70 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World of Tanks thread, part II
FeeTFooD
post Feb 15 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,149

I'm finding Redshyte better now, i've played three battles on it, all north spawn. In my first battle, 4 tanks camped the hill where there used to be trees, and complained about the lack of trees. On my second battle, 3 did it. On my third, 4 tanks camped in A1. We lost the 3rd battle but won the other two.

--------------------
Rogal Dorn: "Masturbation is a passtime, like doodling"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kipse
post Feb 15 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,644

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ Feb 15 2014, 09:44 AM) *

I'm finding Redshyte better now, i've played three battles on it, all north spawn. In my first battle, 4 tanks camped the hill where there used to be trees, and complained about the lack of trees. On my second battle, 3 did it. On my third, 4 tanks camped in A1. We lost the 3rd battle but won the other two.

I rage quit last night 6 straight losses. An E50 got pushed off a cliff by my Lowe platoon mate it sat at the bottom, and a platoon of an E4 and WT Pziv tried to kill it allowing the E50 to kill them, and that was the smartest team we had in 6 games, so in face of probably getting a chat ban I got off.
+Quote Post
Herald
post Feb 15 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #23

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

All was going well last night until the VN players started appearing en masse. I never really hated redshire to be honest, just play on the west side and the map was never too bad.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
WMD
post Feb 15 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #24

Not completely Japanese

Member No.: 2,959

QUOTE(Herald @ Feb 15 2014, 12:32 PM) *

All was going well last night until the VN players started appearing en masse. I never really hated redshire to be honest, just play on the west side and the map was never too bad.

The Best times to play tier 10s.
I took out my Batchat 25t and went on incredible rampages.

Could not clear my stock At15, Its armor is like paper, it has a tier 8 medium tank gun and every match it saw tier 10s. Too much gold ammunition, I got penetrated repeatably straight through the round gun mantle by a Nashorn sad.gif

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.
Dic_ Morris - Fox News Aug 22nd, 2008

: Some Americans have the memory of a ******* GoldFish :

+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post Feb 15 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(WMD @ Feb 15 2014, 03:38 PM) *

The Best times to play tier 10s.
I took out my Batchat 25t and went on incredible rampages.

Could not clear my stock At15, Its armor is like paper, it has a tier 8 medium tank gun and every match it saw tier 10s. Too much gold ammunition, I got penetrated repeatably straight through the round gun mantle by a Nashorn sad.gif

Has the T8 HT gun mate, the AT-7 has the T8 MT gun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WMD
post Feb 15 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #26

Not completely Japanese

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ Feb 15 2014, 03:48 PM) *

Has the T8 HT gun mate, the AT-7 has the T8 MT gun.

Spare me. (Still stock with the TypeA gun) armata_PDT_14.gif

I am going to have to play it like an AT7, Where you must engage at long to mid range given the major weakspots in your armor which cannot be relied on. (Yes Iam doing it wrong)

Iam playing basically the same tank for the four three tiers (At2, At8, At7, At15)

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.

+Quote Post
Herald
post Feb 15 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #27

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

QUOTE(WMD @ Feb 15 2014, 04:18 PM) *

Spare me. (Still stock with the TypeA gun) armata_PDT_14.gif

I am going to have to play it like an AT7, Where you must engage at long to mid range given the major weakspots in your armor which cannot be relied on. (Yes Iam doing it wrong)

Iam playing basically the same tank for the four three tiers (At2, At8, At7, At15)

I'm hoping that the AT8 onwards is better because the AT2 is painful. It's gun is the crappy one the crusaders use seems to be unworkable and I'm thinking of using the tiny howitzer gun.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post Feb 15 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Herald @ Feb 15 2014, 05:29 PM) *

I'm hoping that the AT8 onwards is better because the AT2 is painful. It's gun is the crappy one the crusaders use seems to be unworkable and I'm thinking of using the tiny howitzer gun.

Look up my in game stats. I used the 6pdr. The thing is a bloody machine gun with very good accuracy and insane DPM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mortus The Corrupter
post Feb 16 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,263

Anyone else getting their game run kinda in slow motion since the latest patch hit?

I had all sorts of issues getting the game to work.....

I decided to download it from scratch; this took over 18 hours to download the 6.something gigs the game is now at. WTF?

Next up, the OMC mod pack doesn't seem to work correctly.

Finally, my ping has arbitrarily jumped to around 130-140 with fairly consistent intermittent lag. The little lag indicator consistently flashes red now and it just adds to the "slow motion" feel of the game. sad.gif

Generally I am pretty annoyed right now dry.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Saleh "Must you always compare the Middle East to the Colon? It's another form of Western Cultural..blah blah blah. Women bleed. Not in the Alice Cooper way."
WAU *headshot*
-Shotgun (27/09/10)

GW know what they're doing just like the writers of LOST knew what they were doing.
-chromedog (23/4/12)
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Feb 16 2014, 08:19 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 362

QUOTE(Mortus The Corrupter @ Feb 16 2014, 01:14 AM) *

Anyone else getting their game run kinda in slow motion since the latest patch hit?

I had all sorts of issues getting the game to work.....

I decided to download it from scratch; this took over 18 hours to download the 6.something gigs the game is now at. WTF?

Next up, the OMC mod pack doesn't seem to work correctly.

Finally, my ping has arbitrarily jumped to around 130-140 with fairly consistent intermittent lag. The little lag indicator consistently flashes red now and it just adds to the "slow motion" feel of the game. sad.gif

Generally I am pretty annoyed right now dry.gif sad.gif

Similar here, except I didn't go from scratch. Higher pings (190 ish) and OMC didn't download properly for some reason.

Finding teams full of doofus frustrating, twice last night I got 5 kills yet was on the losing team sad.gif That said, having a great time with the T82 and M8. Good camo and careful play really rewards these things.

RoV

--------------------
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Twin-linked gives you the ability to miss twice with a single shot weapon.

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

My children, also known as Destroyers of Hobby
+Quote Post
sir-ronsalot
post Feb 16 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,158

I installed OMCs pack yesterday after someone in clan told me it was working, I've had no problems but have noticed the game has been a little jumpy since the patch. Did have the download stall at one point but I just hit continue and it installed properly.

Only really one thing that was annoying with the mods is the new sixth sense noise alert, too loud and the beeping telling you that you are still spotted is really annoying, had to change that and a couple of other things like mouse scroll to sniper scope.

--------------------
Football fans share a universal language that cuts across many cultures and many personality types. A serious football fan is never alone. We are legion, and football is often the only thing we have in common.
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post Feb 16 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #32

That is why I am now using a minimal mod pack. One of my clan mates set it up to be basically just XVM, zoom mods, minimap mods and new, better ammorack and 6th sense pictures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sir-ronsalot
post Feb 16 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(FeeTFooD @ Feb 16 2014, 10:40 AM) *

That is why I am now using a minimal mod pack. One of my clan mates set it up to be basically just XVM, zoom mods, minimap mods and new, better ammorack and 6th sense pictures.

That's the great thing about OMC's mod pack, you can pick whatever you want.

Changed the sixth sense mod and two others in under 5 mins. It's great to see what different mods look like then swap them with no fuss. Their mod pack will do a full roll back or just make a couple of changes.

All I have is the sixth sense noise, sign and a countdown to let you know when you can't be seen again [with lower volume than the first one], zoom in and scope mods, farsight mod, XVM and minimap view range mods.

--------------------
Football fans share a universal language that cuts across many cultures and many personality types. A serious football fan is never alone. We are legion, and football is often the only thing we have in common.
+Quote Post
sir-ronsalot
post Feb 16 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #34

Oh and auto log in mod, was getting fed up typing it every time I wanted to play.

Oh and the three line tank carousel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
rat of vengence
post Feb 16 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 362

Where do you get your download for this from fellas?

RoV

--------------------
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Twin-linked gives you the ability to miss twice with a single shot weapon.

My Orcstralian Army blog, at the best O&G site; http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...showtopic=23521

My children, also known as Destroyers of Hobby
+Quote Post
FeeTFooD
post Feb 16 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #36

I get mine from the official forums, but you can just google the omc pack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sir-ronsalot
post Feb 16 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(rat of vengence @ Feb 16 2014, 11:20 AM) *

Where do you get your download for this from fellas?

RoV

http://www.odemmortis.com/download.php?fileID=98

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mortus The Corrupter
post Feb 16 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 5,263

I am getting a really weird thing happening with my crosshair:

IPB Image

Essentially whenever I hit shift to go into sniper mode and then go out of sniper mode, wherever I was scoped in, upon leaving sniper mode, the reticule stays on the screen in that location. This is the large green scope you see on the left of the above photo. I have no idea how to fix it....

--------------------
Saleh "Must you always compare the Middle East to the Colon? It's another form of Western Cultural..blah blah blah. Women bleed. Not in the Alice Cooper way."
WAU *headshot*
-Shotgun (27/09/10)

GW know what they're doing just like the writers of LOST knew what they were doing.
-chromedog (23/4/12)
+Quote Post
sir-ronsalot
post Feb 16 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(Mortus The Corrupter @ Feb 16 2014, 12:05 PM) *

I am getting a really weird thing happening with my crosshair:

IPB Image
Essentially whenever I hit shift to go into sniper mode and then go out of sniper mode, wherever I was scoped in, upon leaving sniper mode, the reticule stays on the screen in that location. This is the large green scope you see on the left of the above photo. I have no idea how to fix it....

That's one of the mods. I'll have a look and check which one, but if you go back into OMC [there should be a link on your desktop to change the mods] and scroll through you'll see it described as "sniper zoom save" or similar.

Also get the mini map view range mods, REALLY handy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
WMD
post Feb 16 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #40

Not completely Japanese

QUOTE(Mortus The Corrupter @ Feb 16 2014, 01:35 PM) *

I have no idea how to fix it....

Server side recticle isnt working
Either switch on server side recticle in options: And deal with default crosshair instead of the custom crosshair or install a new Zoom mod which dose not include server side recticle

--------------------

+Quote Post

70 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 05:27 AM