> Whats the general comp used?
Emperor Fooble
post Sep 26 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Don't throw off my groove
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 9,113

After a many year hiatus, I'm looking to hop back into the 40k tourney scene, and have roped a buddy into it as well (huzzah for sharing the driving on interstate roadtrips).

I'm really keen to know what the 'standard' comp package is these days - for reference I'm from Vic but will most likely travel to neighboring states for events as well.

I cannot say I'm interested in no comp events. The shenanigans and army cost to compete there might have been fun when I was younger and even dumber, but not so much these days.

Back in my day it was 1500 points, panel comp, and towards the end there was the glorious document that was Community Comp - hey, it was inflammatory, but it did a pretty good job.

So your bog standard two day event with 20+ people, what sort of guidelines are considered the norm?

Thanks for your replies!

--------------------
C'mon you apes, do you wanna live forever?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 26 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

yep the Tourney gaming has become an ugly place. I can remember when going to a tourney was about catching up with they guys you played games with. Now it is an ugly "us vs them" small groups (esp podcast/youtuber) not mixing and basically being ego driven tribalism.

Went back for 8th ed and after 3 tourneys I was playing a person who was playing a rubbish 14 psyker list and he insisted on using a chess clock and would turn it off and not inform me he had changed it over to my turn..... So I was waiting for him to say it was my turn and he had already done it minutes ago.... I re-retired right then I am too old and experienced to be bothered spending time on that.
I have dropped in to various tourneys to have a look and lists are still horrible and it is funny to watch a B+ player play a bum net list and still get trounced by a A grade player with a fairer (but still tough ) list.....

I stopped going to tourneys and have focussed on building the community in my area, enjoying painting miniatures and building all the stuff (models and terrain) in my shed of shame smile.gif. Luckily my little local area is growing fast. We have set up a core group and are running an Escalation campaign gathering players faster than bee's on flowers. Will be running the first Reaver cup in 8+ years at the end of the campaign. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Sep 26 2019, 04:42 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2019 - 08:26 AM