”
+Quote Post
thefloppy1
post Apr 30 2012, 07:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,969

Monday Knights - Melbourne Hawthorn Area
Every Monday night

www.mondayknights.org.au

--------------------
"The dice are killing me!"

Monday Knights

Blog
+Quote Post
Lextheimpaler
post Apr 30 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #4

Coolbreeze

Member No.: 7,863

Any central coast Battletech clubs??

--------------------
"SIR I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL"

"NO SIR I DO NOT BITE MY THUMB AT YOU, THOUGH I DO BITE MY THUMB SIR"

"Conan What is best in life??" "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"

" IM FIZZZZIIIIINNNN BRUTHA"

QUOTE(J.D.Entropy @ Aug 9 2012, 09:13 PM)

If they ask, you must be prepared to answer the riddle of steel, laugh at their 4 winds and show them what is best in life.

Related question: where can I buy stygian black lotus?

QUOTE(TheOriginalHavoc @ Oct 26 2012, 11:41 AM)

Argo Affleck is the GBU43/B to Phantoms BLU-8/B.

Not that I've actually seen it, so he may actually be closer to Sum of all Fears 'Dirty Bomb'
+Quote Post
HairyDave
post Apr 30 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #5

The Anti-Dice

Member No.: 8,664

Southern Battle Gamers play the occasional game of BT. It's not in our usual rotation but if someone is keen for a game, give us a shout on our forum or the sub-forum here.

--------------------
QUOTE("Archer")
I'll be on the tour bus putting whiskey and glue inside me
+Quote Post
Nightlords101
post Apr 30 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,353

Dont know if anyone else in Toowoomba area wants to re learn, but im keen and thinking annerly might be the way to go for me
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post May 16 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Battletech in Brisbane this Thursday night.

Bring a 280 ton (4 mech, all 4/5 mechwarrior force, no upgrades) Inner Sphere faction up to 3067 era force

7pm-10.30pm
197 Simpsons Rd, Bardon
+Quote Post
Deb
post May 18 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,112

Sydney, Campbelltown, The Hall of Heroes most weekends, unless I have a game of 40K already pre-planned, so let me know in advance. Matt Reichhardt the owner has my contact details and can get a message to me.

I live 600M from the store so I can bring any extra miniatures and mech data sheets, and even create a few if we need to via Heavy Metal. I have a decent collection, and can play any era, or faction. I have been generally keeping up with rules, and know a few other in the area who play Battletech from time to time.

The are the Southern Battle Gamers, and a couple of wargamer.au members have said they have small groups in the Penrith or Parramatta, and Strathfield/Burwood areas.

I have a mate who runs a tight knit group in Hornsby who play every so often. Invitation to his group is only after he has met you and worked out if you will fit in with the group.

This post has been edited by Deb: May 18 2012, 08:15 AM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post May 28 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Anarchy League this Saturday the 2nd of June @ ACE Comics Annerley (Brisbane)

8am till late!

http://www.anarchyleague.com/Anarchy/anarchy.htm
+Quote Post
southernskies
post Mar 4 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,221

Eureka Wargames Association

2nd and 4th Friday of each month.

Facebook Page
+Quote Post
Kaesien
post Apr 29 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,311

I've just started re-making my unit after a 6 year absence from the game. If there's any people in the Canberra area who'd be interested in starting something up in a month or so that would be great.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Apr 29 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(Kaesien @ Apr 29 2013, 11:45 AM) *

I've just started re-making my unit after a 6 year absence from the game. If there's any people in the Canberra area who'd be interested in starting something up in a month or so that would be great.

I tried the old Sarna.net website which used to have a list of wargamers and where they lived. It is no longer on the site unfortunately. I know there are about 4 or 5 people who go to the Hall of Heroes who play Classic Battletech including Ocelot and Harbinger from this site as well as another regular wargamer at the Hall who does not have access to the internet.

The hardest thing would be to arrange suitable times where you know they will be there and have the miniatures, etc. I live about 500 - 600 metres from the store, however my current work has me getting home late most days, and sometimes working on Saturdays.

This has also reduced my painting time for the Competition in October, and I am having to ensure I make the time to paint them up. The Northwind Highlander are painted now, and I will be starting on the 16 Draconis Combine mechs soon. After that, just just 20 Omni-mechs in Clan Jade Falcon colours.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Ibz
post May 17 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,378

There are a few Battletech players that frequent BADGA in Bendigo.

Turning up on any given night expecting a game would lead to disappointment but we have generally run 1 or 2 games a year for the last few years with a bit of prior organisation.

So long as the 'combine scum all die horribly everyone goes home happy wink.gif

Random pic

IPB Image]

Ibz

--------------------
It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it.

General Robert E. Lee
CinC Confederate Army
ACW
+Quote Post
Shiaic
post Feb 3 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 14,512

Hi, I am in Brisbane, north side. If anyone is looking to play a few games of BT, drop me a PM. I have a ton/tonne (its an Australian BT joke, get it?) of minis, both metal and plastic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TekStyles
post Feb 21 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 14,526

QUOTE(Shiaic @ Feb 3 2014, 08:40 PM) *

Hi, I am in Brisbane, north side. If anyone is looking to play a few games of BT, drop me a PM. I have a ton/tonne (its an Australian BT joke, get it?) of minis, both metal and plastic.

Ha ha ha, me thinks you are forgetting I have all of your mechs, well all your inner sphere ones anyway.

I'm on the south side and I have a ton/tonne of Shiaics mechs if u are keen to play or maybe Shiaic you should just come round for a game. I'm pretty sure it's time I came around to yours actually. Let me know when you are free next.

Tekstyles
+Quote Post
Mango
post Feb 22 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 84

im up at redcliffe, i would be keen for a game at some stage
+Quote Post
dedhed
post Feb 22 2014, 06:45 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,591

Do you guys @ ACE play "classic" or "alpha strike" or both?
+Quote Post
David Goebbels
post Mar 30 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #18

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,448

Hi, I just moved to Melbourne a couple of months ago. I am a big fan of the new Alpha Strike System. Got the armies, got terrain, hell I even have faction dice, all I'm missing is someone to play against sad.gif
If anyone is interested in a game, just drop me a message. I like to hang out at Good Games Box Hill, but as long as it can be reached via public transport I'm happy to meet anywhere in Melbourne.
Cheers,
David
+Quote Post
punkskum
post Aug 12 2014, 02:03 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,108

QUOTE(David Goebbels @ Mar 30 2014, 11:29 AM) *

Hi, I just moved to Melbourne a couple of months ago. I am a big fan of the new Alpha Strike System. Got the armies, got terrain, hell I even have faction dice, all I'm missing is someone to play against sad.gif
If anyone is interested in a game, just drop me a message. I like to hang out at Good Games Box Hill, but as long as it can be reached via public transport I'm happy to meet anywhere in Melbourne.
Cheers,
David

PM sent
armata_PDT_01.gif

--------------------
peace? peace are those brief, glorious moments in history when everyone stands about reloading
---------------------------------
PO Box 105
4558 Maroochydore (QLD)
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post Aug 14 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(dedhed @ Feb 22 2014, 06:45 AM) *

Do you guys @ ACE play "classic" or "alpha strike" or both?

Both. You should pop in and have a look if you havent already.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 05:55 AM