Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [KICKSTARTER] Battletech - Clan Invasion!!!
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 14 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,988

Coming to Kickstarter on the 17th July 2019!

In the past, the various companies that were in control of the Battletech IP had tried to get a range of plastic mini's up and running, with each attempt getting better and better, although they didn't really meet the expectations of gamers.

The most recent attempt by Catalyst Games Labs (CGL), released late last year, has been an overwhelming success. Not only are the plastic mini's updated with a more modernised aesthetic (and thankfully 3D sculpted to be in-scale with each other), they are of fantastic quality. These were released in the "Battletech Beginner Box Set" and "Battletech A Game of Armored Combat Box Set". Both a little difficult to find for purchase online right now as they were so popular they sold out a couple of times over, but are now in reprint again, so won't be too far away from being available again.

Along with the new mini's came a range of updated rule books, better formatted for ease of play.

IPB Image

...anyway, on the back of the super successful recent box sets, CGL is now running a Kickstarter to add to the range with the Clan Invasion period being the focus. So a new range of plastic Clan Mechs, as well as adding to the range of existing Inner Sphere Mechs from the above box sets.

Here's a link to the official announcement;

https://bg.battletech.com/news/battletech-c...coming-july-17/

At this stage, it seems there will be a box set that will include 5 x Clan Omnimechs (Timber Wolf/Mad Cat is the only confirmed Mech from this main set so far), as well as rules, maps and other stuff.

Stretch goals will include further Star (Clan) and Lance (Inner Sphere) packs of plastic Mechs.

Add-ons will include rules, source books, box sets (shown above) and other merchandise.

It has been mentioned on the official forum, that Elemental Battle Armour may make an appearance as well (stretch goal I guess).

One of the plastic Inner Sphere Mechs will be the Warhammer!!!

The below pics show just some of the planned plastic Mechs...

Save your money and get ready to pledge people!!!

REACTOR ONLINE...

SENSORS ONLINE...

WEAPONS ONLINE...

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Monkey Nuts: Jun 14 2019, 03:35 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 15 2019, 09:50 PM
Post #2

So from what I can gather so far from various sources, it seems that in terms of the Clan Mechs being made available, we are looking at;

Dire Wolf
Executioner
Warhawk
Timber Wolf
Nova Cat
Summoner
Stormcrow
Nova
Shadow Cat
Grendel
Adder, and
Mist Lynx...

Currently, we've been told that the main Clan Invasion box set will have 5 x Clan Mechs and there will be a Command Star and an Assault Star, each containing 5 x Clan Mechs, for a total of 15 x Clan Mechs.

This leaves 3 x yet-to-be-named Clan Mechs at this stage...

It would be criminal to not have the Mad Dog and the Hellbringer in that line up, so I reckon they'll definitely be 2 of those 3...and I'm hoping the last one is the Fire Moth.

I'm also hoping for some Elementals...

Still, we may see more in addition to the 15...another Star may make an appearance if the Kickstarter goes really well.

There'll be some really nice Inner Sphere Mechs too...

This post has been edited by Monkey Nuts: Jun 15 2019, 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 15 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #3

In the recent Battletech Beginner Box Set, we got;

Wolverine, and
Griffin

...and in the recent Battletech A Game of Armored Combat Box Set we got;

Locust
Commando
Shadow Hawk
Wolverine (same mini you get in the Beginner Box Set)
Catapult
Thunderbolt
Awesome, and
Battlemaster

...and so far, from what I can tell with the Clan Invasion Kickstarter, for Inner Sphere Mechs, we are looking at;

Marauder
Archer
Warhammer
Phoenix Hawk
Valkyrie
Stinger

...there's got to be at least another 2 x Inner Sphere Mechs as well (to round out the 2 x Lances of 4 x Mechs per Lance)...not sure what they'll be...again though, we could see more pop up during the Kickstarter...I hope we get some Assaults like the Atlas, Highlander, Cyclops and Banshee...also hoping to see a Grasshopper Mech in there too...

This post has been edited by Monkey Nuts: Jun 15 2019, 10:33 PM
+Quote Post
Kn'Thrak
post Jun 16 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,930

Looking forward to this - if the price is good.

--------------------
Please note, I can't receive PM's

I wish people would stop blaspheming comparing Lemmy Kilmister to God. He might be a decent chap, but he certainly isn't Lemmy.

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Jun 20 2014, 06:31 PM) *

I'm really a bit clueless tho

+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 16 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Kn'Thrak @ Jun 16 2019, 12:18 PM) *

Looking forward to this - if the price is good.

#Me Too

I'm so hot and sexy for this Kickstarter that, since it was announced, I've had to dunk my balls into a cup of cold water several times, to dissipate heat...I think I must have blown a few heat sinks when I first saw the announcement...that won't happen once I get hold of some of those sweet Clan Double Heat Sinks from this Clan Invasion Kickstarter...
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 20 2019, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Artwork showing the Atlas and a Cougar have been released, both are excellent...and it was mentioned that there is "quite a list" of Mechs being done that have not yet been shown...this is going to be such a great Kickstarter.

Also, there is a very cool Clan Invasion TRO coming soon-ish...and the word on the ground is that the new Alpha Strike Commander's Edition rulebook has a street date of 10th July...
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 26 2019, 05:59 PM
Post #7

I very recently started painting the plastic Mechs I have from the new box sets...can't wait to add to these with all the new plastic Mechs, from both the Inner Sphere and the Clans, which will be made available through this upcoming Kickstarter.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Jun 26 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 446

Madddddcccaatattttttt! sad.gif

Urban mech hahahah /

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Jun 26 2019, 08:08 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 27 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Jun 26 2019, 08:07 PM) *

Madddddcccaatattttttt! sad.gif
Urban mech hahahah /

Timber Wolf (AKA Mad Cat) Mechs are 100% confirmed for the Kickstarter...not sure about Urban Mechs...maybe!!!
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jun 30 2019, 07:29 PM
Post #10

Anthony Scroggins, who I believe is originally from New Zealand (must be because Scroggins sounds like Baggins, and that's where all the Hobbits are), is the art director for the Battletech line, and is the dude who has been doing all the sculpts for the new plastic Mechs.

He has a Patreon account where he shows early sneak peaks of what we can expect to see in the upcoming Kickstarter...and he very recently posted images of his Mad Dog (AKA Vulture) Mech sculpt, and it looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on that...he also showed a partial image and hinted at Elemental Battle Armour, so it will be fantastic if we get to see those made in plastic for this Kickstarter!!!

After finishing the Mechs shown previously in this thread, I've decided to do a second set, this time painted yellow with dark grey accents...here's a couple of pics of the Commando, which was the tester to see if I lik ethe colour scheme and I am now in the process of finishing the other 9...

You know, I really like the Red Rooster chips, they're the right size and cut and the salt they put on them is delicious...but these ones I'm eating right now with my dinner while posting this up, are substandard...I've spat two out so far as they weren't cooked properly!!! I've been ripped!!!

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mango
post Jul 1 2019, 09:11 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 84

Monkey - what base size are you using? they look huge compared to the standard hex
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 1 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Mango @ Jul 1 2019, 09:11 AM) *

Monkey - what base size are you using? they look huge compared to the standard hex

Mango - They are 2mm thick black acrylic that has been laser cut in a hex size of 50mm from flat edge to flat edge.

They are considerably larger than the hexes that the minis come glued to. My hex bases do not fit in the standard sized hex that you find on the Battletech maps, but this does not bother me as I play either Alpha Strike, and occasionally Classic Battletech using the miniature rules (hex-less tabletop play).

However, if you wanted to get the same base look but have them fit in the standard hexes, there's nothing preventing someone from cutting them to say 30mm hexes instead!
+Quote Post
Mango
post Jul 1 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 84

QUOTE(Monkey Nuts @ Jul 1 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Mango - They are 2mm thick black acrylic that has been laser cut in a hex size of 50mm from flat edge to flat edge.

Cool, just wondering if they were oversize bases or undersize models (battleforce?) smile.gif
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 3 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #14

An image of the Elemental Battle Armour has now been posted on Anthony Scroggins' Patreon Account, and it looks absolutely superb, very modernised yet still recognisable as having its roots come from the classic Elemental Battle Armour...getting these in high quality plastic sculpts will be fantastic...I hope we get at least 2 poses, but 3 is preferable.
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 8 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #15

I finished my yellow set of plastic Mechs today.

I'm so pumped for this Kickstarter, only 9 days away now...so many cool looking plastic Mechs with excellent sculpts will be in it...I saw a concept sculpt for the Crusader in the last few days, very nice!!!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 11 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #16

A week out from the Kickstarter people...an update has been released...this is just the Clan Invasion Starter Box Set shown below, many more box sets of 4 or 5 miniatures will be added by way of stretch goals.

"At the heart of the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is the Clan Invasion boxed set, an expansion to the bestselling BattleTech Beginner Box and A Game of Armored Combat boxed sets. Ready for a sneak peek?

One copy of the Clan Invasion box will be included for all backers at the $50 pledge level; additional copies can be purchased for $50 each as add-on items.

Here is what’s inside:

* Five high-quality plastic miniatures – the reimagined Executioner, Timber Wolf, Nova, Grendel, and Adder OmniMechs;
* Two dice, exactly like those in A Game of Armored Combat;
* A 16-page Clan Primer, in the style of the BattleTech primer included with the recent box sets, but focused on the Clans;
* A Clan Rulebook, expanding on the A Game of Armored Combat rulebook and introducing new rules for the Clans, their OmniMechs, and the high-powered weapons they wield;
* A booklet of record sheets
* A 24-page novella featuring an all-new story told from the Clan point-of-view;
* Five pilot cards and five Alpha Strike cards, each double-sided;
* A revised reference card, updated with the rules and stats for Clan units;
* Two double-sided mapsheets featuring all-new battlefields;
* One sheet of die-cut, punch out cardboard playing pieces representing each of the five OmniMechs in the box, along with terrain from the mapsheets.

The BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter goes live next Wednesday, July 17 at 1 p.m. Eastern / 10 a.m. Pacific!"

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 15 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #17

Only a few days to go until the Kickstarter goes live!!!

I've worked out that it is going to kick-off at 3am on Thursday morning our time. I'm considering setting my alarm for 2:45am that morning, throwing my wife's arms and legs off me, kicking the cat off the end of the bed (it's a Maine Coon and weighs 12kg and sounds about 2kg heavier than a 10kg weight when it hits the floor), getting out of bed and heading to my PC to pledge as soon as the Kickstarter goes live...I'll probably swing by the toilet and take a piss on the way to the PC...probably smash out a couple of deepthroated trombone farts too...

Also, for those interested in Alpha Strike, the new Alpha Strike Commander's Edition is now available in both hard cover and PDF, I have both and it is a fantastic rulebook!

For those interested in Classic Battletech, the reprint of the TechManual is now available also, I have one on the way.
+Quote Post
Kn'Thrak
post Jul 15 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,930

while i'm considering it - we need pics of the cat.

--------------------
Please note, I can't receive PM's

I wish people would stop blaspheming comparing Lemmy Kilmister to God. He might be a decent chap, but he certainly isn't Lemmy.

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Jun 20 2014, 06:31 PM) *

I'm really a bit clueless tho

+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Kn'Thrak @ Jul 15 2019, 08:26 PM) *

while i'm considering it - we need pics of the cat.

I'll see if I can get a picture of Mr Lickybum at some stage!!!

In the mean time, here's a 360 of a 3D sculpt for the Executioner. To be perfectly honest, this Mech was never a favourite of mine, despite being a commonly used Mech by my favourite faction, the Ghost Bears, however this sculpt looks fantastic, and being cast in the same high quality plastic as the most recent Mechs, I'm really looking forward to owning this Mech now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGe3ZLtQa9o...eature=youtu.be
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Today, 12:30 AM
Post #20

...and the 360 of the Timber Wolf 3D sculpt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oissifYhFUI
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 11:20 PM