Reply to this topicStart new topic
> There is a club in Taree, NSW
chunky_salsa
post Jan 19 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,521

G'day guys,

have you heard there is a gaming club in Taree?
Known locally as T.A.G.S (taree amateur gaming society)
We play a variety of games from warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k, warmahordes and even dungeons and dragons.
when we wargame, we play at Mals Toy Shop (who also happens to stock games workshop stuff).

For anymore information, post a reply on here or PM me.

P.S I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this thread, if its not please let me know where to post it.

Cheers guys

Chunky Salsa
aka Nathan

--------------------
Leman Russ Punisher: When you have to reduce everything in your field of fire to a chunky salsa.

2014 Armies

Dark Angels
W/D/L

High Elves
W/D/L
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sir Eggplant
post Jan 19 2014, 04:31 PM
Post #2

The Mexecutioner

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,412

I've been trying for years to get a hold of you guys. I'm glad to see you on here

--------------------
Models I have painted in 2014:
2 ork boyz

Total number of models to beat: 8
+Quote Post
Rivyn
post Apr 22 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,566

Hi guys

I'm28 and located in Forster/Tuncurry and while I would love nothing more than to be able to get into Taree whenever I'd like and spend as much time as I need in there when I do, but I cant at the moment as I have neither a full licence or easy access to a car, so I was wondering if you guys have any members from my area that wouldn't mind getting together from time to time for some games (when you guys arent hosting them obviously; I dont wanna step on anyone's toes)

I've previously collected Chaos Space Marines, Space Marine (Blood Angels but I've since stripped the paint job for a repaint; actually done this to all my minis) Tau and Tyranids, though my forces are small and need some fine tuning to making playable. Currently though I'm not collecting them due to lack of funds to spare on them and paint, though in time I could possibly change that but for the meantime my meager ..... well not quite so meager forces are all I have to work with. Also, I'm still very green at playing 40k as even when I did have people to play with we didnt get the chance to play often and we usually bastardised the rules >.>;;;

That being said one of my reasons for getting out of it was not really being able to justify buying the miniatures not having anyone to play with and such so if I got into playing with a group on a regular to semi regular basis I'd probably be open to expanding my forces. Although quite frankly I'm far more interested in getting into the X-Wing Miniatures wargame if there are others in the group that want to play.

I'm also trying to get a group together to play Magic the Gathering and possibly the Pokemon TCG if theres interest. In the local area here if I can get the numbers for it, the manager of EB Games Forster said he'd be open to the possibility of keeping the store open longer to host something official there.

+Quote Post
nathan.paul.wynn
post May 16 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,654

Is there still a taree group? If so what games are played? And how often
+Quote Post
chunky_salsa
post May 17 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,521

We meet once a week.
on the first & third Saturdays we play dnd
The second saturday we play 40k mainly @ mals toy shop
And the forth Saturday we have a terrain/painting day at mals

--------------------
Leman Russ Punisher: When you have to reduce everything in your field of fire to a chunky salsa.

2014 Armies

Dark Angels
W/D/L

High Elves
W/D/L
+Quote Post
Voyaga
post Jan 8 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,844

QUOTE(chunky_salsa @ Jan 19 2014, 03:32 PM) *

G'day guys,

have you heard there is a gaming club in Taree?
Known locally as T.A.G.S (taree amateur gaming society)
We play a variety of games from warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k, warmahordes and even dungeons and dragons.
when we wargame, we play at Mals Toy Shop (who also happens to stock games workshop stuff).

For anymore information, post a reply on here or PM me.

P.S I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this thread, if its not please let me know where to post it.

Cheers guys

Chunky Salsa
aka Nathan

Have a young fella 11 yrs old just got his starter pack D & D and he is looking to learn all about it, would he be welcome and do i have to book him a position to play. And what are the game times? Had been pestering me since Christmas. smile.gif

Cheers and thank you

Oh just realised the age of this post. Is it still happening?

This post has been edited by Voyaga: Jan 8 2018, 06:17 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2020 - 10:20 AM