Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Club and Tournament subforum cleanup, In progress
morsla
post Jan 10 2017, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Paintmaster Mod

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3

I've started clearing out some of our unused Club and Tournament subforums, but need some help from the WAU community in identifying what should go and what should stay...

My current plan is to delete any club or tournament area that hasn't had new posts since 2015, on the assumption that >12 months of inactivity means the event or group no longer operates.

If that isn't the case for your favourite club or forum, please let me know and I'll make sure it doesn't get removed in this round of cleanup.

--------------------
[WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Orange-Bell
post Jan 10 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Space Coyote

Member No.: 920

Outpost 6030 in WA is thriving, but mostly runs through facebook these days.
+Quote Post
morsla
post Jan 10 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Paintmaster Mod

No worries. Do you think it's worth putting a new thread in there ("Outpost 6030 contact details") with a link to the Facebook group? That way, when people come here looking for info about games in a particular region they'll be able to track down more details.

Those sorts of threads could end up being pinned threads in a general "WA clubs" area, rather than needing subforums of their own. That way we still provide a directory to help local clubs with exposure.

--------------------
[WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
PlasmaDavid
post Jan 11 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,443

QUOTE(morsla @ Jan 10 2017, 09:52 AM) *

No worries. Do you think it's worth putting a new thread in there ("Outpost 6030 contact details") with a link to the Facebook group? That way, when people come here looking for info about games in a particular region they'll be able to track down more details.

Those sorts of threads could end up being pinned threads in a general "WA clubs" area, rather than needing subforums of their own. That way we still provide a directory to help local clubs with exposure.

Given what a rural state we are compared to East, gaming wise, why not simply have a spot for all WA clubs/LGS for anyone who winds up here? (I suppose the westgamer forums is the "main" WA discussion spot for gaming anyway)

At any rate, our own FLGS/club down in Bunbury is G Cubed, Unit 5/31 Denning road Bunbury, Western Australia 08 9791 6112

--------------------
Send in more planes!
The following people are awesome - Rocktagon
+Quote Post
Orange-Bell
post Jan 11 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #5

Space Coyote

Member No.: 920

I think a WA clubs directory would be a great idea.
+Quote Post
1stLegion
post Jan 11 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,670

Tumult in the NSW Tournaments is still an event (despite no post last year) we posted in clubs area & on facebook in 2016, but please keep its subforum in tournies.

--------------------
---- NSW Northern Knights ----

Dark Angels: Still Legion Building Since Day One

Deathwatch: Xenos Scum

X-Wing: Scum....mostly, but plenty of Rebel & Empire
+Quote Post
choppy,choppy
post Jan 11 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,333

Grots wound up a couple of years ago....all over there i am afraid.
+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Jan 14 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,681

Greenacre Gamers in SA closed shop half-a-year or more ago. Harlequin Halls in SA is still very active (just on Facebook). Group North and Southern Wargamers are still running.
+Quote Post
1stLegion
post Jan 16 2017, 11:06 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,670

QUOTE(1stLegion @ Jan 11 2017, 03:35 PM) *

Tumult in the NSW Tournaments is still an event (despite no post last year) we posted in clubs area & on facebook in 2016, but please keep its subforum in tournies.

Come on guys I clearly asked for the Tumult subforum to remain for future use & now its been deleted. sad.gif

--------------------
---- NSW Northern Knights ----

Dark Angels: Still Legion Building Since Day One

Deathwatch: Xenos Scum

X-Wing: Scum....mostly, but plenty of Rebel & Empire
+Quote Post
morsla
post Jan 16 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Paintmaster Mod

Sorry - that one was caught in a batch that I did over the weekend, and only spotted the mistake later. I can make a new subforum for it in the next batch, and move the topics back in - they've all been moved to the main NSW Tournaments area by default.

I'd ask that you get the organisers to at least post major announcements in the subforum here, though, if it's going to stay active on this site. Running most event comms via a FB page is fine if that's where your players are, but if a category has nothing posted on WAU for multiple years then it's not really doing anything except taking up space here wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
iz.hans.iz.good
post Apr 17 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,579

Hi I noticed that my club is no longer listed. It was previously known as WAAAGH

But the person who was the go to person for the club is no longer on wau.

I just let him know it's been removed but the club is still there and running but under a different name. Any chance it could be resisted?
+Quote Post
Nidhammer
post Apr 27 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 17,598

Hi Guys, are there any informal groups active in Melbourne? Me and brother play Nids and CSM respectively and are just building out our lists after getting back into 40k this year. Even if the groups are managed elsewhere would like to get a pointer in that direction. Thanks!
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Apr 27 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #13

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

High command forum still needs to be deleted.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
iz.hans.iz.good
post Apr 29 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 17,579

QUOTE(Nidhammer @ Apr 27 2017, 02:32 PM) *

Hi Guys, are there any informal groups active in Melbourne? Me and brother play Nids and CSM respectively and are just building out our lists after getting back into 40k this year. Even if the groups are managed elsewhere would like to get a pointer in that direction. Thanks!

where are you in melbourne?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:25 AM