Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Betrayal at Calth Army List, Waiting for the postman to come...
Andy242
post Apr 28 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,044

Hey guys!

I'm waiting for a copy of GW's gateway drug to hit my welcome mat; I've done some research and am a little confused- while I get that the box set has a heap of guys that are relatively customisable, what I want some clarity on is whether or not there's actually a set army list for each side or not.

Basically- what extreme is this- a) you have a completely set list of 'pieces' for each side or b) divvy up the teams, and you can have all the configurations you like and the rules cover it.

If a) is there a list somewhere of these two teams, and if b) can anyone suggest what 'best' lists to have on both sides for a balanced game?

Bearing in mind that I'm totally doing this for the calth boardgame, and am unlikely to put them into their own 30k army in the near future.

Hope I'm clear- and thanks for the time, gang!

This post has been edited by Andy242: Apr 28 2016, 02:27 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Demon
post Apr 28 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 218

QUOTE(Andy242 @ Apr 28 2016, 02:25 PM) *

Hey guys!

I'm waiting for a copy of GW's gateway drug to hit my welcome mat; I've done some research and am a little confused- while I get that the box set has a heap of guys that are relatively customisable, what I want some clarity on is whether or not there's actually a set army list for each side or not.

Basically- what extreme is this- a) you have a completely set list of 'pieces' for each side or b) divvy up the teams, and you can have all the configurations you like and the rules cover it.

If a) is there a list somewhere of these two teams, and if b) can anyone suggest what 'best' lists to have on both sides for a balanced game?

Bearing in mind that I'm totally doing this for the calth boardgame, and am unlikely to put them into their own 30k army in the near future.

Hope I'm clear- and thanks for the time, gang!

There are in total 30 tac marines5 ctacphractii terminators, 2 characters and a contemptor.

The game splits this into 2 teams for the board game and provides you with transfers for ultramarines and word bearers and has rules to use those forces in the board game. So if you want to play the game you use those forces as listed. And its not 30/40k, its an actual board game.

However if you are using the contents of the game to start an army, if gives you around 1300 points of a legion list (more if you use one of the special rites of war available to the legions) so is a great way to start.

--------------------
MAY YOUR FOREHEAD GROW LIKE THE MIGHTY OAK

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. - T Pratchett

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Being a little bitch is in my genes apparently.
+Quote Post
Andy242
post Apr 28 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Thanks D, for answering this!

QUOTE(Demon @ Apr 28 2016, 02:58 PM) *

So if you want to play the game you use those forces as listed.

Ah- cool! Is there a list with these forces defined?

And its not 30/40k, its an actual board game.

Apologies; I wasn't very clear! Yeah, I'm thinking it's x0k 'lite' to get my kid into it.

However if you are using the contents of the game to start an army, if gives you around 1300 points of a legion list (more if you use one of the special rites of war available to the legions) so is a great way to start.

Yep- will worry about that if 30k tickles my fancy more... Which it may...
+Quote Post
Demon
post Apr 28 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #4

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 218

If you look at the page for the box it shows you the boardgames faction split in the photos, everything is wysiwyg and the boardgame rules map out the eff3cts of each thing

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/The-Ho...l-at-Calth-Book

--------------------
MAY YOUR FOREHEAD GROW LIKE THE MIGHTY OAK

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. - T Pratchett

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Being a little bitch is in my genes apparently.
+Quote Post
Andy242
post Apr 28 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Thanks! armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 04:40 PM