Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Blood Bowl] Best Elf team to pair up against Nurgle?, Looking for balanced casual games
morsla
post Jul 13 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Paintmaster Mod

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3

I keep getting drawn to Bloodbowl, mostly as a painting project, but with the vague possibility of ever actually playing the game...

The first team I'm interested in converting and painting are the Nurgle's Rotters. Second preference would be an elf team of some description, as a contrast in play style and aesthetics.

I'm always a Dark Elf fan at heart, but wondered which of the four Elf teams would make for the most interesting games against Nurgle. The two teams are likely to only ever see casual play against each other, so I'd like to pick something that makes for a fairly balanced game. Having never played the game at all, I thought I should ask the forums instead of blindly guessing...

Any suggestions? I'll use the upcoming Greebo elves for these, and can get figures to build any of the Elf lineups.

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Jul 13 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

They're all pretty balanced and will give a good game. There's not really a "right" elves, they're all pretty similar in essence. Maybe not wood elves as they take away the benefit of claws and are just a little too OP out of the box in non-league settings. Have you seen the GW elves that are on the horizon?

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
morsla
post Jul 13 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

I heard they were on the way (resin dark elves?) but haven't seen any pictures yet. Might stick with Dark Elves - Wood Elves are a close second, but it looks like a bit too extreme a contrast that could make for some very paper-scissors-rock games.

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
D_Arquebus
post Jul 13 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,027

Wood Elf are fastest, dodgiest (6 starting players with Dodge) and fragilest. Can have a sweet passing game, but also quick enough to make it short ranged and or a hand off fast running game. Only Elf team to get a Big Guy (Tree).

High Elf and Elf Union are both passing teams. Not as fast as the Woodies and no starting dodge. Leap is also a nigh mandatory skill for elves and only Woodies start with it. The High Elves have a better lino (AV8) and Thrower. The Union have better Blitzers and Catchers. So overall the Union probably play ball better but are more fragile and lose more often to being knocked off the pitch.

Dark Elf are the Running elves. Lots (up to 8) MA 7 players and 4 starting Blitzers make them the punchiest Elf team. Good AV makes them tough as High Elves as long as you dont go overboard on AV7 positionals at least until you can protect them.

All good fun in their own way. smile.gif

p.s. there are a few leagues down in Melbourne and also some fairly casual tourneys throughout the year. Many down there are one dayers so not too many brownie points used up smile.gif

This post has been edited by D_Arquebus: Jul 13 2017, 01:52 PM

--------------------
ausbowl.com - The home of Australian Blood Bowl
theendzone.co- The burgeoning home of New Zealand Blood Bowl
thenaf.net - Home of the NAF (Worldwide Blood Bowl Community)
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Jul 13 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

IPB Image
They'll be plastic. Pro Elves.

Yeah I agree with the rock paper scissors game thing. Nurgle will really struggle to shut down wardancers unless they kill them early.

Those Delves are pretty sweet, go with them, Delves are a good mid-high tier solid team.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 05:26 AM