Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wasup wargamer au and 8th, I've been out since 6th, and i don't know what to do with my h
waxsir
post Sep 10 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,829

Hey kids,

I've been inactive since 6th and 8th has me sucked back in.

Can I get a quick sitrep on the scene and Wargammerau eg. what are you using instead of photo bucket?

I'm in Brisbane, where do the adults play?

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
There's never been a true war that wasn't fought between two sets of people who were certain they were in the right. The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous. Neil Gaiman: American Gods.

My fine art practice @ conoroshea.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Khysanth
post Sep 11 2017, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,728

Hey wax, nice to see u. 8th brought me back too.

--------------------
Hive Fleet Iceberg modelling diary

QUOTE(waxsir @ Feb 25 2007, 01:01 AM) *
Khysanth (Plays tough armys and has evolved IMHO as a great tryanid player in vic)
Thanks wax
+Quote Post
morsla
post Sep 11 2017, 07:14 AM
Post #3

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

Welcome back smile.gif 8th has revived a lot of gaming groups - I'm not sure what the Brisbane scene is like, but some of the locals (Blackhearts Reaver?) should be able to fill you in.

Imgur seems to be the most popular replacement image host now that Photobucket has imploded.

--------------------
[WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 11 2017, 08:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 446

Yeah Imgur.

Brissie is still in the rebuilding phase. Over the last 2-3 years 40K has been stagnant with tournaments waning to a a couple of groups of powergamers and some diehards.

8th ed has table flipped the game and so alot are coming back out of the closet and in the same time period a few new shops have opened up and are promoting games.

Ipswich, Springfield, Loganholme, Toowoomba, Kallangur , Bray Park, Alderley, Caboolture is still going (QNK) all have clubs/shops that have growing 8th ed communities.
and GW Mt gravatt. GW Carindale moved further out to Capalaba and seem to be running tourneys.
QGG is still running tourneys 2 times a year. (at Enoggera bowls club).

I would say it is too soon to tell how they all will pan out, but the signs are good. Hopefully the scene will rejuvenate. There seems to be alot of new blood coming into the hobby via computer game crossover so alot of the gaming is beginner to average and the average level of painting has gone down overall. BUT tourney numbers are on the rise again so enthusiasm is growing.

Vets all went on hiatus and the current crop have been either trained by GW or not at all (the gamers that were left have put no time into the new players). They know how to net list and paint by the numbers (if at all). There does feel like there is a need for more hobby and community and there are definate green shoots of that springing up now. So in 6 months to 2 years it might be back to the heydays of 60+ player tourneys and thriving clubs.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Sep 11 2017, 08:43 AM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
VisOne
post Sep 11 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Combat Simian

Member No.: 12,758

Thylacine from the The Blind Pig never stopped with regular organised games so if your towards Mt Gravatt we meet often and of course Warhammer 40K is only one of the many systems in play.

I honestly have always seen the same players I've know for years playing not a lot of new blood per-say but I'm not as heavily invested as say BR is in the scene as a whole so I think its on a upturn but I'm not sure if I would project ongoing growth it really depends on how the last quarter of the years codexs effect the system as a whole. Any fear of serious issues the system itself is known for or any of GW overall price shenanigans or forced sales might quickly turn things sour again.

But that said so far things seem good from what I have seen.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Sep 11 2017, 12:00 PM

--------------------
What I do: Chef by trade, arsehole by choice; but I play games and build the following when I'm not being either.

Vissy's Threads: Aeldari Done Cordonblue, Tries to Count to Infinity, Bug Hunt Corridors, Takes on Zen Terrain, Haydens Folly Table & Making Terrain on Budget
+Quote Post
waxsir
post Sep 17 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,829

Thank you all for this very informative run down.

I picked up the rule etc.

You should see me more active, and I'll follow up on the gaming groups and recommended tournaments. And might start with Oktober?

Thanks again!

--------------------
There's never been a true war that wasn't fought between two sets of people who were certain they were in the right. The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous. Neil Gaiman: American Gods.

My fine art practice @ conoroshea.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 03:16 PM