Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is anybody out there!! (out there, out there....)
Philip_Cohen
post Nov 27 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,278

Hello

I don't knwo if anyone is still reading this forum but....

I was reading how the battlefront split up in 2012 and then for a time there was phoenix fire games, but that shut down in 2013.

I was wondering is there still a group of tabletop/other gamers in Mt Gambier or the South East? Do they meet anywhere that I haven't been able to find? or is the scene pretty dead?

My name is Philip Cohen and I will be moving to Mt Gambier from Sydney in Feb 2015. I am looking for a group of people to play games and generally relax with. If none currently exists I would be keen to start up a DnD (dungeons and dragons) group if there is enough interest ( I am enjoying the new 5th edition, so would likely use that).

I also have two 40k armies (nids and eldar) but play infrequently due to time constraints

Let me know
Philip
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BoBo
post Nov 13 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Republic of BoBostan

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,020

YO!
Ok so better late than never right?

I was the founder and showrunner for the Battlefront back in the day when, after I stepped down and put a committee in my place so that I could move on... well, they blew it all up through an appalling social media meltdown in record breaking time. Pretty disheartening to see. I stepped away from the community and moved to Melbourne and for a while it was all pretty quiet.

I understand that some of my old friends are now running card games and board games out of the Salvo hall again. It's mostly Magic: The Gathering but I believe wargames are getting a renewed interest there.

If you can chase up the 'Magic The Gathering - Mount Gambier' page on Facebook, that's your best lead. I'll see if I can get in touch with some of the old crew and see if they can get back to maintaining a presence here again.

Good Luck!

--------------------
The Artist Formerly Known As

"The most consistently insane looking person I've ever seen" - Chaplain Fortis

Promethean Forge
+Quote Post
dreadanant
post Jun 15 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,843

If there any interest left here a new gaming shop has recently opened and is fairly committed to kicking the table top scene back in to gear, the shops called game haven and are currently stocking 40k and almost every other tcg and board game
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 09:26 PM