Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Death guard is the new black?
Morgrim
post Jul 30 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,692

With all the people picking up the box are they going too be far too numerous now. I'm tempted to pick up some but if people get sick of playing against them, it gets boring. So is it the dg or the primaris that are going to be more numerous or both?

--------------------
Cheers

Morgrim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Jul 30 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 446

same same. The starter will flood the market with both.
I thought there might be a glut of Dg cos of slavering hordes of Marine fanboyz, but it looks like the CSM DG closet junkies all came out as well smile.gif
There is a brisk trade for both on most of the forums.

DG will be a solid, forgiving beginner/re-learning 40K army.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Waaagh!!!
post Aug 3 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,748

I've been playing a lot of 8th since it released, and I haven't played against any DG or primaris.

I can see both being great, but generally everyone I play with has been expanding existing armies over collecting new gear. For now at least.
+Quote Post
Big K
post Aug 5 2017, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Royal Pain in the ...

Member No.: 6,368

I'm yet to play against DG or Primaris in it ed. I have two sets of DG from Dark Imp, 2 DG sets from first strike and a 3rd Drone from Dark Imp, but have only just started assembling them, personally having to much fun with my chaos now that I can use Slaanesh Daemons with my Emperors Children. I can see where it could be a problem, but I think everyone's old armies are kinda new again, so it might be a while before you see alot of DG hit the tables. Primaris on the other hand, seeing as they can run with other chapters will be seen alot.

--------------------
Current Armies

40k - Chaos Marines
Warmachine Cygnar
Infinity - Combined
Fantasy 8th ed - Tomb Kings
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Aug 5 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,506

The issue for me with primaris was their manouvrability and their flexibility in loadout. Not too sure on the manouvrability part being improved too much but the load out options have certainly increased.

Part way through painting the dark imperium kit and will probably buy at least one each of the new kit to add to existing armies and maybe a game or two by themselves biggrin.gif

As such I expect them to hit the tables more often as people likewise expand their collection.

--------------------
Quote of wisdom - Semper Fidelis

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
+Quote Post
MBWilliams
post Aug 5 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,290

As nice as the new models are the rules for the actual plague marines are probably worse than they have ever been and this may also be limiting peoples enthusiasm for rushing them to the table.

Martin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 12:28 AM