Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warhammer 40K Friendly at Cancon 2014, 2 Days of 40K Awesomeness, Now FULL!
Von Drakin
post Jan 28 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #221

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,427

Dave you are da Man! Best tournament I have been too in a very long time! It has inspired a brief flicker of hope in what can only be a dismal 40k calendar.

To all those I played, I would like to thank you for the 6 awesome games I had over the weekend! to those I beat in the first 5 I hope you had fun regardless (even if the mission was against you!). It may also interest you that Michael steamrolled his Nids over me in the 6th game in a well deserved and very enjoyable pummelling smile.gif (btw Michael if you read this i forgot your handle so pm me!)

At the end of the day the complete lack of final places and to be honest the way excellent prize support meant that everyone walked away with a feeling of 'merit' lol

So 3 cheers for Dave, Lets see more of that I say! and a cheer for the gumby Liam 'Angus' Pendergast tongue.gif

Finally for all those who asked about my Ultramarines, I will be more than likely throwing up a how to on the hand crafted terrain and painting methods used in my army (which funnily enough isnt even finished yet!)

Regards to all,

Harley

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NE116
post Jan 29 2014, 06:08 AM
Post #222

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,584

First time I've played 40K at Cancon and this was one of the best thought out and run events I've ever seen. Each of the games was different and the plan interesting. Dave you did an awesome job and I hope you run this again next year. armata_PDT_37.gif armata_PDT_34.gif

The only downside for me was the number of rude people. You're big boys and girls now, read the rules which Dave provided in black and white and FOLLOW THE TIMES! To be still playing your game 50 minutes after the next game was supposed to start is very poor. You do not need a TO coming around chasing you to put your dice down. armata_PDT_33.gif

--------------------
Don't be affraid to speak your piece, even if your voice shakes.
+Quote Post
ArchonCryx
post Jan 29 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #223

Member No.: 76

Top weekend mate, my best Cancon to date.

I also enjoyed the non competitive atmosphere and relaxed completely. when drawn vs my mates, it was a cmpletely awesome move to just abandon play and go visit the rest of Cancon. For the first time I really did see everything at a Cancon and really had a blast. Somehow, in the rounds that I did play in, I managed to win my games... Some habits are hard to break, I guess winning is still important to me for it's own sake. But I'm sorry I missed the chance to +1 the game vs the Death Company player - should have given a "cancon reroll" for his DC when they failed to arrive to support the Termies who just dropped in... would have been awesome to see what would have happend if they both dropped at once - they'd have both earned some awesome points I'm thinking!

I encourage everyone at next year's friendly to give liberal doses of "cancon rerolls" to players who bring such cool thematic armies... like that Death Co/Termie army full of captains and chaplains.... smile.gif

Thanks to all my opponents, particulalry those who deigned to play against me (While Richard and Steve obviously pheared my awesome army and so bribed me with promises of cute cosplay girls to vote on)

Props to Dave for bringin a new system into the Cancon mix, long live the 2-day 40K format! armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------
Official ACADEMIC LEMMING

Lords of Terra 2013
Congratulations to Dan Gilmour, High Lord for 2013.

Due to RL time pressures (an exciting new job), I am taking a break from running Lords for at least the 2014 season. Thanks for all your great support over the years and I hope to be back for 2015. Stay tuned for a new look event tba mid winter in Sydney.

"...not scared of losing but prefer to keep humiliation to a minimum." -Trigger Happy
+Quote Post
Sneakycrumb
post Jan 30 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #224

Member No.: 3,407

Yes, definitely the most fun I've had at a convention for a very long time!

And those were my nids smile.gif , that was a very enjoyable game.

I look forward to heading to Cancon again next year.
+Quote Post
Von Drakin
post Jan 31 2014, 09:43 AM
Post #225

Member No.: 8,427

lol those nids just wont die! Next time I'll bring fire, lots of fire!

--------------------
+Quote Post
DeathBoyOfDeathyDeath
post Feb 1 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #226

Member No.: 13,213

Alright!

I've finally caught up on the lack of sleep and de-stressed from CANCON 2014!!

I have a short survey for people to complete if they wish POST EVENT SURVEY

Firstly, I would like to thank Everyone who participated in the Friendly, I hope that you all had a good time over the 2 days. It was MUCH more difficult than I expected, however seeing people having fun made it all worth it, so thanks to all the players, you guys rock! armata_PDT_37.gif

Second, I would like to thank the amazing sponsors that supported the event. There was so much support that every one managed to score a prize! So please check these guys out and support them in return for their support! armata_PDT_37.gif

KROMLECH

THE COMBAT COMPANY

MICRO ART STUDIO

SECRET WEAPON MINIATURES

MAXMINI

WAR AND PEACE GAMES

TABLETOP EMPIRES

UNDERGROUND WARGAMES

MINISOFT - FOAM TRANSPORTS

GOOD GAMES

BLACK CULTIST

And lastly, Thanks to all the people who helped me out over the weekend, you know who you are!
Without your help I would not have been able to run this at all, so thanks again armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post
Psuedo
post Feb 2 2014, 09:46 PM
Post #227

Member No.: 15,292

Firstly,
That was the best 5 games i have played in 7 Cancon Adventures. Dave did an amazing job on this. AMAZING!

Who'd have thought we were getting goodie bags at a con? Brilliant.
Secret objective, Sure i can avoid my Warlord from getting Schwacked.

Secondly,

QUOTE(Feris @ Jan 27 2014, 02:11 PM) *

Had a ball over the weekend! Huge thanks to Dave for running his first event and what a success it was!
Had a great time playing people I had never played before and they were all great opponents!

I had the purple night lords, aka the bat lords biggrin.gif

That was an awesome game, all except for your Warlord melting his own face off sad.gif

I wood also like to apologise to all who had the misfortune of a servitor stomping, i probably should have had a few practice games to see what they would do.

Mine was teh brown and Light Aqua smace sparines on the purple sparkly bases army, which i am not apologising for.
Also +1 on the Substitute Liam discussion.

Psuedo.
+Quote Post
VirviVR
post Dec 4 2018, 03:01 AM
Post #228

Member No.: 18,071

QUOTE(2Shan @ Sep 19 2013, 10:56 AM) *

If you'd like an objective view I'd be happy to proof it for you biggrin.gif

nice
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 09:54 PM