Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [QLD Mordheim] Tournament @ Briscon 2017, Checking for interest atm.
6d6
post Nov 10 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Boat Person

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,393

So if we haven't had nuclear war by next year who is keen to take part in a Mordheim tourney & demo stall at Briscon2017?

End of April next year.

Will run a free practice tourney a couple of months before the event to trial the format.

If we get a tournament going it will be over 2 days with a minimum of 10 players in. Just checking for interest atm.

Interested so far:
hmjesus

Comment below if you would join in.

--------------------
6th ed Warhammer Fantasy rules rule!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gorechilds Protege
post Sep 21 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,556

QUOTE(6d6 @ Nov 10 2016, 09:56 PM) *

So if we haven't had nuclear war by next year who is keen to take part in a Mordheim tourney & demo stall at Briscon2017?

End of April next year.

Will run a free practice tourney a couple of months before the event to trial the format.

If we get a tournament going it will be over 2 days with a minimum of 10 players in. Just checking for interest atm.

Interested so far:
hmjesus

Comment below if you would join in.

If nuclear war has occurred, then you won't need to make terrain, an irradiated wasteland will be all around to play in a most realistic fashion and who knows, 'wrydstone' may be readily available!

I was always curious to know how Mordheim tournaments worked - do you just run a starting warband and whoever has the highest rating at the end is deemed the winner?

Mordheim is flexible in how long it can take to rise to dominance in my experiences. I myself tend to play small understrengthed warbands, abuse underdog experience and vo,untary routs to retain as many warriors as possible, and then around the game 10-12 mark of a campaign fill out the rest of my warband and suddenly power spike compared to everyone else and end up topping out ahead of everyone. It works like clockwork every time until you face a player who cans ee what you are doing and then the games become all about the alpha strike and it's a bit of a dance on outmanouvring in such a way that more thena qyuarter of an opposed warband is OOA'ed in a single turn to get ahead of the damage curve that voluntary routing can mitigate.

No chance of me getting up inrterstate for such an event but I'm curious to know how it is run etc.

--------------------
My 'Oldhammer' Tyranids and Rainbow Warriors Blog

QUOTE(Starfire @ Aug 18 2012, 07:22 PM) *

But seriously, I'm amazed by just how little GP has written. On a scale of 1 to Gorechild's Protege, this is nothing. It's like a Heavy Incinerator with which you've just rolled a 1 to wound.

"Don't try to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors, try to be better than yourself." - Faulkner.

QUOTE(Paddlepop Lion @ Mar 21 2012, 10:40 AM) *

All of these things just smash you unforgivingly and theres nothing you can do to stop them. Its completely stupid to take this army the way it is, you will degfinately lose every game no matter how good you are.

Challenge Accepted!

W/L/D = 0/0/1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 06:14 AM