Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadespire!
morsla
post Nov 6 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Paintmaster Mod

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3

I picked up this game a couple of weeks ago, and it's great fun. It plays very quickly, and has plenty of room for variations in tactics via deployment, board setup, movement, card choices and deck building. So far, games have taken around 30min each - so I can see how tournaments would easily get through their "best of 3" format each round.

Who else is playing it, or looking at getting into it?

I put together a Shadespire card list (which I'll update tonight with the Sepulchral Guard cards), to quickly sort through what's available to each faction - there's a bit of variety available just within the core set, but I'm keen to see what other styles of play open up with the new generic Objectives and Power cards.

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Nov 6 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

I'm painting a set at the moment, and very keen to try it out soon.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
marius
post Nov 6 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 169

Have been seriously looking at getting it. The skaven that popped up over the weekend look great.

Only concern is that for any sort of tournament it will require all of the boosters. If that's one or two per quarter that it manageable, 2 a month less so.

Glad it sounds like it is a fun game though.

Added link to the skaven

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/11/aos...n-the-rise.html

This post has been edited by marius: Nov 6 2017, 01:58 PM
+Quote Post
Keef Von Keith
post Nov 6 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 295

Played 7 games so far , great fun smile.gif
Dont ask how many I've won sad.gif

--------------------
"A sense of generosity under heavy fire is an admirable quality and the mark of a gentleman."
+Quote Post
marius
post Nov 6 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 169

I assume 7 of course.

Tournament thing might be less of an issue now I think about it given how unlikely I am to attend anything for a few years.
+Quote Post
morsla
post Nov 6 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Paintmaster Mod

I don't think you'd need all the different warbands to play in a tournaments.

Cards are limited to one of each title, per deck - so there's no need to buy multiple sets. From what I've seen so far, the cards packed with each warband reflect the types of things you'd commonly want to do with that warband (swarming objectives with skeletons, charging all the things with bloodreavers, etc).

Access to generic cards from other warbands is nice, but not essential unless you have some really specific combinations you want to pull off. Even then, your chances of drawing any specific card during the course of a game aren't great. Better to build around a theme (objective play, casualties, etc) and just add whichever cards you own that support that.

I've just added a Product column to my card list, so people can quickly find which expansion any given card comes in. Also added some extra stuff (categorising power cards as Offence, Defence and Utility) - there's a lot of good movement/utility stuff in the Sepulchral Guard box, which makes sense for a group with such terribly slow movement stats smile.gif

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
Keef Von Keith
post Nov 7 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(marius @ Nov 6 2017, 03:43 PM) *

I assume 7 of course.

Thanks Dave you always were overly optimistic smile.gif

QUOTE(morsla @ Nov 6 2017, 04:29 PM) *

I don't think you'd need all the different warbands to play in a tournaments.

Cards are limited to one of each title, per deck - so there's no need to buy multiple sets. From what I've seen so far, the cards packed with each warband reflect the types of things you'd commonly want to do with that warband (swarming objectives with skeletons, charging all the things with bloodreavers, etc).

Access to generic cards from other warbands is nice, but not essential unless you have some really specific combinations you want to pull off. Even then, your chances of drawing any specific card during the course of a game aren't great. Better to build around a theme (objective play, casualties, etc) and just add whichever cards you own that support that.

I've just added a Product column to my card list, so people can quickly find which expansion any given card comes in. Also added some extra stuff (categorising power cards as Offence, Defence and Utility) - there's a lot of good movement/utility stuff in the Sepulchral Guard box, which makes sense for a group with such terribly slow movement stats smile.gif

After wasting a lot of $$$ playing star wars destiny , this look very mild.
Where is your card list ?

--------------------
"A sense of generosity under heavy fire is an admirable quality and the mark of a gentleman."
+Quote Post
morsla
post Nov 7 2017, 10:22 AM
Post #8

Paintmaster Mod

I avoided SW: Destiny as I could see myself doing exactly the same thing wink.gif

I've posted a list of cards here - it looks like there will also be an "official" Warhammer Community version coming in the next few weeks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Keef Von Keith
post Nov 8 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #9

Ok thanks , I will have a look smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hoju
post Nov 11 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,988

Shameless Shadespire at Cancon 2018 plug

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189695

--------------------
"When you grow up you can change your name to Homer Junoir.
The kids can call you Hoju!" Homer Simpson
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Nov 12 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #11

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

Painted my Stormcast smile.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
morsla
post Apr 17 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #12

Paintmaster Mod

Long time, no Shadespire posts wink.gif

I picked up Magore's Fiends yesterday, and decided to write a review of the warband expansion here. The models are great, though I immediately decided to convert mine...

IPB Image

Two head swaps, a new weapon, and some changes to things like spikes and trophies. Looking forward to painting these up, and hopefully actually getting some games in smile.gif

This post has been edited by morsla: Apr 17 2018, 03:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 05:49 PM