post Jan 9 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 504

Age of Sigmar Escallation Campaign

Second Sunday of the Month but games can be played any Sunday

Campaign Master - Mathew Weiss

Details, Registration and Score Board below

I know matthew has put a lot of work into setting this up and the trial game I had and the other game I saw were great fun.
Looking forward to seeing many WHF armies dusted of for the campaign which is based on smaller managable fun games. See you there armata_PDT_37.gif

This post has been edited by Raven: Jan 9 2016, 04:52 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
weissm
post Jan 9 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,267

Southern Age of Sigmar is an Escalation Campaign set in the Mortal Realms of the Age of Sigmar universe. Mighty leaders and legends will be forged as warbands fight for power and to uncover relics of an age past. Each month you will play games of Age of Sigmar, write epic tales of your heroic (or cruel!) deeds, while adding more to your model collection as your warband grows into a mighty army. Your leader will rise to glory, and at the end, one leader will have obtained the most glory and be the victor of the Escalation League.

Important Documents
There are two main documents you will need to read to get started, as well as a supplementary document that contains scenarios created for this league.
The first document is the Southern Escalation Rules Document. This document contains the majority of the details that will be used during the campaign, mainly around house rules, points each month and how to obtain Glory Points throughout the campaign.
The second document that is important (and linked to in the first) is the Independent AoS Pool System being used for the Campaign. This is a very popular 'points system' for Age of Sigmar which will be using as the basis of the escalation points each month. Give it a read for the armies you are considering using. You can also use Scroll Builder (Making sure its set to Pool) to build your warband lists.
Lastly, the Southern Escalation Scenario Pack. This pack contains some scenarios I have written up for use in the campaign. You can play Any scenario you want, regardless of where it comes from. You can make up a scenario on the spot if you want! Overall I recommend playing scenarios as opposed to the standard kill mission to add some flavour to the game.

Participating in the Campaign
The only requirements are your general gear for playing Warhammer, your models and a keen attitude to play some Age of Sigmar!
Each month there is a recommended point limit for playing games during the month which escalates over the duration of the campaign. It's a great way to build up a new army for the system over a couple of months.
You can play your games against other signed up people for the campaign at any location, although the preferred location is the Southern Wargamers club.
Please write the results of the game in this thread, and any additional information that may be required (such as applicable Glory Points obtained by either player).

Schedule
14th February - Campaign Kick-Off Day. Come down and have some fun in small scale encounters. There won't be a particular theme to this campaign day, just an opportunity to meet players participating and have some fun games of Age of Sigmar.
13th March - Campaign Day - 6 points
10th April - Campaign Day - 9 points
8th May - Campaign Day - 12 points
12th June - Campaign Day - 15 points and Escalation Wrap-up??

Participants and Scoreboard
Anyone is free to join at any time. Below is a scoreboard of how people have been doing so far.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by weissm: Jun 7 2016, 09:52 PM
+Quote Post
Incognito
post Jan 20 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 855

Hey matt

Im Intersted in playing in this. ive never played AOS before so ill meed a little help.

the only prob ive got is that i cant commit regularly because ill be away a lot for work

next thing is im not sure where to start with building a list that will be fun to play with and against. what do you think is better. round or square bases??

cheers
Bryan

--------------------
Alea Jacta Est - Julius Caesar as he sealed his fate
+Quote Post
weissm
post Jan 21 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #4

Whatever bases you want!
Personally I feel rounds look better for a skirmish game like this, but I'm certainly not going to be saying no to anyone wanting to use models on square bases, whether because they have an old existing army or because they want to use the same models for other game systems. So basing is really up to you.

I think, join up as long as you think you'll get something out of it. If you don't end up playing a single game, but end up painting all your models or writing fluff about your guys, doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. You still accomplished something by joining the league, even if it wasn't gaming.
My recommendation is to try and play at least one game a month, as gaming generally motivates people to build and paint as well.

As for fun list to play with/against. Build something you enjoy and want to play with for starters. Try and build something balanced as opposed to one dimensional. Don't overload on monsters/heroes, as there will be scenarios that involve claiming objectives, which generally heroes/monsters can't claim but can contest. Don't overload on summoning, I've purposely been fairly loose for more narrative reasons but if people abuse it, it might end up being restricted.

I think you have the AoS boxed set? If you're interested in either of those, I think either force in that set would make a good starting force that you can add further models to throughout the campaign. In the Escalation Rules Document, I have listed a bunch of lists that can be made from popular boxed sets, and it indicates how many points you would get from the AoS set (Although, be aware that the points may have changed since I wrote those lists).
+Quote Post
weissm
post Feb 8 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Hi guys,
Under a week until the Escalation Campaign kicks off. Had a few people let me know they're fairly keen on it, and hoping to see more on Sunday.

If you're on the edge, just wipe the dust off your old warhammer figures, come down, and have some casual enjoyable games on Sunday to determine whether or not you're keen.
Also, if you don't have any miniatures and are looking to get into the game, this is a perfect opportunity. Let me know if you'd like to borrow some miniatures to game on Sunday and I'll bring down some extra warbands.

If you're having any trouble creating a warband, don't hesitate to post in this thread, flick me a PM, or talk on Sunday about it.

This post has been edited by weissm: Feb 8 2016, 09:50 AM
+Quote Post
weissm
post Mar 6 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #6

Hi all,
Been a while since this was updated, so here's a summary of whats been happening, and some information for the next campaign day.

Campaign Day - 14th February
We had an excellent turn out last month for the campaign day. A total of 8 players were out and about playing games of Age of Sigmar. A total of 6 games were played, 4 games of 1 on 1, and 2 games that involved multiple players (a 2v2 and a 2v1 game). Everyone had an excellent time, and were keen for more.

Campaign Related Links
Here are some links to battle reports and other write ups that have occurred from players during the month of February.

First part of a two part write up by me
Second part of a two part write up of the day by me
Beastmen vs Stormcast Battle Report by Doom and Darkness
2v2 Age of Sigmar Battle Report by Doom and Darkness
Tomb Kings vs Stormcast Battle Report by Doom and Darkness
Anyone is free to provide write ups of their own battles, fluff write ups or even painting updates to gain a point each month!

Campaign Day March
The March campaign day is next weekend, Sunday the 13th of March. I've written up a Campaign Day Document for this day. The warbands will venture into Ghur, the realm of Beasts. Within the swamps of Desperia, the warbands will wrestle for control of Idols of ancient Power.

Finally, here is some fluff written by the Duardin player Alex last month.

As the end times approached few strongholds looked as if they would weather the storm and come out the other side with any strength to carry on, The Red Peak, however, seemed to many, a glimmer of hope of such an occurrence. A mountain of immense proportions situated far south of Karak Eight Peaks; within it a dwarven stronghold so immense it rivalled High King Thorgrim Grudgebearers in size and strength. The ruler of this hold, King Mozzak the Grim, a wise yet ruthless commander had led his people for over four hundred centuries, steering them from strength to strength and giving the Red Peak its name from the oceans of blood shed at the mountains walls. Mozzak was a wealthy King, even among dwarven standards, the Red Peaks treasure holds, an envy to behold, with gold and gems so rare, time had all but forgotten they exist,but Mozzak's proudest and most valued possessions came in the form of his two son's; Dogor, the eldest, and Morgrim. Two different princes to the throne you could not find; Dogor, the larger of the two seemed born to wield an axe, courageous, bold, every throng he ever led resulted in a victory for the Red Peak. Morgrim was a quieter prince, a natural tactician, his cunning had led to many dwarf lives spared in battle due to his ingenuity in well placed ambushes. Mozzak was a king who had it all, not that anyone would be able tell as he always wore a scowl on his face.

With the approaching winter leading to Mozzak's four hundredth and ninth year as King of this mighty hold; the end times erupted across the Old World reverberating through air, water and in this case earth.... First came the hordes of skaven, walking ratmen, warped by chaos, spilling through the under tunnels long abandoned by the mining clans of the Red Peak. With his forces stretched, Mozzak turned a blind eye to the pleas from other dwarven holds requesting aid. Prince Dogor enraged by his fathers abandonment of their kin across the world, tried to convince his father to help their fellow dwarves. Mozzak's chastisement of this lack of tactical acumen only deepened his fury further. One fateful day Dogor and two hundred dwarves loyal to him were seen entering the slayer shrine only to leave the Red Peak through a hidden tunnel in a swarm of orange Mohawks and dwarven blades. The only item missing from Dogor's personal chambers was his double bladed rune axe given to him by his father on his fiftieth name day. As the days grew ever more dour, the skavens numbers seemed to only increase no matter their losses. Dwarven losses taking their toll, Mozzak's troubles were only at their beginning, only he did not expect what was to come. Mozzak had only returned from a battle from the lower halls, dried rat blood still encrusted on his armour, when the very pillars of his personal chamber started to shudder. All around the Red Peak, reports were flooding in of strange energy gates appearing from thin air and streams of foul chaos warped creatures spilling forth. It wasn't long before Mozzak was forced to order the unthinkable, beset by foes from everywhere, the bodies of fallen dwarves ever increasing, Mozzak gave the order to evacuate the mountain. Morgrim, receiving his fathers instructions, made good the evacuation. Mozzak, in an attempt to buy his people some much needed time, led a hundred strong throng of his personal bodyguard, the mighty dwarven hammerers, and a contingent of the deadly fire belching Iron drakes into the heart of his hold, a familiar scowl etched across his brow....

He raised the empty flask to his parched mouth in the ever vain hope that some ale would trickle down from its depths, no ale came, as had been the case for the last two days since the supplies had run out. King Mozzak attached the flask to his belt, a permanent scowl etched among his face; composing himself, he straightened his posture ready to address his men. He looked up at the dim light shining through the trees, the makeshift camp his men had created in the dense forest south of the Red Peak, made him ponder his decision to evacuate his hold. Mozzak could only imagine what had befallen Morgrim and the vast population of his hold, whether they had secured safety in the environment outside of the mountain. Mozzak had led a throng into the very heart of the source of chaos filth spilling forth in the lower halls, fighting for five days without rest, even the hardiest dwarf was exhausted beyond measure. It was only Hord, the captain of his personal bodyguard that spared their lives pulling Mozzak and a handful of surviving dwarves towards a secret tunnel only the most privileged dwarf of the Red Peak would know of. Marching for a further three days through pitch black tunnels they eventually surfaced into the bare surroundings at the south side of the mountain. Instantly beset by a swarm of chaos demons, too foul to describe they fought stoically to get to the protection of a nearby forest, dwarven hammerers and iron drakes alike fighting to to their last breath to protect their King. For Mozzak was still a King in the eyes of his people, his muscular frame, made ever more impressive by his rune crafted, gromril armour covering the majority of his torso. Tightly gripping Drakmir, his double bladed rune axe in his left hand, it's weightlessness a testimony to its craftsmanship at how deadly it was. Mozzaks beard, stretching down to his feet, appeared wiry and unkempt in a manner unbefitting royalty with more white appearing than Mozzak could remember there being a few weeks ago.

All of this made Mozzak justify the title 'King Mozzak the Grim' for ever since the coming of the end times and the complete annihilation of civilisation, Mozzak contemplated his rule. While the world was torn asunder Mozzak had barred his gates within the mighty Red Peak mountain protecting his people from the horrors above ground. Even when word spread that Thorgrim Grudgebearer had fallen, he refused to open the gates as scouts reported tides of monstrous beasts swarming the lands outside too unspeakable to describe. Mozzak felt just in his decision to forsake all others if it meant it would save his kingdom and people from death.. Little could he imagine how far the forces of chaos could reach. Mozzak winced as he remembered that fateful day.

Mozzak was broken from his dour recollections by his captain of his personal bodyguard, Hord, resplendent in his full gromril armour and mighty double handed hammer coming up to him and addressing him; "apologies my lord", Mozzak, regaining his composure replied shortly "Report", "The slayers are leaving, should I not talk with them?", "Do as you wish, I will not beg these shame bringers to stay!" Mozzak yelled this last sentence so that the troll slayers within ear shot bristled, had it been anyone else who had made that remark, blood would have been spilt.

Hord walked towards the group of slayers, through the temporary camp he had erected in the dense woodland since their escape through the secret passageways of the Red Peak. Hord disliked conversing with slayers, his whole life dedicated to servitude and the art of war, slayers represented a mindset completely alien and unpredictable to him; plus their hygiene left a lot to be desired. Hord stopped in front of possibly the two most muscular dwarves he had ever come across, the first had blue runic tattoos etched across his body, two deadly hand axes attached to his waist; Hord admired the quality of these blades and wondered if a dwarf who could look after these blades so well couldn't be bothered to bathe! The second dwarf Hord instantly recognised, this dwarf was massive in terms of a dwarf, his body was etched with knotted scars; a particularly large and fresh one lining across his chest, a large orange Mohawk and braided beard could not hide this dwarf, even if it did, the double bladed rune axe he had personally overseen its production of could not be forgotten. "Dogor, I need to talk with you", with a slight nod of Dogor's head, the other slayer grunted and walked away towards the other slayers. "What do you want Hord? My men thirst for the next hunt", Hord composed himself, "There are things in this world I cannot change, I cannot change the world turning on its head, I cannot change the time you forsook your birthright to give in to your your own personal quest, I cannot change your fathers stubbornness to acknowledge his sons existence" Hord let out an exasperated sigh "but I was hoping I could convince that son not to turn his back on his kin in their most dire hour". Dogor swelled with anger, his face turning a deep shade of red before exploding " Turn his back on?! Turn his back on!!! Whose axe slew the demon, moments before it took your life? Whose axe cleared a path for you and your 'king' to escape the Red Peak?!". It was Hord's turn to lose his temper "And who taught you to wield that axe?! Your axe didn't save us, my abilities as a teacher saved us, without that your 'axe' wouldn't have been worth a grobi's bowel movement!". Dogor stood, locked in a stare with Hord for what seemed like an age before erupting into a deep laugh, " some things never change Hord, you always knew how to reason with me" Dogor's posture relaxed and the red left his face " I will discuss your request with my brothers, we all have an equal vote and must all have a say in where we go." Hord, instantly feeling relieved but being careful not to show any sign of it, fixed Dogor with a stern stare "some things I hope never change"...

This post has been edited by weissm: Mar 6 2016, 03:27 PM
+Quote Post
weissm
post Apr 4 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #7

We've got the next campaign day coming up, so here's another post to remind people we're not dead smile.gif

Last Campaign Day
Last day had an excellent turn out, with 6 players rocking out Age of Sigmar games. Even better that 3 of the players were new to the campaign. Some great fun as had contesting the extraction of powerful Idols, where the winners would boost the powers of their Priests or Wizards in their armies.

Resources
Not so much in the resources department this month, but here's a few.
Campaign Day Write Up by Me
Battle Report - Chaos Undivided vs Highborn Aelves by Me
Warband Story by Ben

Next Campaign Day
The next campaign day is this Sunday, the 10th of April at the Southern Wargamers Club. The the forces of Order and Death are in pursuit of the forces of Destruction and Chaos that have whisked away Idols from the Swamps. Will they sneak away with the Idols for their dark purposes, or will the forces of Order restore the Idols into safe custody (or the forces of Death snatch them away for their own agenda?).
The Campaign Day Document contains the rules that will be in play as the fight moves through the Deadscale Wastes.

This post has been edited by weissm: Apr 4 2016, 09:48 PM
+Quote Post
weissm
post May 5 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #8

Hey Age of Sigmarrers. Just to confirm, we will not be having our regular campaign day this Sunday due to Mothers day (Although, people free are of course, always welcome to play). It will instead by the 15th of May.
Also, an updated version of the pool system we are using has been released. Be sure to check if there are any changes to the points costs of models in your force before you next play.
You can find the latest document here.
+Quote Post
weissm
post May 14 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #9

Hi guys, bit of a late update for this month.

Last Campaign Day
Last day a bit of a smaller turnout, with 5 players battling it out in the realm of Ghur. Unfortunately it just wasn't a convenient time for some people, but we made do. Everyone had a good bit of fun playing the Hidden Artefact mission, but in the end the forces of Order came out on top (Definitely easier when there's 4 order players to only 1 Chaos!)

Resources
Not so much in the resources department this month, but here's a few.
Battle Report - Chaos Undivided vs Highborn Aelves by Me
Battle Report - Chaos Undivided vs Stormcast Eternals by Me
Updated Stormcast Warband Story by Ben

Next Campaign Day
The next campaign day is this Sunday, the 15th of May at the Southern Wargamers Club. Quite upset that Order manager to re-claim the Idols, the other forces are launching an assault on the keep housing them in a bid to steal them back. At the same time, they are launching simultaneous assaults on nearby inhabited locations to split the defending forces of Order.
The campaign pack can be found by following this link
+Quote Post
weissm
post Jun 7 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #10

Last Campaign Day
Last campaign day saw the players fighting one of two battle plans. It quickly showed that perhaps the night rules weren't exactly well thought out for the scenario being played, but people had a ton of fun anyway! Great turn out again, and a new player joined us as well.

Resources
Battle Report - Chaos Undivided vs Seraphon by me
Battle Report - Stormcast vs Death by Doom and Darkness

Next Campaign Day
The next campaign day is this Sunday, the 12th of June at the Southern Wargamers Club. There's one more idol out there, stolen by some rampaging Orruks earlier on in the campaign. All forces seek an audience with a tribe of Beastspeakers, who by communing with the beasts throughout Ghur are thought to know where the missing Idol may be located.
Read the details in this months Campaign Pack
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 02:42 PM