3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Arc40k] 2014 Results are up!!!!
jimjimjimmyjim
post Feb 13 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #41

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,099

When I was younger I used to play in alot of tournaments.

Arc, conquest, dwarfcon you name it, I was there.

At several of these events it was apparent that ppl would cheat or do something very inappropriate, tho this sort of thing isn't as common any more but it would happen every now and then (this was in days when we had dial up modems so connecting via the net wasn't common) but I felt even back then the gaming community was very connected in a similar way it still is today.

If your busted or caught out for something this stuff spreads to other groups. If your banned from an event you are likely gonna be banned from many events too.

Several of these ppl were very talented artists/painters/sculptors many of them have never played at a tournament again since (to my knowledge)

Anyone remember the bloke who used to tap his dice twice "for luck" before rolling them?!

I have a question tho. How do I find out what the TOs gave me for comp?

Peer comp is a fickle thing and can often depend on how the game went. So knowing what the TO scored gives me a better benchmark of what I can put down next year that will still be reliably solid but not screw me over on my score.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Castigo
post Feb 14 2014, 01:06 AM
Post #42

Hobby Olaf
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 206

Anyone remember the bloke who used to tap his dice twice "for luck" before rolling them?!

Ha! That brings back memories....

--------------------
'Those pricks are like sharks teeth, knock one out 3 more appear!' Ry

Current projects:

Word bearers
Crimson fists
Orks
Imperial Guard

Comission work.....Facebook: Skullworks painting

2014 Leaderboard... *fart*

Facebook: Troll1bases
+Quote Post
Fuggorf
post Feb 14 2014, 07:09 AM
Post #43

Not the hero Gotham deserves
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,749

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Feb 13 2014, 10:07 PM) *

When I was younger I used to play in alot of tournaments.

Arc, conquest, dwarfcon you name it, I was there.

At several of these events it was apparent that ppl would cheat or do something very inappropriate, tho this sort of thing isn't as common any more but it would happen every now and then (this was in days when we had dial up modems so connecting via the net wasn't common) but I felt even back then the gaming community was very connected in a similar way it still is today.

If your busted or caught out for something this stuff spreads to other groups. If your banned from an event you are likely gonna be banned from many events too.

Several of these ppl were very talented artists/painters/sculptors many of them have never played at a tournament again since (to my knowledge)

I have a question tho. How do I find out what the TOs gave me for comp?

Peer comp is a fickle thing and can often depend on how the game went. So knowing what the TO scored gives me a better benchmark of what I can put down next year that will still be reliably solid but not screw me over on my score.

You don't. We wont be releasing that information.

--------------------
Fuggorf's Hit List:

Mitch Wragg

Yeah that's right Ben, I said you were right. ON THE INTERNET ohmy.gif!

My moderator voice is rainbow
+Quote Post
J.D.Entropy
post Feb 14 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #44

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 6,480

QUOTE(lonehunter @ Feb 12 2014, 06:29 AM) *

My only suggestion would be cut out the Alcohol, I pay good money to play man dollies, not listen/ put up with people who can't regulate themselves not handle their piss.

It was the only thing I thought was crap about the whole tournament.

Negative! Beerhammer is the business. Couldn't imagine trying to get through standing on my poor flat feet for 9 hours in the 40 degree heat without a couple of cooling ales. I only noticed one person being a tool, and I thought that was because he had some sort of mental deficit, something along the lines of imagianttoolitis.

--------------------
Paint little lead men
Pew-pew! Your ork Warboss died
Give me the trophy
+Quote Post
lonehunter
post Feb 14 2014, 12:09 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 242

It's not the first tourny I've been too where drunkenness has been something a TO has had to deal with.
Either way, I'll still attend, but I just hope that I'm not on the end of a drunken twat, if it had of been me at Arc, not sure I would have stayed as calm.

Def had imagianttoolitis. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Feb 14 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #46

What is the best thing to do when your opponents ####-faced?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Comrade
post Feb 14 2014, 11:40 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 6,176

Tell the TO.

--------------------
WAU's own capitalist-hating dirty Commie rat!

+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Feb 15 2014, 06:47 AM
Post #48

But wouldn't you get a 0 for sports from him? How would the battle results resolve?

I do believe I know the player we are talking about and his like this at every tournament I have been too that his also at.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lonehunter
post Feb 15 2014, 07:56 AM
Post #49

I'll take a 0 for sports and battle rather than spend two and a half hours with that person who is pissed and being a nonce.

So I'd pack up my models and tell the TO exactly why I was forfeiting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Comrade
post Feb 15 2014, 09:30 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 6,176

But wouldn't you get a 0 for sports from him? How would the battle results resolve?

I imagine his sports vote would not be counted, and you'd just recieve an average of your other battle and sports results.

--------------------
WAU's own capitalist-hating dirty Commie rat!

+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post Feb 15 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 9,971

Was at a tourney once where a guy full cracked it at an opponent and abused the crap out of him. The guy got banned from next years event and was even a member of the club that ran it

Actually that was me but you got the story mixed up.

The guy was being a douche to a few players in previous rounds and previous years at Downfall.
I got paired against him and was being extra nice and courteous because i planned on being super super tight on the rules knowing he would try and pull stuff on me.

He was instantly rude to me from the beginning of the game and continued to be throughout.

He deployed like an idiot on a mission allowed a 4+ seize the initiative. I had coteaz so obviously i seized and was smashing him really hard from the first turn.
He was getting more and more aggravated because every time he tried to pull something i would quote the rule and get out the book if needs be to disprove him.
At some point i baited him into something that just tipped him over the edge. He exploded and started throwing my models across the table while he very angrily ragequit so i loudly told him off for how childish and pathetic he was for the 5 mins or something that it took him to pack up and walk out the door.

While i was apologizing to the TO for what had just happened he stormed back in and yelled at the TO that he wants to give me 0 for sports which obviously the TO didnt allow and i got a full score biggrin.gif

I will say that i would never be that tight on the rules with someone in a tournament unless they were a massive douche bag, especially if i was smashing them as hard as i was him.
+Quote Post
mjb
post Feb 15 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 79

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Feb 14 2014, 07:48 PM) *

Smile and win.

--------------------
Realm of Legends
Shop 2, 190-198 Mt Dandenong Rd, Croydon VIC 3136
(Cnr Mt Dandenong Rd & Civic Square)
Ph. 03 8215 9344
www.realmoflegends.com.au
+Quote Post
Drazah
post Feb 15 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 7,175

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Feb 14 2014, 07:48 PM) *

buy them a beer.
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Feb 15 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #54

So I'm quite surprised no ones been bitching about their final scores?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Will_S
post Feb 15 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 12,786

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Feb 15 2014, 04:32 PM) *

Because its Ark and as the veteran players keep trying to tell you over and over again it doesn't matter. Go to the event to have a good time, look at the pretty war dollies and try and have 6 great games.

If your not happy with your comp score then try softening your list for next year, it doesn't matter what the judges gave you or what your peers gave you. At the rate at which GW is releasing stuff its probably going to change by next year anyway.
+Quote Post
J.D.Entropy
post Feb 15 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Feb 15 2014, 04:32 PM) *

As in "Pleasantly surprised because I expected a lot of carry on" or "I thought mine sucked and I'm surprised more people are not whinging".

In both cases, refer to the previous post - it's just a 2 day beerhammer/pretty wardollies event, people are chilled out about it.

--------------------
Paint little lead men
Give me the trophy
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Feb 15 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #57

Broken Badass

Member No.: 6,267

QUOTE(J.D.Entropy @ Feb 15 2014, 06:53 PM) *

As in "Pleasantly surprised because I expected a lot of carry on" or "I thought mine sucked and I'm surprised more people are not whinging".

In both cases, refer to the previous post - it's just a 2 day beerhammer/pretty wardollies event, people are chilled out about it.

Hahahahahahahahahahabahaha

+30billion

--------------------
"Just wow" The new meta for getting banned on WAU. Lives claimed since November 2014: 2

QUOTE(esrun @ Feb 8 2012, 04:53 PM) *
DND = do not disturb

I always play this especially while fapping.

Anthony Z:

"I don't understand why you take morale tests from dangerous terrain. Did you see what that rock did to Jim, quick run"

"######e tourney... Better alternative to going is masturbating with sand paper"

QUOTE(Elliot.Yung @ May 12 2013, 09:23 PM) *
You know your rule knowledge is bad when Shaun Hogan is correcting you :P

QUOTE(JBrehaut @ Mar 18 2015, 10:30 AM) *
If you really knew how to pullout, you wouldn't need a babysitter
+Quote Post
jimjimjimmyjim
post Feb 15 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(J.D.Entropy @ Feb 15 2014, 06:53 PM) *

Ahhh yes I meant the pleasantly one.

My grammar obviously comes off a bit rough every now and then without me meaning too.

It seemed like alot of folk were bringing quite powerful lists to arc, it kinda felt like very few ppl knew what comp was. So I had expected to see some rancour after the event on here.

After my last game I had an argument with the guy next to me when he was packing up, he was telling me a wave serpent isn't much better than a rhino! I was stunned by his view but didnt pursue it very far. I thought with opinions like this surely we are gonna see some lively debates later (tho I realise I shouldn't allow one persons opinion to influence or dictate the opinions of everyone else). But I had thought there would be some lively debate after ESP with all the folk I saw responding to ppls lists saying "don't be surprised if you get scored badly"

Anyways, I guess I'm trying to say its been great to just chat with you all about this stuff smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
J.D.Entropy
post Feb 16 2014, 11:12 AM
Post #59

I'll admit I was a bit surprised at that as well. I think the issue is that so many new releases have arrived in the year since Arc 2013 that it's difficult to for people to gauge relative power levels. If your local environment features heavy Tau/Eldar use, your perspective on what "powerful" constitutes will be different to an environment where a lot of folk are still using the remaining 5th ed codexes.

--------------------
Paint little lead men
Give me the trophy
+Quote Post
lonehunter
post Feb 16 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #60

It took me until game 3 to be pointed out that my Centurions were AP2 and my storm raven could shoot all 4 weapons not on snap shot when I flew not in hover mode... ha ha,

what I thought was a hard list got even harder...

Good thing I played 3 games prior to arc to learn rules and my army tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 11:26 AM