Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A question about bretonnian virtues, 8th ed errata doesn't mention it...
Ronin
post Apr 17 2019, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,512

Hey all,

So the initial impression I had on virtues and magic items is that they're essentially like chaos gifts that can be taken separately from magic items, but the wording is a bit ambiguous and seem a to hint that you get your virtues from your magic item allowance.

It also doesn't say one virtue per person like I was expecting. It just says they get more expensive the more copies you have.

Does that mean I could just have a character who has his whole magic item allotment filled with just good chi and manners?? Or could I legitimately make a beast with 100 points of magic, and all the good manners and positive thinking on top of that?? Or should I just stick to the sensible 'one virtue per person, on top of magic items'??

Any help from guys that have been around the block with the frenchys would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ronin

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hmjesus
post May 3 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,419

Can't remember about the points total off the top of my head, but in the army book under the character entry it does say: "May choose one Virtue from the Virtues of the Chivalric Knight list and a mix of magic items from the common or Bretonnian magic items list with a maximum total value of 100pts"

So I think they're all from the same pool? It's kind of the big leg up that Chaos had over the Brets powers wise

--------------------
WFB: Bretonnians, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs
WMH: Protectorate of Menoth
T9A: Ogre Khans, Kingdoms of Equitaine, Infernal Dwarfs, Clown Dynasties

Creepiest Army: Undying Clown Dynasties - Cancon2018

Check out my battle reports at Gallantry & Gluttony

Druid 2.0: DND5e Druid Wildshape support app.
+Quote Post
underdog
post May 3 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,377

QUOTE(hmjesus @ May 3 2019, 11:26 AM) *

Can't remember about the points total off the top of my head, but in the army book under the character entry it does say: "May choose one Virtue from the Virtues of the Chivalric Knight list and a mix of magic items from the common or Bretonnian magic items list with a maximum total value of 100pts"

So I think they're all from the same pool? It's kind of the big leg up that Chaos had over the Brets powers wise

yeah treat them the same as magic items you get one

--------------------
join us at the Southern Highlands Wargames Club

Armies
WFB/ AOS, Tomb Kings, Beastmen, High Elves, Chaos warriors, daemons
40k, Adeptus Mechanicus
Bolt Action, Soviets
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 10:41 PM