Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khador Mk III Lists & Tactics
dph
post Aug 16 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 16,654

Hi Folks

I was hoping some fellow children of The Motherland might be willing to post some of the MKIII lists that are working for them and importantly, a brief note on how you play it!

Obviously you may not want to give away too many 'secrets' to your fellow Warmahorde frienemies here, but I'd appreciate some collective wisdom.

Thanks all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morsla
post Aug 16 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

I've had a lot of fun with this 50 point list:

Butcher 1
- War Dog
- 4 x Juggernaught
Full MoW Shocktroopers
MoW Kovnik
Kayazy Eliminators

You know you're going to take a charge, but you can keep on swinging pretty hard even after taking a huge alpha strike. No warjack movement tricks apart from trampling... the Shocktroopers have to get ahead of the warjacks (with help from the Kovnik) and soak the initial wave, leaving at least a couple of warjacks to retaliate with.

It's damn slow, so you often have to run for a few turns to stay in the game on scenarios - but once you get into a zone, you're staying in there.

There's a point free, so one Jugger would probably be better off as a Kodiak... that spare point lets me expand to 50 points with the Shocktrooper UA, Ruin, and a second Eliminator pair though.

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
dph
post Aug 18 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(morsla @ Aug 16 2016, 01:32 PM) *

I've had a lot of fun with this 50 point list:

Butcher 1
- War Dog
- 4 x Juggernaught
Full MoW Shocktroopers
MoW Kovnik
Kayazy Eliminators

You know you're going to take a charge, but you can keep on swinging pretty hard even after taking a huge alpha strike. No warjack movement tricks apart from trampling... the Shocktroopers have to get ahead of the warjacks (with help from the Kovnik) and soak the initial wave, leaving at least a couple of warjacks to retaliate with.

It's damn slow, so you often have to run for a few turns to stay in the game on scenarios - but once you get into a zone, you're staying in there.

There's a point free, so one Jugger would probably be better off as a Kodiak... that spare point lets me expand to 50 points with the Shocktrooper UA, Ruin, and a second Eliminator pair though.

Thanks Morsla, love it. Very similar to a list I was considering.
+Quote Post
tort
post Aug 23 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,480

Hey,
I've been playing this list:

Irusk2
War Dog
*Behemoth
*Juggernaut
Alten Ashley
Kell Bailoch
Saxon Orik
Kovnik Joe
Gobber Tinker
Winterguard Mortar Crew
Kayazy (max) + Underboss
Wintergaurd Rifle Corp Max + 3 Rocketeers

It's 75 points. Irusk upkeeps Solid Ground on himself and Fire for Effect on the mortar. Irusk stays central and you want to get as much value out of your shooting as you can. You have a lot of high value blast damage as well as being able to do a lot of direct damage to heavies. You want to push forwards with the Kayazy but not too hard. Don't just run them forwards and let them all die. Basically they don't get too much further forwards than the Juggernaut. When your opponent closes you have Battle Lust and even Bear Strength on the rifles if you get desperate. With parry and the changes to backstrike (Killstroke) you can actually get huge value out of the Kayazy. You can often get 2 in the back arc of a heavy pretty easily - put battle lust on them and they roll 5 dice (4 in the front) and even a mostly depleted Kayazy unit can take down a heavy pretty easily.

Changes: So far the major underperformer has been the Juggernaut. It has done very little but also has not died yet which why it is still in the list. When you get to the late game and you still have Behemoth and the Juggernaut it feels not too bad. I'm not sure about Kell and Alten Ashley - they started out as part of a bigger sniper team which then mostly got cut. They have been value in every game so far again because they don't die. Both these options are not bad but I'm not sure if they are the right choices. I am seriously considering dropping at least one of them and the Juggernaught for Torch (and the tinker) or both and the tinker and then you have 6 points to play around with. Torch has the ability to let you ignore stealth which can be a problem for the list.

--------------------
QUOTE(Crono26 @ Jul 13 2015, 03:19 PM) *

TL; DR - You still can't beat me at wardollies. Thanks.
+Quote Post
dph
post Sep 2 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #5

Love it, thanks Tort!

Again, similar to what I've been considering... Kell and Ashley especially as I play Trolls a lot.

QUOTE(tort @ Aug 23 2016, 11:29 AM) *

Hey,
I've been playing this list:

Irusk2
War Dog
*Behemoth
*Juggernaut
Alten Ashley
Kell Bailoch
Saxon Orik
Kovnik Joe
Gobber Tinker
Winterguard Mortar Crew
Kayazy (max) + Underboss
Wintergaurd Rifle Corp Max + 3 Rocketeers

It's 75 points. Irusk upkeeps Solid Ground on himself and Fire for Effect on the mortar. Irusk stays central and you want to get as much value out of your shooting as you can. You have a lot of high value blast damage as well as being able to do a lot of direct damage to heavies. You want to push forwards with the Kayazy but not too hard. Don't just run them forwards and let them all die. Basically they don't get too much further forwards than the Juggernaut. When your opponent closes you have Battle Lust and even Bear Strength on the rifles if you get desperate. With parry and the changes to backstrike (Killstroke) you can actually get huge value out of the Kayazy. You can often get 2 in the back arc of a heavy pretty easily - put battle lust on them and they roll 5 dice (4 in the front) and even a mostly depleted Kayazy unit can take down a heavy pretty easily.

Changes: So far the major underperformer has been the Juggernaut. It has done very little but also has not died yet which why it is still in the list. When you get to the late game and you still have Behemoth and the Juggernaut it feels not too bad. I'm not sure about Kell and Alten Ashley - they started out as part of a bigger sniper team which then mostly got cut. They have been value in every game so far again because they don't die. Both these options are not bad but I'm not sure if they are the right choices. I am seriously considering dropping at least one of them and the Juggernaught for Torch (and the tinker) or both and the tinker and then you have 6 points to play around with. Torch has the ability to let you ignore stealth which can be a problem for the list.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2020 - 01:16 PM