Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What was played at MOAB 2015, What systems were popular
rat of vengence
post Oct 12 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 362

QUOTE(allthecoolnameswheretaken @ Oct 12 2015, 04:11 PM) *

So what your saying ́s if you have a valid complaint that the rest of the community might agree with keep it to yourself because this site is only there so that people like yourself can blow smoke up other people's butts, where it is considered a whinge if you have an option that doesn't agree with people like yourself.

If that is what you thought I was saying, I suggest you get an adult to re-read the post for you mate. I tried to explain it for you, but you don't seem inclined to listen.

You say it's a valid complaint, but I would be interested to know if you actually know how much the convention cost to run. Do you? I have already shown you to be unaware of the prize pool in at least one games system, probably safe to assume there's more.

But hey, if you don't like it, fill your boots. Just don't expect sympathetic pats on the back if your only purpose here is to knock down people who put a lot of work into organising a long running successful convention.

RoV

--------------------
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Twin-linked gives you the ability to miss twice with a single shot weapon.

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

My children, also known as Destroyers of Hobby
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Burger
post Oct 12 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #22

バーガー男
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 15,947

QUOTE(rat of vengence @ Oct 12 2015, 06:12 PM) *

If that is what you thought I was saying, I suggest you get an adult to re-read the post for you mate. I tried to explain it for you, but you don't seem inclined to listen.

You say it's a valid complaint, but I would be interested to know if you actually know how much the convention cost to run. Do you? I have already shown you to be unaware of the prize pool in at least one games system, probably safe to assume there's more.

But hey, if you don't like it, fill your boots. Just don't expect sympathetic pats on the back if your only purpose here is to knock down people who put a lot of work into organising a long running successful convention.

RoV

biggrin.gif
Loved it!

--------------------
It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

Sutherland Shire Gamers
+Quote Post
chromedog
post Oct 12 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #23

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

QUOTE(Burger @ Oct 12 2015, 07:46 PM) *

biggrin.gif
Loved it!

+1.

It takes a LOT to organise a convention (let alone a single game tournament).
Try running one yourself if you think it's so easy.

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

+Quote Post
allthecoolnameswheretaken
post Oct 12 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #24

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,879

QUOTE(chromedog @ Oct 12 2015, 08:06 PM) *

+1.

It takes a LOT to organise a convention (let alone a single game tournament).
Try running one yourself if you think it's so easy.

I have and I do know how much it is to rent a community hall and that all insurances are included in the cost of the rental, and that the club member help with the setup and such so that some of the profit can be put back into the club for the continued running of such club as their reward. My option is that there is not enough incentive in prize pool and this might be stopping people from turning up, it has for me in previous and number as they are, are certainly showing a decline overall.
+Quote Post
Good ol Shakey
post Oct 13 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #25

shakeshakeshakeyshake

Member No.: 4,979

Just a suggestion, maybe next time instead of going straight on the attack, try saying your point with less aggressive language? As you can see, your post has already got people's backs up, simply asking why prize support was so low would do the same thing, seem less Whingey and have a more positive outcome. smile.gif
+Quote Post
JackColby
post Oct 13 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 14,843

QUOTE(allthecoolnameswheretaken @ Oct 12 2015, 11:04 PM) *

My option is that there is not enough incentive in prize pool and this might be stopping people from turning up, it has for me in previous and number as they are, are certainly showing a decline overall.

So, the idea of meeting new people to roll dice against them isn't good enough for you? Appears that you are only in it for the reward?

It appears that you have a wealth of experience running events as you are full of ideas saying how things should be done. Care to give some specific examples of events the same size as this one that you've run, just so we can be clear about who you are and what your credentials are?

Mighty big words you've put forth, be a shame for you to not back them up.
+Quote Post
duke69
post Oct 13 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,889

I'd like to think that I only play for the competiveness but it is nice to see a big pile of plastic crack being fought over.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 01:29 AM