Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tom, historical mans
Forik
post Mar 9 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #1

The radnomancer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,537

Thanks for the romans, will put them to use. Just a few quick questions, i think i may have asked them before however.

bases, i remember needing to fit them into a hex, but how many mans should i put on a single base? more for a regiment and less for bowmen/auxila troops. how many mans do you put there?

lastly, although i will not have cavalry for a few weeks would you like another game next club meet? i will probably get cav maybe the week after club.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thabear00
post Mar 10 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,323

Hi Hugh

I have to answer in point form so don't think it condescending of me , too many beers this afternoon is the reason

1. my pleasure they were just sitting here doing nothing anyway , glad you can use them
2. the hexes we use at WSWA are 13cm square , so a base a bit smaller than that is ideal to allow for any trees or whatever terrain in the hex , don't buy MDF bases , go to a hardware store and grab some ( free) laminate samples off the shelf , they are usually MDF about 8cm square pieces , this should do for a unit base
3.its up to you how many you put on the base , so for heavy troops like a unit of 16 legionaries maybe 4 ranks deep 6 wide, make it look like a complete unit , you don't have to worry about leaders and standards , but if you have them stick them in front rank make it look nice , otherwise its not an issue at all think of it like a warhammer regiment of twenty blokes .
For lighter troops liks your Auxilia and light troops put less figures and spread them out a bit to show the nature of their role , skirting about using cover jumping up and down to shoot and throw things , maybe half as many figures
4. I am pretty sure these figures are made by ESSEX and are what is known as Middle Imperial Roman or Dominate Roman , take some of the figures to Eureka to get some cavalry , Nic will know what you can use with them , you could even use Gauls/Celts as the light cavalry , imagine them as mercenaries or something.
And again for the light cavalry spread them out a bit on the bas e, no neat lines , for the more solid cavalry line them up in two neat rows to show their role ,
5. for the commanders pu t them on a round base so they stand out , stick a few chaps on the base to make it look like a vignette
6. yes a game is possible , but I believe there to be a CnC competition going on during the day so I am already booked for three game s already but if I have time I will certainly have a gamer with you , otherwise if you get the army done in time why not jump into the comp , every eon is friendly enough and you did beat me on your first game
PM me if you have any queries and I will try to help you get the army done in time , I think I can email you a Roman list to follow so you know how many of each type to paint up and base

cheers Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 07:33 PM