> This is more bigger and more more awesome, Adeptus Titanicus
Occulto
post Aug 16 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #41

Quelmet Bearer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 58

QUOTE(Mango @ Aug 15 2018, 11:29 PM) *

You are off your rocker if you are comparing the last 12 months of necromunda to the years of 3rd edition codex releases and optional rules (im pretty sure I remember that most stuff inside Codex Approved wasnt tourney accepted but i could be remembering wrong, im sure BHR would remember though).

The majority of Chapter Approved was official rules for use in games. (Interestingly, the Trial Assault Rules weren't official according to GW, but every tournament I went to treated them as such.)

You are comparing buying a shared codex (salamanders) with needing buying an entire game faction (shadespire) just to get some cards? c'mon, lol

We're making progress. So now you're conceding that the rules were behind a paywall, you're just quibbling whether the price is reasonable. If you just want to whine that GW's expensive, then you're not breaking any new ground with that argument.

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Aug 16 2018, 01:52 AM) *

but it was a soft cover short form codex for what $20?

Cards/ dice/ objectives/ are all more than that. and the codex are $70.

I used to collect every codex every edition because it was a small % of my annual income.....

If i buy every codex and every supplement/add on even just for my favourite armies it is definitely a much larger % of my income.

The sums might have changed but the fact you have to pay definitely hasn't.

I stopped buying miniatures/books/templates/dice from GW years ago because I couldn't afford them. I've bought some paints, but only because other companies' versions just don't match the citadel paints to my liking.

But that's a red herring. I haven't argued whether it's more expensive or not, or if the increased price is more justified, just that AFAIK GW have never released a wargame with a standalone rulebook that contains all the rules/stats for the life of the game. There's always been revisions, additions or whatever that people end up needing.

You buy the core game, then prepare your wallet to keep spending cash if you want to keep up to date. Complaining this is a new strategy is forgetting the last 30 years or so of how GW operate.

This post has been edited by Occulto: Aug 16 2018, 10:48 AM

--------------------
I don't want the truth. I want something I can tell Parliament.

Red Baron: 'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.'
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Aug 16 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #42

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Occulto @ Aug 16 2018, 10:34 AM) *

You buy the core game, then prepare your wallet to keep spending cash if you want to keep up to date. Complaining this is a new strategy is forgetting the last 30 years or so of how GW operate.

This is also hardly unique behavior to GW when it comes to minis games.

--------------------
The Hobby Transporter is beginning to ship to backers! Keep an eye out for it going live on the Laser Shark Designs website!

www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Aug 17 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 446

Not complaining.

It has accelerated and been pushed not only to the limit but to actually past the limit in this case. $490 for a box set must be getting close to the elastic snapback.... smile.gif In the 1990's 2000's would the target market have spent 2-3 weeks rent on a board game? (minimum wage > share house/unit)

GW has been pushing prices to see where the maximum is (rules vs price) . The new age of $165-250 miniatures came and went >> Stormsurge/ Greater Daemons/ Punching up Knights from $155>$185 with one more halfsprue/ Baneblades etc

I guess we will see if $490 makes the Americans/British/gemans blink? If it doesn't and prices keep smashing the wallet , i guess backwaters like Australia will just turn to other hobbies.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Aug 17 2018, 11:26 AM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Aug 17 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Aug 17 2018, 11:20 AM) *

I guess we will see if $490 makes the Americans/British/gemans blink? If it doesn't and prices keep smashing the wallet , i guess backwaters like Australia will just turn to other hobbies.

They aren't paying anywhere near $490 though. As usual. But I have seen people complaining about the price, but I don't know if it is any more than the usual levels.

--------------------
The Hobby Transporter is beginning to ship to backers! Keep an eye out for it going live on the Laser Shark Designs website!

www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
+Quote Post
Occulto
post Aug 17 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #45

Quelmet Bearer

Member No.: 58

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Aug 17 2018, 10:50 AM) *

Not complaining.

That was directed at Mango. tongue.gif

It has accelerated and been pushed not only to the limit but to actually past the limit in this case. $490 for a box set must be getting close to the elastic snapback.... smile.gif In the 1990's 2000's would the target market have spent 2-3 weeks rent on a board game? (minimum wage > share house/unit)

GW has been pushing prices to see where the maximum is (rules vs price) . The new age of $165-250 miniatures came and went >> Stormsurge/ Greater Daemons/ Punching up Knights from $155>$185 with one more halfsprue/ Baneblades etc

RE: Target market.

Despite being sold through GW, it's obvious this game is intended for the type of gamer who's already dropped ludicrous amounts of cash on FW stuff and has very, very deep pockets. (Ever worked out how much it costs to do a pure 30K force with nothing but genuine, brand new FW stuff?)

They're going after the kind of gamer who remembered playing the original 30 years ago, has lots of disposable income now the kids have moved out of home and the mortgage is paid off, and doesn't balk at throwing down hundreds (let alone thousands) on warhammers.

As Krefey said, they're not paying $490 - that's just the usual Australia gouging pricing. I think it's 175GBP over there? That's less than one of those Custodes drop ships that FW are selling.

--------------------
I don't want the truth. I want something I can tell Parliament.

Red Baron: 'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.'
+Quote Post
WMD
post Aug 17 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #46

Not completely Japanese

Member No.: 2,959

QUOTE(Occulto @ Aug 17 2018, 12:42 PM) *

They're going after the kind of gamer who remembered playing the original 30 years ago, has lots of disposable income now the kids have moved out of home and the mortgage is paid off, and doesn't balk at throwing down hundreds (let alone thousands) on warhammers. Whales

Not only did they invalidate the old models with new scale changes, pushing out a deluxe version places it out of reach for the average gamer. Perhaps G.W figure they arent going to win back any of the people that left by doing a major reboot and just milk the whales instead.

I had a look at a box opening review, they included extra different shoulder pads and an alternate head but no optional weapons. Its odd they would choose this over including optional weapons instead which would be far more useful.

/shrugs Iam sticking to Lego, anime dolls

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.
Dic_ Morris - Fox News Aug 22nd, 2008

: Some Americans have the memory of a ******* GoldFish :

+Quote Post
zap123
post Aug 17 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,742

RRP of $180 for one titan....that's f'ing ridiculous. Even if it was plated in 24k gold....looks like the only sensible way to play this is with the 6mm originals biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by zap123: Aug 17 2018, 03:55 PM

--------------------
Fire bad, tree pretty - Buffy

Games Workshop, making the easy look impossible since 1975.

2006 Mechwarrior Australian champion.
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Aug 17 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE(zap123 @ Aug 17 2018, 03:55 PM) *

RRP of $180 for one titan....that's f'ing ridiculous. Even if it was plated in 24k gold....looks like the only sensible way to play this is with the 6mm originals biggrin.gif

Or print them from files on thingiverse tongue.gif

--------------------

www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
+Quote Post
WMD
post Aug 17 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #49

Not completely Japanese

Proxy them with Figma kancolle girls !

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.

+Quote Post
Mousemuffins
post Aug 17 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #50

Braaaaaiiinnnnss

Member No.: 2,278

QUOTE(WMD @ Aug 17 2018, 05:43 PM) *

Proxy them with Figma kancolle girls !

...many of which are considerably more expensive and somewhat more odd.
+Quote Post
WMD
post Yesterday, 01:13 PM
Post #51

Not completely Japanese

Limited edition nature means that price doubles immediately if you didnt purchase them during the production run.

Plenty of options to proxy to choose from, I'd imagine that building them from Lego has also become a price viable option now as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Post #52

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,988

This looks like it will be a fantastic game in regards to the atmosphere/theme and also the visual beauty of the miniatures and terrain. I'm prepared to pay more money than I normally would for a game like this when it has plastic miniatures of unequalled quality and detail.

Rules? I hope they are cool and fun to play! I must watch some Youtube gameplay reviews/reports.

I've heard that in the coming months, there will be further plastic kits for Reaver and Warhound Titans, no doubt there will be different Knights as well.

I've also heard that the Warlords have 3 plastic sprues, a Skeleton sprue, an Armour sprue and a Weapon sprue. The Skeleton sprue will always be used, however plastic upgrade kits will provide different Weapon and Armour sprues to make variant Warlord Titans, like the Lucius Pattern for instance.

I hope they do the same for the Reaver and Warhound Titans.

I've also heard that there will be some resin components made available as well...I'm guessing maybe things that are less common or less popular and don't justify a plastic sprue.

I love the modular plastic buildings too!

I wonder if the scale of these new models are more "in-scale" with the Epic: Armageddon vehicles/troops/aircraft etc, than the previous official models were???

Will we eventually see this game stretch out to include a full range of new Epic miniatures in plastic and thus evolve into a new Epic style/type of game!

Monkey Nuts hopes so smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monkey Nuts: Yesterday, 09:05 PM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 04:30 PM