Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Gaming Case
Mango
post Mar 21 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 84

It only took me 6 years to find out about the bunnings cases and I decided to get one as a multi game travelling case.

After purchasing and opening the case the interior foam was in poor condition, peeling in many places and made me think 'what am I doing?' so I decided to rip out all the foam and line the case with felt. So I bought 1m of felt ($12), can of spray adhesive ($12) and stripped out the foam, carefully cut the felt and installed it.

Best Tool Award goes to a paint scraper, awesome for removing the foam, pressing down the felt and after sharpening the edge it can be used to cut the felt after installation.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Now after doing this I bought a set of foam from Minisoft, Pieres is a great guy and this is a quality product. I am going to use 1/2 the case for models and 1/2 for books and accessories so I cut the foam in half.

1 tray for Battletech, 2 trays for Uncharted Seas (I lined the tray cells with felt to make the models feel important so they fight harder) and 1 tray for Deadzone (lots of space for more models, i need to paint more)

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

I then put in battletech recordsheets, 2 maps and rules
IPB Image

Deadzone and Uncharted Seas rules, dice container, card box, counters and tape measure
IPB Image

I still had space
IPB Image

Which would give me enough room for 2 more battletech maps and a deckbox for CCG
IPB Image

Overall there is a bucketload of space in this case and having a 1 stop case for taking to the club or game days is fantastic. I have some extra trays which I could use for other games and just swap in/out depending on what i want to play on a particular day.

Also I should have used a darker colour felt though as the red shows up some of my poor cutting/measuring smile.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Mar 21 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 362

Looks good mate. Between the school club and my own kit, I now have 6 of these cases, and two armies in progress without cases yet lol.

RoV

--------------------
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Twin-linked gives you the ability to miss twice with a single shot weapon.

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

My children, also known as Destroyers of Hobby
+Quote Post
awesomeshotdude
post Mar 21 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #3

Dead Picts surround me

From: ...the battlefield, drenched in blood, slaying all around me...
Member No.: 9,360

Great work Mango, looks like a very sturdy case and has been very well converted smile.gif

--------------------
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”
+Quote Post
Kinsmanalike
post Mar 22 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,960

looks great. yes pieres is great! always happy to help and provides great storage options with his foam. thanks for sharing this

--------------------
+Quote Post
rathpex
post Mar 23 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 4,326

thanks for all the kind words guys smile.gif

@ mango, I will update the website with your pics at some stage not too far off (yeah itll probably be a couple of months...)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:59 PM