> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post May 21 2019, 10:17 AM
Post #681

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 406 - Magnus1(Irr) vs Vlad-1(CM) - League Round 1
Mirage

Back to the home town, league time. Basically a tourney spread out over a few months, each matchup getting a few weeks to sort out a game.

As I am not the brightest spark, I opted to go with Magnus1 with a bunch of Rovers. Madness. Prior to the actual game I kept looking at the list trying to work out how I was meant to win, these games were going to feature a fair chunk of flying by the seat of my pants, which is a ludicrous expression I think I never want to use again.

Opening round is into Meme-oth using the alternate history caster, little Vlady.
It's double Judicator, Sev0 with a Redeemer, Rhoven and bros.
I've got Mag1 with four Rovers, anotehr Rover being Marshalled by Dirty Meg (Had to get Pathfinder from somewhere....), double Eliminators, the lame version of the pirate cannon, a dwarf mortar, some shonky solos (Alten, Orin, Eilish).

Rolled up Mirage, randomly threw terrain on the board, ended up with a some skipping stone esque forests, water, rubble, a trench and a hill.

I won the roll, picked first with the intent to run forward and attempt a shoddy version of Magnus2's feat. Opposing list has a bunch of Proxies, the Huge bases are Judicators is the only one that really matters. I had to sub in a Rockram to take the place of the marshalled Rover.

My side is a bit more foresty and has some rubble in annoying spot for my unpack.
No obstructions, so Menoth isn't to terrain concerned anyway, though they do get a defensive trench.

Round 1: I remember advance move, such pride. Stuff runs up, the jacks are spread out. Alten goes super far left because that is how I roll.
The Menites opt to fling out AoE's, trying to kill the Kayazy and packed in solos. Luckily the drifts are hot garbage and ping nothing.
IPB Image

Merc 2:Welp, time to jam out and try to scenario this shizzle.
The Artillery and Orin lightning a rover kill the two forward placed Wracks in the dim hope of getting some kill points.
No other relevant attacks, Rovers run, then Magnus feats and they run again.
The Jack Marshalled one, being somewhat slower, goes to the top of my zone.
One runs out of Magnus' control range to be in the way of the left Judicator, another runs to engage Vlad in the trench, another goes up to the right Judicator. One Eliminator unit also runs up on the right. Magnus tries to hide out behind the trees and camp.
Harlen runs to the centre flag, Tinker goes to the right back spot.
IPB Image

Menoth 2: Vlad feats, walks back a touch, casts Signs and Portents and pops his feat. Swings on the Armour buffed Rover engaging him, takes off about half it's boxes.
The left Judicator opts to do its ranged attacks, leaving the left side pair of Rovers on about 4 boxes each.
Right Judicator shuffle around, easily melees the right side Rover and the one engaging Vlad into small piles of molten liquid.
The Jack Marshalled is salivating at Vlad, so Sevvy's Redeemer moves to be in the way.
IPB Image

Alas for the Menites, the over concern for assassination and gleeful attrition hadn't allowed for contesting, as realised way to late in the turn. I score three on their turn and auto win top of 3.

Let's not do that again. Would have been annoying to contest for Menoth, though doable (Judicators lob shots at my solos, Redeemer runs to my zone after a Road to War) and still do reasonable damage to the Rovers. I then either have to sort out an assassination or try more desperate scenario games. If we played this 10 times Menoth probably win 9 of them.

Anyway, League 1 down! Only....two or three more Magnus games to go? Yech.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 21 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #682

Member No.: 4,171

Everyone does, indeed, want to be a pirate.

I'm happy you went with that YT clip rather than the hand-animated one that is...less...good for viewing...at work.

You've beaten Ashlynn this time, Gadget...but she's still out there...waiting...watching...

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 22 2019, 09:58 AM
Post #683

QUOTE(Master Chris @ May 21 2019, 02:55 PM) *

Everyone does, indeed, want to be a pirate.

I'm happy you went with that YT clip rather than the hand-animated one that is...less...good for viewing...at work.

We all know the most offensive Pirate media in existence today.

This one:

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: May 22 2019, 09:58 AM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 22 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #684

Correct.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jun 4 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #685

Game 407 - Caine3(LR) vs Wurmwood(DH)
Epic Pit

In the course of attempting to find something to deal with Wurmwood given the post OTC games, I fell into clear madness. Ossrum supposedly doesn't love it (post feat being super sad times with Stranglehold around).

Caine3 with Magesight got lodged in my brain. It seems bad. Bad enough that it has to be played to get out of the system.
Even making Caine3 lists are painful, primarily because the direct comparison to Cygnar lists are available. He also doesn't support the rest of his list, so they have to look after themselves.

Ended up building Llaelese Resistance, Caine has a battlegroup of three Mules and Ace, a bunch of the Llaelese solos, units are a max Trenchers and some Bastions. Unit think guided by the desire to fight medium based Tharn, guess we'll see how that goes into Wurmwood using a Ravager based build.

Central based scenario so....hmmmm.
I won the roll, took first. End up with a pair of hills, then a wall/obstruction deal on my side of the zones. Wurmy gets a pair of forests, one of which hides the Circle objective and a pair of way back obstructions.

Round 1: Everything moves up, I stay relatively central, the trenchers cloud up using the central obstruction to extend it.
Ghetorix moves up on the left, Wurmy plonks a forest in front of him and hangs back out of Caines threat range. Blood weaver solo chicks run up behind the wall and my obstruction, the wolf riding solos go up either board edge.
Cassius runs forward, arcs a Stranglehold from Wurmwood on a Mule that spikes super ahrd ont eh boosted damage roll and takes out its Mace arm. Did not expect that. he then ports back.
Lord of the Feast hides out behind the Circle obstructions, a shame given I wanted Ace to headhunt him.

Merc 2: Alrighty, plan is to kill Ghetorix, the two Gallows Groves and the two forward chicks.
Ideally Lord of the Feast and Cassius would be in the mix, alas is not to be. The Shifting Stones are also way to far back.

Caine tippy steps forward, puts mage sight out to just barely touch Ghetto, then he pops in his shots. I opt not to feat with logic I no longer recall yet was likely to be as confounding and nonsensical as the Lundgren He-Man movie (Spell says by "lundgren" did I mean "Plunderer". I guess if my child hood had more investment in that show maybe?).
Alas, disaster. Whats-his-face in Caines unit lands the Grievous shot and it is shield guarded by the bigger dude from the Bridget/Bigger dude unit. Rats. Caine's unit Flickers back.
The Strangleheld Mule pops a shot, it does sod all. At this point I give up on killing Ghetorix and regret not feating.

The other two Mules pop shots into the flanking Wold Ridey bros, one gets Crit Devestated yet receives merely a gumming on the damage roll and the other passes his tough. Eech.

Infantry wise we have a bit more success. Gorman throws an auto hit on the deviate corrosion grenade to kill one of the forward Bloodweaver solos, the other dies to a three man Trencher CRA.
Anastasia gives her life to kill one Gallows Grove, the other dies to Taryn shots.

The Trenchers pop their clouds, Bastions run to toe the centre and right zones.

IPB Image
End of Merc 2 pic, Gatormen standing in for Bastions.

Circle 2: Ghetorix commits on the three man group of Trenchers, kills a couple with snacking to heal up his few damage points. Ravagers come in on the centre and the right zone, Bastions kill one on a Defensive strike.
The Ravager attacks kill Gorman, Taryn, a few more Trenchers, one Bastion and leave three others on a single box.

The Griffon flies up to the left zone as Bridget and Caul murder Anastasia.

Had Wurmwood managed to gather souls I wouldn't have been surprised for the naked Caine to be straight up spell nuked, thankfully at least I was saved from that little nightmare.

The damn Wold Rider solo bros end up deep in my backfield so I''m now technically surrounded.

Circle score 1 for the left side, the objective having surprisingly survived and a Bastion toeing the centre zone.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Eep, lots of stuff getting up in my face. Number of available attacks is a serious concern. Have to counter kill as much as possible, Ghetto has to die this turn. The Bastions will have to deal with the right flank basically on their own while everything else tries to deal with the left and centre.

Caine aims, feats, hits Ghetto as does his fellow unit bros. Calamity is cast. Ghetto is behind the wall, so Ace tippy taps back a bit and does a Thundershot that knocks Ghetto down. Woot woot, it's the sounds of the alright priced character jack. A Mule shot then horribly overkills it.

The left Mule kills the Wolf Rider dude.

Trenchers and bit solos run to contest the centre and left.

Bastions get a Hot Meal from Gibbs and heal up, they then go swinging and kill half the Tharn in the right zone. Right side Mule tries and fails to polish off the last Wold Rider.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Welp, time for some treevenge. Leftwise the Tharn solo lightnings away contesting Eilish.
The little bird beast started outside Wurmy's control area, so frenzied with little value.

Centrally the Tharn clear out the last Trenchers.

Rightwise the Lord of the Feast comes up and finishes off my objective and one bastion. The Tharn in the zone come in, a defensive strike pops off another one, they end up leaving one Bastion alive contesting both the centre and right zone. Hero.

Circle get to 3 CP off the objective and left zone.

Round 4: Looking way to precarious for me now. I need to start scoring on the left, unfortunately contesting is going to be difficult.

It sadly ends up a mute point, Caine has to allocate to a Mule and Clamity a Tharn Raver unit to hold the centre/left, this leaves me without enough focus/attacks to kill the enemy objective.

Mules end up in the left and centre, with Calamity one unit kills fourish Tharn.

Bastions limp out on the right, now to few to prevent their easy deaths in the Circle turn to Cassius arcing pew pews and Circle winning 5 zip.

Between turns in round 4 pic:
IPB Image

Bastions were surprisingly nice, even though speed 4 is awful. They'll be second wave no matter what happens. Issue being that they're fine into Ravagers, without Trencher clouds they die hard to the pew pew Tharn bow people.
My local brains trust were current, at least one Mule should be a Mariner for the Thresher.
Caine's focus problem feels unsolvable in Mercs. Jacks aren't cheap/quality enough, taking a Galleon is terrible in a Stranglehold matchup.

Throwing this version in the bin for the moment, might resurrect later.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Jun 6 2019, 10:14 AM
Post #686

Caine's focus problems: What about those Steelhead Arcanists to Empower jacks? Does Sill-Willy help at all? smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jun 6 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #687

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Jun 6 2019, 10:14 AM) *

Caine's focus problems: What about those Steelhead Arcanists to Empower jacks? Does Sill-Willy help at all? smile.gif

Mmmmm.......maybe? Haven't really looked at Steelhead stuff as I haven't bought in, it's a good point. Not sure what they do in the unit v unit point, will have a gander.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jun 14 2019, 12:28 PM
Post #688

Game 408 - Gorten1 (Irr) vs Denny1 (DH) - League Rnd 2
Epic Recon

League round 2: No more Mag-aloo. Flipping in a new version of the Gorten list, throwing in the Galleon. Had another version that evolved from the OTC lists using the Steelhead Volley Guns, don't currently own those so plonking this one down instead.

Ye olde push and pull Dorf fella no longer has a viable Strength of Granite target, heavies dropped for a half a dozen bunnies split between sprays and hand cannon versions. Double Pressgangers remain to be vaguely sticky, using their lives to gun up giant cogs. Alexia2 made it in again as did Eiryss1 and Grogspar, Hawk got added now that she's a Sprinting Lunging machine thingy (Though I do miss Savio). Rounded off with Gastonne1 controlling a Galleon.

Notably, Gorten as a Rhulic caster can't reactivate the Galleon and there are no Marshalls in the list, just to make Gastonne even more of a potential weak point. Woot.

Recon 2 isn't ideal for me, basically have to push one zone in the scenario play to get the lazy win on feat turn, plus going into Denny1 Banes so clouds and stealth might make the assassination harder. Guess we'll see.

Both sides get a wall near their objective, making both Galleon and Kraken placement have some annoying positioning issues. Otherwise there's a central forest and other terrain that doesn't hugely impact play.

I lose the die roll, take the side with a vaguely defensive hill and a better hiding possibility with the central forest. Figure if Denny isn't available to die then we hide behind the forest and pop shots into the Kraken until it falls over (Spray bunnies can deal with the Banes once all the Press Gangers die gloriously in combat for three fiddy).

Round Uno, the game I keep getting official rules clarifications for on twitter: Both sides run at each other, the Kraken opts for the right side. Galleon ops for even Rightier.
Bane Warriors are on both flanks with the Knights in the centre, Denny goes up behind the wall.

The Pressgangers form literal lines, as Solid Ground stops being too concerned. The Galleon went so far right primarily because I completely forgot the point of it being in the list, which is to shove Gorten forward another 2 inches with it's new Crane rule. Whoopsie daisies.
IPB Image

Cryx 2: Banes! Banes everywhere! They swarm forward and get into my grill for the most part.
Kraken moves up, kills a couple Press Gangers (enough to fuel up Alexia).
Denny moves up and feats, she arcs a Venom on the left that sees a pair of Gangers tough out and Hawk dies. Dangit.
IPB Image

Merc 2: My plan had been to do a chip turn, have the Galleon/Handcannons kill the arc nodes, then ding the Kraken. Spray down some Banes. Send Alexia's triple Thrall missiles to hopefully finish off the Kraken.

Undead avarice rendered that plan less pointfull, as in order to get more stuff (Bunnies and Gorten) under feat Denny had walked over her wall and could be dragged forward. Time to attempt some juicy murder.

There's a spread of Bane Knights in front of her with the Defensive Strike mini-feat (Anti-PP quibble: The Bane Knight UA is a signature piece of failed design principles, far to many rules on one model, they should stop that) and she is camping....two focus? (Boosted Venom, fuelled up Kraken, the amth checks out!).

The Press gangers move around to be the wall of Banes-Being-Pushed blocking. They pass an absurdly high amount of their tough rolls, one dies out of the fiveish attacks that hit.

Gorten is feated on, so with his glorious speed of 2 he is an inch out of feat range. Grogspar winds his arm up....
IPB Image
...and trivially lands the hit, luckily he was out of Denny's feat range so Gorten was pseudo defence 9. Yes, none of this is required if I place the Galleon centrally (i.e correctly).

Gorten goes forward 6 inches, he ends up in a Machine Wraith (Proxied by a Brute Thrall) so gets about 5 forward. Grogy does a damage point. Gorten then activates, throws out an Eruption at a Bane Knight, backs up a tiny bit and drags Denny and most of the Banes forward. The Eruption does a solid whack to Denny.

Denny ends up engaged with a Press Ganger, I wanted to land an Eiryss shot alas it seems untenable. One Spray and two Gun Bunnies later Denny is splattered. Still had Eiryss potential, Galleon blast damage desperation, another Bunny and a fully loaded Alexia to go.
IPB Image

Pretty happy in the matchup anyway on the proviso I can kill the Arc Nodes on my turn 2, just to ensure Gastonne lives. After that Bunnies and Galleon shooting feels like it'll do well at the expense of Press Ganger lives, which is what it's for.

No list issues at present. Need to actually use Galleons rules. Dislike not having a Tinker/Anastasia/Bradigan in, though not a real drama. Haek is better list wise, functionally replacing Savio. I did ponder putting the JAIMs in, expect one game against Tharn or Ogrun will kill that notion.

Never forget the best Popeye iteration.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 33 34 35
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 06:32 AM