32 Pages V « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Sep 8 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #621

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 352 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs High Reclaimer1 (FM)
Standoff

Alas, some of the WTC list tech has immediately appeared locally as High Reclaimer runs the double Signs and Portented Judicator of Doom. Few rules have ever felt as pointless as Inaccurate on the rocket.

Dropping the Rask all the Bone Swarms list (well, 5 iterations of anyway), as he's my more likely Menoth drop while Harby continues to stalk my waking nightmares (The sleeping ones are to messed up to post anyhere, even this quiet dusty tumbleweed plagued corner of the inertwebz).

Aside from the Judy the Menites have double Idrians, double the whatsit cannons, double Mounter Wall dudes and....sigh.....double kicky monks.

Far and away the most important terrain piece is a lvoely big central forest.
I win the die roll and pick first, I end with a fog in the left zone, a trench in my rectangle and a wall in the right zone.
Menites have a not super relevant water/forest deal on their flanks, they have a wall that crosses the border of the left/rectangle zone and plonk down an equivalent wall from the theme force on the opposite side. Whatever, just look at the damn picks and it'll make sense.

Beyond moving up and feating, not sure how this will go. Long term game plan is to get Brine into the Judicator. Said big Pig sadly looks delicous to the native tribes the Menites have forcibly inducted into their cult, so they both Prey him. Totem Hunter preys the left unit of Idrians, though it doesn't feel like a great choice.

IPB Image
Round 1: Dahlia is chilling out on the left, quite concerned about the possibility of her being Ashes to Ashes to dead, so anticipating her staying up back in super brave mode.
She walks up a way, puts haunting Melody up and mist Walker on la Snek, who Riles and runs up into the cloud.

Bone Swarms move up the centre, Rask puts Admonition on the front one, uses Veil of Mists to extend the centre forest and Furies up Brine.
Ninja Pig moves up shy of Idrian pew pew range, all the support staff chill out back.

The Pots shuffle up on either flank, one Bone Swarm goes up to the wall on the right zone.

Menites run the centre Idrians up, sending a couple to jam. Admonition triggers to move a Bone Swarm up. Right unit moves up and does some CRA's on the Bone Swarm behind the wall, maul it pretty good.
One of the Sunburst pew pew guns (Both of which are on the left) manages to clip the Totem Hunter with an AoE and set him alight, so that wasn't cool. Nice guys don't set FA1's that used to be a character aflame like that.

In a shocking wtist of events, the Judicator got Hand of Fate. It runs up the centre leaning toward the right side.

IPB Image
Rask 2: Standard top of 2 for Raskalosk, feat and set up positioning. Send something in as a missile.

Rask moves up, kills an Idrian, feats, throws down spells including a Veil of Mists in the left zone. Wrastler moves in front of him and Animi's.
Centre two Bone Swarms kill some Idrians to feed the left Pot. Totem Hunter kills another pair and Sprints to my objective.

Alten Ashley got magic weapons off the objective, moves up and kills the Wrack. Its explosion pops a pair of Sunburster crews, so some things are working out.

In this instance the missile it's the left most Boneswarm, who gets Boundless Charged, Fury and Rage. He goes into the left side Champion of the Wall. Alas I completely forgot to add the Puppet Strings and corpses of the left pot, so it misses its charge attack. Does dismount the the dude, only to then lose its mind to a return attack that it didn't have the corpse token to heal. Lot of wasted resources for just a dismount.

Skarath gets to move up, sprays down the Idrian Officer and toughs out a kicky monk. Come on Corrosion, you can do it!

Other solos just run around, Ninja Pig stays back, right Boneswarm forgets to activate.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: The Judicator discovers it is in a positioning nightmare, as it can't get over the objective and the theme wall.

Why yes, your honour, my reminder notice that I hadn't finished this one had in fact gone into the pitiless void that is the...I dunno, feeding ground of Weeboos who are wrong about the best Full Metal Alchemist character or something.

The various solos sod up killing the left Bone swarm, so High Reclaimer feats back the Idrians that didn't get RFP'ed and gets the job done.

Idrians swarm up on the right, they CRA down the Boneswarm that was behind the wall, repo to positions of annoyance.

Judicator ends up fanging to the left in the Menoth Rectangle, targets an Idrian to spray the two central Bone Swarms in the forest. Messes them both up super hard. Thankfully there weren't targets after that so they hand on with a couple boxes while being on fire.

Menites score their rectangle and the right zone, 0-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Snek passes its Frenzy check and only one of the central bone swarms dies to fire, so it's trivial for the Swarm to kill the solo blocking Skarath. Skarath then gets every buff under the sun, charges Reclaimer and dirts him with ease.

Hard opening game for the Menoth list, positioning not sussed out yet and the central forest is pretty helpful to me. About to swappsies my Menoth Mystery box, so expecting the future sadness that is double Judy builds soon.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 10 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #622

Game 353/4 - Cyphon1 (OT) vs Locke1 (DI) plus Footnote
Mirage

Ye old weekend pickup Gamerooos!
Drought has actually caused a marked increase in giant jumping rats pondering onto roads hereabouts, the corpses are becoming more frequent than normal.

Took a few different lists along to mix it up for opponents. It's Locke in CoC, the best of form of the mechanical fastening person. Now mixing it up by dropping out the Axiom, not sure that's a decision I agree with, though I seem pretty bad at accurately measuring how much output it'll give out.

Rocking some Cyphonage, having dropped all the funky stuff to end up with double eliminators, min Drudge Bender unit, Machine Wraith, max Agitators. Numerous desperate attempts to get a 7th Monstrosity in just didn't work without losing to much other stuff.

Locke has a bunch of Vectors with questionable names that do stuff.

Mirage. Awkward for the Agitators, they don't really want to get up and score that much.
Central small forest, fog on the right, flanking trenches. I win the roll for first, giving Coc a wall near the left most flag. There's other terrain, it doesn't have an enormous effect.

The Reflex Servitors are proxies for Elimination ones.

IPB Image
Round 1: Everything moves up, it's a front line of Monstrosities. Onslaught goes up in case the CoC Cipher lands some annoying rough terrain.
With Kayazy stabs a few focus ends up sitting on the right flank Heavies.
The Machine Wraith runs off to the right, feeling somewhat starved at the complete lack of cortexes (Basically a Vector for it is an empty pizza box to a hungover youth).
The horde of support/secondary models buzz around in my backfield.

Convergence run up, the two Conservators go up behind the central forest, awaiting being super mean with Road to War.
Assimilator and Donginator go out on the left, light vectors in the back centre and the Cipher/2d Donginator on the right. Servitors throughout.

IPB Image
Ceph 2: The real issue with playing the Rask list at the moment is it has a load of Puppet Strong effects, creating an expectation that any roll of middling importance with have a mulligan.
In any event, the Corrolary has a clear drag line, so Cyphon shuffles around, pops a Drudge and...fails to land the 6 to hit. Oh well, Gallows is the height of hoping for perfectly average dice, so a fools errand.

The Monstrosities bundle up in front of Cyphon, CoC having done a good job of policing the threat ranges. Eliminators run around, one goes at the top of my zone as a blocker, other unit goes around the right flag.

IPB Image
CoC 2: Assimilator Grounder Pounders away an Overlord to move forward a Conservator. Said Vector moves in, kills a Kayazy to move his bro in. Both Shield Guard Floaty Bots end up in my zone where they murder an innocent Subduer (Truth. Monstrosities are basically kidnapped dudes stuffed with more flesh and steroids than an 80's Wrestler. Another bizarro conversion idea I'm to lazy for, alas the team of Immortal Warrior, Rick Rude, Brutus Beefcake, British Bulldogs and the pre-governator/predator Jesse Ventura).

Locke feats defensively, chills up back with stuff in the way. Primary concern being that going for the Conservators will generate the Catalytic tokens.

CoC score the left and centre flags plus their own zone, so 0-3.

IPB Image
Ceph 3: In which hitting things is difficult and Monstrosities have to become Proxy bases.

Plan is to remove four opposing heavies, which should set me up pretty well for the attrition win.
Cyphon is outside of Locke's control area, so gets to upkeep onslaught, allocate all his focus and back up while feating.

Left most Agitator shuffles a bit and Instigates. Right most fella moves up to the flag on that flank and does likewise.
The back Wrecker gets stabbed by different Cephalyx models to get fuelled up, charges the Assimilator on the left and kills it with its initials.
So far it's looking pretty good.

Central Wrecker can't get out of Locke's control, so has to give away toeksn as it bashes on the Conservators. It misses most of its attacks, handing out tokens and causing the turn from a pleasant muave to a horrible sticky Hexxus.

The Subduer charges the right Conservator in the back, misses his charges and does very little.Mmmm.

A Kayazy brutally murders an overlord to let the right Wrecker charge in, he at last manages to kill one Conservator and leave the other with just Movement left.

Only Monstrosity I've got left is the Warden, he charges the Cipher to toe the CoC zone. Only had one focus, so it's down to initials. Puts an alright whack of damage down, hindered somewhat by being unable to be in an Instigator aura.

Kayazy Eliminator on the left contests the left flag and kills a Servitor.
Machine Wraith runs to contest the CoC zone, sits on the hill.

I score just the right flag, 1-3. Pretty sure at this point it's curtain. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

IPB Image
CoC 3: The right Inverter has Redline, if the Warden is killed to allow a spot for the arcnode dude to run to then no camp Cyphon easily dies to a couple Jackhammers.

Fortunately the Warden is reasonably tough and the Cipher fails dismally to kill it. The right Inverter then comes in and gets the job done, however it means I am safe from the assassination run.
Locke casts Bombshell at the Machine Wraith. In a better world he misses and the innocent undead creep gets to chill out and contest, alas instead the ghosty fella explodes.

The Heavies on the left aren't able to get in on an induction chain, so the Conservator swings impotently and the left Inverter spends its time trying and failing to kill the contesting Kayazy.

At this point I've survived to get another turn as all flags are unexpectedly contested.
Convergence still get their zone, 1-4.

IPB Image
Ceph 4: The feats are expended, I've got four Monstrosities still ticking albeit the healthiest is on about 2/3rds health. I drop Onslaught as it won't be needed for the forseeable future, I fuel up Monstrosities.

Unfortunately the left Agitator isn't in run range of the left flag, so I won't be scoring it. Instead he shuffles to do the run next turn, casts Instigate.
One Wrecker shuffles and Threshers, plus a couple bought attacks lets it kill a Servitor, the Conservator and the left Inverter. Other Wrecker in this vicinity can't really do much so just shuffles up to ensure the left flag is contested.
Eliminator in this vicinity kills a pair of Servitors, the Dominator runs up to be next to the wall.

Centrally the Agitator shuffles up and Instigates. I try to work out how the Wrecker and Subduer are going to kill the remaining Cipher/Donginator. I completely space on shield guards and waste the Subduer activation to drag a Servitor one inch. Strong stuff.
The Wrecker then easily kills the Cipher, the right side green Eliminators charge the Donginator to be in the way. They spike hard on their combo strikes and do a good chunk of damage.

Their Dominator just had one job, clear out the contesting Servitor for the right flag. Misses the back strike, after a short head scratch I find my only remaining option that doesn't involve potentially killing the Agitator with an Overlrod Spray. Cyphon shuffles across behind the wall and uses his spray, leaving the far left Monstrosities out of control. It is Cephalyx, can always hurt ma doodz to make them concentrate.

I score my zone and the right flag, 3-4.

IPB Image
CoC 4: Inverter tramples over the Kayazy after bit attacks fail to remove them. With jackhammer manages to pop the central Subduer and Wrecker. Diffuser tries to pop the Eliminator on the left, lets the team down. Servitors run around to contest and score.

CoC score the central flag, 3-5.

IPB Image
Ceph 5: Just have to pop the Inverter and we're good. Also ahead on clock, so things are sitting alright provided we don't slip up and lose on scenario/assassination.

Eliminators and Drudges charge the Inverter and manage to pop it.
Cyphon hovers across, sprays down the floaty orb on teh centre flag and rewards a Drudge by making him tough out.

One Wrecker shuffles across in my zone, pops the contesting Servitor.
Other Wrecker moves up and kills the Diffuser.
Agitators run to every flag.

I score the flags and my zone, 7-5.

IPB Image
CoC 5: Locke does a couple bombshells and runs stuff around, ultimately nothing can really stop me winning out on scenario in my next turn.

Well, that was a thing. Better Cyphon list for sure. Locke still seems solidly overrated to me.

Had another game after this, using Rask into Locke Crucible Guard. Not much to write up, Vulcan came to far forward and died top of two to Brine while two jacks were left out of control, so not much to say on that one.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 22 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #623

Game 355 - Cyphon1 (OT) vs Krueger2 (BoO)
Spread the Net

What? You hunger for lackluster reporting?! Allow me fine peeps!

Also I got annoyed at Facebook posts and have made a thing.
Probably unwisely so.

Through numerous real life bumbles, have lacked sufficient sweet game-age of late. Do a bit of travel over the next month to get some tourney games in elsewhere.

I also totally sideswiped myself here, knew the opposing caster ahead of time and somehow thought it was Kromac2 and the list I wanted to try out of range 12 attacks would be completely hosed. Really should have got some Winion practice in.

Anyway, ignoring those points of the multiverse where the screw ups didn't happen, down goes the little brother of the Cephalyx into my Mark2 horror match. Mini report, to be honest one side was learning and my mistakes were glaringly obvious, so lack the motivation to spew forth a load of details.

Circle get first turn, I take the side where I can get out my deployment zone better.
They Run. I Run. I didn't calculate for Kruegers feat, so my stuff gets pushed back enough that my plan to feat aggressively on scenario bottom of 2 isn't doable. Instead, Krueger is out in the open on one camp, if I gallows him 2 inches he easily dies to a pair of Monstrosities.

IPB Image

I land the Breathstealer, land the Gallows, drag him 1 inch. Sigh. Really wished they'd change that to D3 + 2 or something. Cyphon and an Overlord unit all Spray him, Cyphon sadly missing the anti-spell casting spray which at least would have been interesting. Krueger ends up on one box with no transfers, I desperately scrabble for any other attacks at all and come up short (Range 1 Subduer guns are pretty damned sad).

Monstrosities swarm around Cyphon to at least make him hard to shoot down even with TK's. I also balls up on the right flank and use a Subduer to bring a Wold pew-pewer into my rectangle to contest for Circle. Eugh.
Bottom of 2 we both score a point.

Circle then spend to long trying to manufacture scoring on all the scenario elements to get up 6-1 and I win on clock. If I have another turn Krueger dies anyway as he didn't run away to be behind the building. Looking at it in glorious hindsight, Krueger could have used the Wold Warden animus to stop the Gallows, Wind range penalty spell thingy wasn't worth it against this list. Even with the Breathstealer speed penalty he could probably also use Warden TK's to get up, charge Cyphon after TK'ing a Monstrosity and just stab him to death. Maybe.

Real problem with my current Merc ideas, being built to answer the big dogs doesn't mean you can answer random other drops.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 24 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #624

Game 356 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Gunnbjorn1 (KC) - Sydney SR Rnd1
Invasion

Travelled up to the wild north for a 3 rounder, slothful contentment outwieghed exuberant experimentation and Winions it was. Still Rask and Arkadius, though I'd changed the Arkadius list a little for the first time in yonks, dropping the third pair of Razor Boars for a Gorax and a Road Hog out for another War hog.

Those changes didn't matter that much in the opening round, as it was Trolls. I don't really get Trolls at the moment, the lists being Gunnbjorn and Madrak2. I opted for Rask, there'll be some form of game there. Realistically Arkadius might have been fine, except this is one of those lists I would have preffered to have a pair of Road Hogs instead of one.

I lose the roll, get given first. Sold! Table has a central forest, I get a trench, there's rubble to the right and some other bits that don't have any effect. The opposing list has double War Wagon, no stone, bunch of shooting units, Dozer/Smigg and an Impaler.

IPB Image
Round 1: I forget to nominate a Prey with Totem Hunter, I'm just that good.
Stuff runs up, the Trolls do have an ambush unit, so Dahlia goes on the left to neutralise them, if they pop up on the right then that's a problem to be solved in later rounds.

Ninja Pigs go up on the right, across from the War Wagons.My other stuff is mostly central, Totem Hunter goes up behind the forest with Fury on him. Pots throw out Corpses.

Trolls move up, their's an advance deployed unit of small mini-Troll whatsits who get Snipe, then CRA a Bone Swarm for a whack of damage taking out his body.
The War Wagons runs super far forward, which seems unadvisable.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Well, they're right there. Kill some Wagons time.
Rask pops feat, Brine and one Bone Swarm get Boundless Charge, Fury (One cast by the Wrastler) and Puppet Strings (One Eilish, one Pot).

Brine goes in, easily kills the right one. Rorsh drops his Fury, Souie's him back and has a Bone Swarm run to mini-Pigs side to body block the Ambushers trying to come in, walk up and pop him.
Good start. Living the dream. Lack of a Stone made that a lot easier than my brain calculated for.

Other Wagon gets charged by the suped up Boneswam (My mental picture here is a Bone Swarm forcibly melded with a Hot Rod). It isn't a Ninja Pig obviously, puts the other Wagon on 15 boxes.
I do some serious umming and arring here, Totem Hunter could try to pop it then Sprint back, the math is against it though. WOULD'VE BEEN A LOT BETTER WITH PREY FUTURE ME IF YOU EVER READ THIS AGAIN.
I put Puppet Strings on Totem Boi, he goes in. Alas it left on one box, so into the wastebin he goes.
This is considerably salved by Alten Ashley popping a shot and doing the last damage point exactly.

Other stuff runs around, Snek puts up Counter Charge while Dahlia hide in the trench.

IPB Image
Troll 2: The ambushers pop in from the left, a few get in rane of Alten and try to pop him without success.
Gunnbjorn throws out a wall, various CRA's pop the forward Bone Swarm and (sob) the Totem Hunter. It was for the great non-Battle Engine good is the lie I tell myself as his life partner stares at me from the models shelf.

Tinker runs to contest the right zone.

Gunnbjorn also pops his feat, no one scores.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Time to get some points on the board and wait out the scenario grind.

Left wise, the ambushers are well out of Gunny's feat range so they are vulnerable to ranged attacks.
Alten and Skarath kill all bar one, who toughs out and is corroded. Snek also puts up Counterblast, though isn't ideally placed to cause issues for contestors coming in. Oh well.
Dahlia goes up to hide behind the forest and be super painful to deal with.

One Boneswarm goes into the Troll Highwaymans, 7's to hit and no knock down tough is super awkward so I end up giving up after a couple attacks and casting Swarm. When in doubt, throw up and Animus and see what happens.

IPB Image

Another Bone Swarm charges in and pops the Troll objetive. I gave it Fury to do so, which is madness when it's disposable and not stacking with Rage. Just objectively the wrong choice.

On the right I'm unable to kill the Tinker as a resultof mispositioning previously, should have had Rorsh further in to be safe from ambushers and had the other Bone Swarm in range of arcing from the Bone Shrine to charge up. Oh well.

Swamp Gobber and a Veil of Mists extends the forest down the centre of the board, invested in ensuring that nothing gets up my objective.

I score the left and objective kill, 2-0.

IPB Image
Troll 3: The forward two Bone Swarms prove surprisingly resistant to the Trolls, one of them needing to be punched down by Dozer while the other Swarmed up fella lives on.

Minja Pigs and right Boneswarm get shot by Rockets, Gunny himself with a crit Devestate and the titchy troll pew pew unit, turns out to be pretty tough Bacon though and it lives on.

IPB Image
Round 4 + Minion 5: Still playing on the slow end, so the photos stop.

I clear out the left zone, using a Skarath spray to pop the Highway person solo that gives the annoying Opportunistic thing. He also positions with a Counterblast to stop contesting models.
Bone Swarms manage to kill most of the Highway trolls at this point.

Acceding to clock pressure I just contest the centre and right zones, get up 3-0.

I get a point, then the Trolls kill a couple models but are unable to move everything in time, flipping the clock with 26 seconds to go, so I score the left zone in both turns and win.

Hmmm. That was much more of a slow whittle out than it should have been after that alpha on my feat turn. Just lacked an easy means of popping the Tinker.

Anyway, up we go, it's a small tourney so literally anyone else in the room is a potential heabutt partner (Come on pair down! We can do it! We can coast!).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 25 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #625

Game 357 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Sorscha3(AC) - Sydney SR Rnd2
Epic Pit

Alright, pair down for round 2!

...into a member of the team that won the WTC a week and half prior, who gloriously let himself get Judicator sprayed as they don't care about Sorscha3 popping out clouds.

Oh well, it's Sorscha3 at the very least, she didn't look that impressive but there's clearly something there. Just not powerful spray defence.

It's a Man of War pile of nonsense, part of the reasoning for dropping the second Road Hog so at least that's worked out. Feels weird to finally break through the self imposed barrier of not changing established lists.

Epic Pit, so the scenario is solely along the middle of the board. I win the roll and take first, terrain gives me a forest that could be a hiding spot for things however doesn't extrude into any zone, whereas Khador get a forest that is defensively inclined for the centre circle.
There is a wall toward my side in the centre zone, given my limited pathfinder (One Ghostly from teh Croc Doc) that could be a serious issue, the opposing list also being limited in it's amount of guns so its defensiveness is mroe limited than would be the norm.
Left rectangle has a blob of water in it, right one has a pair of clouds. There's more water on the table as well, though those other bits don't come up.

I took the repair objective, though realistically pathfinder for those forests would have been a better choice.

IPB Image
The fearsome hand of Khador.
Round 1: I run stuff up, pair of Razor Boars and a Chef going up the left.
Key decision point was what to do about the rightmost War hog and whether he went to the left or right of the forest on my side of the board. I opted for left, as that looked to be where most of Khador was headed based off the deploy, leaving the Gorax and a RaBo to kill the MoW Tanker that was lined up to fight over the right zone.
Guardian Beast went up as the War-O-Mans didn't appear to have a massive amount of shooting.

Khador, sure enough, moves up heavily favouring the left, with Demo Corp covering that flank, Iron Fleshed Shocktroopers central and the lone tanker out on the right.
The non-spray Tanker, whatever it's called, pops a shot into a War Hog for some damage. Grievous wounds you say? That's just not politics. That joke used to be about something being to unethical, think it now works in reverse. As in Grievous Wounds is fine as it's not super ubiqitous.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Khador aren't threatening my objective at all, so I'm just going to shuffle and wait it out. I'll take a couple pot shots, but certainly insufficient to entice me into going full pig in when I can do so next turn and score as well.
Or so the theory goes anyway.

The early critical activation is Arkadius moving up with Puppet Strings to land Crippling Grasp on the Shock Troopers. This throttles them down to threating nine inches, so I'm able to position beasts in the zone with minimal concern.

Most things line up on the bottom of the left and centre zone. One War Hog turns into a green proxy base so that it can hang next to the wall (Curse you overlapping arm! What Skorne nonsense this is!).

One Rabo and the Gobber Chef go out left. They could die to Demo Corp, the not super fast infantry doing that works for me.

Rightwise I run over another Razor Boar, being optimistic that maybe a pair of them on a feat turn will kill the nearby Oppresion Tanker.

IPB Image
Khador 2: The super Cage game continues. The Shock Troopers eek back a little bit to be out of Eilish advance and dispel range, Sorscha then feats and pops out a big row of clouds out front. She ends up at the back right of that centre blob trying to stay out of Arkadius Moider range.

Leftwise the Demo Corp keep the company of the Strike/Suppression Tanker, pop their mini feat for Sanguine Bond, one goes over and kills the Razor Boar/Gobber Chef, a triangle with Drago is behind another two of the unit that toe the left rectangle.
The Strike tanker shoots the same War Hog, manages to roll column 5 again to grievously wound out his Spirit. That was not part of my plan.

Rightwise, sure enough the Suppression Tanker runs up to just touch the corner of the right rectangle.

IPB Image
Minion 3: The feat assassination threat is still causing Sorscha positioning headaches and I'm happy to grind it up, so plan is to start the trading by wiping the Demo Corp.
I would have been far more inclined to think about feating if the left War Hog had his spirit and the central jacks/Drakhun weren't all ready with Coutnercharge. Just screamed "not worth it".

Crippling Grasp sticks around, that's going to be a feature for some time.
Leftwise is where the action happens. Targ moves up to get the herding aura up their, Sanguine Bond means that the Demo Corp have to be chipped at before a War Hog goes in to deal with the Tankers.
The flankmost Razor Boar charges the fella that was out on his own in the back, spikes so hard on the damage die that he actually kills him. Damn Glorious.

Road Hog has to Pain Dial for speed, walks over to spray the Demo mans in ma zone, gets some decent damage on the unit.

Battle Boar moves over from the centre to Primal the left most Gorax, who also gets Ghostly from the Witch Doc. Said Gorax that charges through the water into the contesting Demo Corp, gets a few smacks back that fail to break any aspects and he manages to pop one Demo Corp and get some more damage spread through the unit.

Arkadius throws Primal on the Forced Evo'd War Hog then shuffles across into the forest on my side, this means the Razor Boar/Gorax that activated are now out of control. Not a huge issue, they did their part and the Gorax isPrimalled anyway. There's so few guns on the Khador side that he drops all of his fury as I'll have to many I need to grab anyway. He throws a Primal Shock out somewhere that does nothing, madness as I used a Gorax to primal the War Hog which, had I just cast with Arkadius, means I don't leave Fury on any beasts that might have mattered. Oh well.
The Swamp Gobbers shuffle in front of him and pop down a cloud just in case Sorscha has some weird naf windrush magic nuke trick to pull.

Buffed up War Hog Dials for strength, charges up on the left to kill the pair of Tankers, objective and last contesting Demo Corp members via Overtake. he then turns to stare down the Khador blob of death.

Two Demo man's and Drag are alive in the back corner, Drago on 6 and both troop fellas on one.
It is Orin's time to shine. He moves up, lands the lighting, boosts damaged on all of them. Fails to hurt Drago and only pops one of the grunts, so that was a shame.

Rightwise the Gorax primals a Rabo, he charges the contesting Suppression tanker and does two damage. Ah well, it is only a mini-pig.

The other heavies just drop back a bit, awaiting Arkadius to hit the sodding go button already. Eilish wiggles to threaten the full centre zone with his advance and Upkeep remove pop deal.

I score the obejctive and left zone, 2-0.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Time for the return smackdown.
Iron Flesh gets dropped as it's jsut going to be dispelled anyway.

Drago, the last Demo Corp bro and one Kodiak easily kill the Gorax and War hog in the left zone. The Kodiak actually managed it with its initials and a throw, using said throw to kill Orin. Damnable Chain Attacks.

The Shocktroopers commit to the centre zone, the Drakhun and one Kodiak witht eh coutner charge spell up behind them.

Last Kodiak runs to toe the right zone.

Khador score the left zone, now 2-1.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Due to Fury mismanagement the Battle Boar frenzies for a scratch into the Road Hog. Not hugely onerous, given this is not a matchup that plays into Berserk with such a relative low P+S.
Left most Razor Boar frenzies as well, lacks a target in its Line of Sight to go into.

Right most Razor Boar runs to right board edge.

The Swamp Gobbers run to points to be frenzy targets. Primals get thrown on War Hogs and the right Gorax.

Arkadius puts Primal and Forced Evo on the rightmost Gorax, then moves across to heal the Spiritless War Hog. After the feat moves he repos as far back as he can.

On the right the Razor Boar that moved before gets a charge into teh Suppression Tankers back and kills him to the box. Savage.
The Gorax in that zone frenzies into a Swamp Gobber and kills him, giving him positioning to walk to the contesting Kodiak.

Centrally the helthy War Hog frenzies and kills the other Swamp Gobber to get into walk range of the Shock Troopers.
Road Hog frenzies into the Kodiak for a scratch, I think the Drakhun counter charges him for a whack of damage and thankfully fails to either crit knockdown or take out an aspect.
Left most War Hog, who has Ghostly from the Witch Doc, goes into the Demo Corp grunt and brutally murders him.
The other Gorax' and Battle Boar clear Fury and frenzy to not super relevant positions.

Normal activation wise, the damaged War hog is a dilemma as should he go in first and trigger a counter charge he has very good odds of losing his Spirit, which would be pretty bad. Ergo the healthy War hog goes in first, chains through a couple Shocktroopers and gets away from the Kodiak before it has a good line. They tough a couple times, so he ends up giving up on that and killing the Drakhun. Concerned at this point, didn't feel like a strong activation for a Primalled Heavy.

Damaged War Hog walks around, kills Drago and the Kodiak.
The Road Hog walks in, kills two Shocktroopers, dials for speed and Sprints back as I need *something* for the late game.

Rightwise, the Gorax goes into the Kodiak. He could have slammed for the score, however I then have little recourse to ever clear that zone in future turns, so the Gorax gets Puppet Strongs and punches it up. Takes out the left arm and 2/3rds of it's boxes, not as good as hoped.

Cleared out the left, so 3-1.

IPB Image
Khador 4-Minion 7: under the clock pump now, so photos stop and memories blur.

Khador counter punches pretty well, one Kodiak easily crunches a War hog and the other gets put down by the remaining infantry. Right side Kodiak easily kills the contesting Gorax.

Round 5/6 are a blur, I make some suboptimal decisions for the sake of not clocking. Road Hog commits and fails to one round a Kodiak, so can't sprint away and dies to Sorscha. Khador get whittled away by lights and I score up the left zone consistently. Khador does manage to clear the centre zone, so on the bottom of 6 'm ahead by 5-2.

I have a Razor Boar out left, and another in the right zone where it frenzied on the my objective in round 6. Eilish was hiding out in my forest. Witch Doctor had moved up to cotnest the centre zone. The Kodiak had gotten jammed up on the other Razor Boar previously, it had gone in and left my objective on two boxes (Was out of control so got no focus).
Khador had that damaged Kodiak, Sorscha toeing the left and centre zone and one Crippling Grasped Shocktrooper on one box in the Khador forest.

Eilish goes in, Mental Forces a Bleed and kills the shocktrooper. Razor Boar moves into the left zone, Arkadius goes into the centre to win on scenario 7-2. If I didn't win that run I straight up die to Sorscha. Had 13 seconds on the clock.

Best game I've had in a while. Still slow.
Should have selected pathfinder obejctive and kept the right War Hog around my forest so it could go in and clear the right zone, this whole wining off one zone in games is way to slow.
I also easily could have contested to stop Khador scoring the left zone in turn 3, just had to toe in with Targ or the Road Hog.

Eilish was fairly critical to how he affected positioning in the matchup, and the third War Hog was a necessity so happy with those changes.

Forgot to deploy a Gobber Chef as well, so played a 74 point list. True Heresy down here.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 25 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #626

Member No.: 4,171

And to think we didn't even need to send you over to Poland to claim *our* Trophy.

When will the Americans and Europeans learn that Warmachine is our game now?

[Laughs in Straya'n]

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 25 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #627

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 25 2018, 01:29 PM) *

And to think we didn't even need to send you over to Poland to claim *our* Trophy.

When will the Americans and Europeans learn that Warmachine is our game now?

[Laughs in Straya'n]

Well....more Sydney than the rest of us tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 27 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #628

Game 358 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs High Reclaimer (EI) - Sydney SR Rnd3
Spread the Net

Final round, it's Ding-a-Ling!

One list is High Reclaimer single Judicator. The other Kreoss1 double Judicator. No Harby? Huge bases? Surely that means Arkadius is a super safe drop right?

More on that thought later. That terrible, terrible thought.

Sure enough Reclaimer drops, a variety of Exemplay units and ye old Judy. Sevvy0 is around managing a Dervish.

I lose the roll like Solo at the box office. Table side wise, my choice is predicated on the pair of brown forests on the table, which would both be annoying for to access zones otherwise.
In one of those weird you-played-yourself psychology moments I struggled to remember they were forests in the actual game as the trees didn't start on them, think I need the irritated tut from across the board followed by tree removal for it to sink in.

IPB Image
Round 1: Menoth stuff runs up, Vengers to the left, small bases central, Judicator and Bastions on the right.

My stuff runs up, Razor Boars go left to try to do Snacking on the Vengers. To many terrible memories of those things being feated back and charging in.
Arkadius in the guts for dat sweet control area being spread around.
Pair of War Hogs, Gorax', Eilish and Witch Doc move up on the left. One War Hog hides behind the forest, the other is within advance and shoot range of the Judy. Theory being that if the Judy moves up the other will need Ghostly and Puppet Strings to ensure it gets up their and kills it, then happy non-colossal days.

IPB Image
Menoth 2:Half the Vengers come up on the left, they kill a Razor Boar.
Knights Exemplar charge the forward War hog ont eh right, leave it on a handful of boxes.
Everything shuffles around.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alright, it's feat and get rid of the Judicator.
Gorax' and Battle Boar clear off the blocking Knights Exemplars, War Hog gets Ghostly to ignore free strikes. Said 'hog only has four boxes left after healing, so free strikes are a no no as is Bastion near the Judicator, a single defensive strike would be disastrous.

I'd wanted to use Ghostly on the right most War Hog to go through the forest and clear the zone, alas twas not to be.

Sure enough the damaged War Hog with his dial, Forced Evo and Primal kills the Judicator, maxing out Fury to do so.

Out left Razor Boars kill a pair of Vengers and RFP them, so that was nice.

At this point I release I've left Arkadius super exposed in the middle of my board space, so Orin stealths nearby to Vortex, gobbers cloud and beasts runs around to protect.
Eilish Puppet Strings the War Hog for the Guardian beast attack.

Road Hog flames down some Exemplars for something to do.

I basically completely blip that I went second and don't maanage to score any points. Strong plays.

IPB Image
Menoth 3: Non-RFP'ed destroyed Menoth models equate to exactly 8, so they all get feated back. Doh.

Vengers kill another RaBo on the left. Knights charge the stuff in front of Arkadius, UA dies to Guardian Beast. They kill the Road Hog.

Right wise the forward War Hog is easily killed, my rectangle gets flooded and the Gorax' inside get beaten up a bit.

Menites score their flag, 0-1

IPB Image
Minion 3: I don't have stuff enarly up far enough on the board.

Left wise, one Swamp Chef goes to my flag to score it, the other shuffles to continue contesting the Menoth rectangle.

Centrally the Gorax kills some Knights Exemplars after Orin funbles a lightning, the War Hog goes over and easily kills the Dervish.

Right side the Warhog kills a Bastion, Gorax' chip at the Knights.

I didn't get anything up near the Menoth flag, so we both score that element, 1-2.

IPB Image
Rounds 4/Menoth 5: Not to concerned with covering the end stages, the Menites have better board position and I can't really deal with the Vengers, so my stuff gets imploded. Arkadius dies at the end, though its simultaneous with a scenario loss. Eeep.

Hmmm. Mistakes were made.

1 - Wrong list drop. Cap' Train Bandit had no issue losing the Judy as the remaining elements had enough hitting power to kill Pig beasts anyway, can't argue that one given the end result. Rask is meant to be the Menoth drop anyway and has considerably better RFP, do need to practice that list taking out Judy's though.

2 - Road Hog misdeployed. Didn't appreciate how unfriendly the Defensive strike Bastions were, needed the spray attacks in their vicinity to get damage on and leverage fire to reduce the desire to Sanguine Bond

3 - Completely failed to pick out what I needed from feat. Killing Judy has to happen, however considerably more work has to be done, at a minimum wiping out one of the two small based units. Sevvy0 was also never really threatened.

4 - Didn't have a scenario scoring plan at all. Of late it's just been reliant on reflex play, akin to the accidental win versus Menoth at Wintercon. This wasn't so bad on this scenario when Hutchuck was in it, need to re-approach it now. Razor Boars also used to be good for contesting flags, that leaning on them for RFP on Vengers stripped that option. Speaking of which....

5 - Razor Boars were luckier than they should have been killing two Vengers. Should have Crippling Grasped the unit early on to make it happen.

Pondering if I need Orin. The lightning has been useful, ostensibly though his main point is stopping Arkadius dying to magic nuke assassination runs.

Anyway, this was a thrashing. Standard Dingaling.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 29 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #629

Game 359 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Harbinger1 (EI)
Mirage

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-dollies. In that radio hype voice, rather than the unintended stutter thing. John Scatman had a stutter. Real shame what happened to his last name, alas poor Jazz.

Ye 'olde....young.....whatever the correct nomenclature for tweens, Harby is here. Sigh. Grumble about the Command 12 buff, did not want. No clocks on this one, which is a good thing as my cards have gone bloody walk about and I'm inept/slow at Warroom.

Exemplar Interdiction build, so thankfully no kicky monks. Lot more wounds and stuff though. Standard Harby play, begin by working out your assassination run,then start killin stuff. If Martydoms trigger enough times, kill the stupid floaty chick. Oasis' third album of songs were way to sodding long, even the good ones, of which All Around the World is bloody not one.

I gloriously win the roll and pick first,such tactics. Mucho power.
My side ends up with a building in my circle zone, plus a hill/water thing that do nothing.
Centrally the flags are all exposed, though there is a forest friendly to the Menites and a wall that could be useful if models twirl around. Always twirling.
Menites have water/rubble that doesn't make an impact on the game.

IPB Image
Round 1: There's a garbo Notre Dame on the left, so plan is to run up and kill the damn thing at start of next turn. Can't Martydom that thing (Memory conflation with Terminus Wraith Engines toughing. Ew.).

Totem Hunter Preys the Church, thinking being that it'll be capped at some point then allow the best possible Prey target.

Rask throws Fury on Brine and Admonition on a Bone Swarm. Won't achieve much, forcing the Purification is better than Harby healing for four though.
Veil of Mists has to go down so that Big Pig can run into position through the obstruction.
Bone Swarms saunter forth.
Dahlia forgoes casting Haunting Melody, opting to run forward onto the hill while Skarath flanks up on the far left.

Various solos run around, sticking outside of Church Pew Pew range.
The Cauldrons spit out corpses onto Bone Swarms.

In reply, Menoth moves forward with the Church shooting Brine, boosting the damage and getting some good damage spikes to leave the poor Piggy on 5 boxes. Did not expect that.

Harbinger pops Purification before advancing so I lose Admonition and Fury, get to keep the Veil of Mists.

Bastions on the left utilise desperate pace and Crusaders Call to charge up and sit in front of the Church, Harby moves up behind the forest surrounded by the various solos in the list (Warder, Gravus, Seneschal, Hierophant. The Indictor moves up in front of her.

Cinerators move up as a brick on the right, the front unit popping their mini feat to get Shield Wall up while the second unit ran up behind. The Guardian, as represented by the Castigator, awkwardly had nowhere to go and ends up behind the Cinerator Block.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alright, the opening step against please-burn-her-on-a-stake, lay out the attacks on Harby to discourage Martydoms. This turn what I can produce is getting Brine onto her if a Bone Swarm destroys the Guardian.

Otherwise actual attrition intent is to damage up the Bastions and kill the Hierophant with Skarath.
For the sake of feat positioning, Rask waddles through his Veil of Mists, Boundless Charges Brine and a Bone Swarm on the right, the latter also gets Fury. Feat popped.
Wrastler throws Rage on the Bone Swarm as well, so it's fully prepped to get its murder on.

Alten pops a shot at the Bastion Seneschal, lands a couple points and Grievous Wounds.

Eilish moves up and puts Puppet Strongs on the Bastions in case they defensive strike to well.
Skarath charges up, sprays the Bastions who wing the Snake a little with a Defensive Strike. Can't get far up enough to hit the Hierophant sadly, so the spray is getting four of the Bastions, the Seneschal and Harbinger. Seneschal dies, Harbinger actually takes four damage so that was nice. She Martys once to keep a Bastion going, so at this point only one dies.

Skarath has spent three Fury at this point, Dahlia is going to run up to contest the centre flag and be annoying, so I weigh up whether to give her transfers or do something.

I totally blip on Purification. Straight up forget it's a thing. A number of pointless decisions are made this turn predicated on this linchpin of stupidity in my jello of dribbling.

Anyway, a Boneswarm moves up on the left, gets stabbed by Bastion, burns a corpse to heal then in reply eats the dude. Nom nom nom. Bone Swarms are actually just dudes desperate for a slice of Calcium.

Pair of Bone Swarms move up aroudn Dahlia and....sigh....cast the Swarm Animus to make harder to hit. Pro plays.

Anyway,that stuff happened. Corrosion's out, a couple Bastions dead. Super happy at least the Seneschal got popped. Time to just see if we can assassinate at this point.

Bone Swarm with all the buffs (Also got three corpses off the Cauldron) goes into the Indictor, straight die damage, easily kills it.
Rorsh then heals up Brine to a mighty 8 boxes, smokes him forward, big Pig charges into Harby.
Pop Animus for damage, boost to hit all the initials. With the Snake damage this is just shy of an 80% (Would be 60 ish without said Skarath spike).
I miss all my attacks and we're suuuuuper sad.

Totem Hunter runs out to the right, I measure for it to be within 6 of the Bone Shrine for Boundless Charge/Fury. In the midst of the Menoth turn I'll realise I measured to a random Proxy base I'd used for Bone Swarm placement and he was in fact just flapping the damn breeze.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: Corrosion pops some damage on the Bastions, runs out on Harby herself.
Harby Purifies, dropping off the Upkeeps and all those Animi I put up. Genius.
She also pops feat and stabs Big Pin down to one box. Sadly it's a Spirit box, would have loved a cheeky Retaliatory if I had Mind. She plonks Guided Hand on the left Bastions.
Harby gets healed up by the Hierophant.

Bastions shuffle around, one of them getting Ghostly from the church. They walk up and swing at Dahlia, first attack hits, Puppet String reroll also hits and goodbye Snek.

Cinerators Shield Wall up and grind the nearby Boneswarm to death.
A Mechanik runs to the left flag.

Ooooooooh yeeeeeah...suck it list that no longer has Tactician.
Menoth getting jammed up by themselves mean both side score their Circle zone and the flank flags, 2 all.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Harby's feat, thankfully, is managed by Corpse Token healing on Bone Swarms. Still not great as damage is damage plus Overtake is off the table for the turn, not that it was ever super live into Harbio.

Can't really clear out the left or centre flag,so the go is score my elements again and attrition where possible. Lack strong threat on Harby this turn sadly, time to headbutt Martydom the lame way.

Start with our hero of the hour, Alten. He shoots Gravus, Warder shield Guards it and dies. Just the best of dudes (Ok, ostensibly he might sit around waiting to die for a bit, he can't heal anyway so it's a done deal).

Rask Paralyzes a Bastion, forcing a Martydom. He Rages/Furies the left most Bone Swarm, puts a Veil of Mists over a Bastion. Witch Doc/Spirit Cauldron move up in front of Rask, Ghostly and Corpse token up the same 'swarm.

Super Buffed Boneswarm charges through the Veil, immune to free strikes from Ghostly. Harby feat doesn't take out an aspect so it keeps it's max bone tokens, maxes Fury to kill the Church.

Centre Bone Swarm shuffles up, starts punching a Bastion, triggers Martydomn a couple times. Harby rolls max on the Marty's this turn, so goes down to three boxes and stop as the Bastion dies when the Bone Swarm maxes on Fury.

Rightish, Rorsh shuffles up and shoots a Cinerator, leaving it on box.
Cauldron drags forward a Cinerator, Bone Swarm kills it.
Gobber Chef runs to contest like a brave Zero pilot.
Totem Hunter runs way up the back right to contest the Menoth Circle in future turns.

I score my zone and right flag, 4-2.

IPB Image
Menoth 3: Leftwise the Bastions try to kill the Boneswarm in their vicinity and fall short.
Harby gets healed by the Hierophant, however as the solo chap didn't move she's awkwardly boxed in, if the Bone Swarm on the left doesn't die it can hunt her down potentially. Ergo she opts to spend points healing, then charges and kills said Swarm.

Gravus shuffles up to the Centre flag. Stabs the central Bone Swarm. Guardian later charges in and pops said Swarm.

Right wise one Cinerator unit charges the Wrastler, I eyeball it as pretty likely to live then Snack them up. Doesn't go that way, they spike up and kill it. That's the end of attrition play for me. However as they had to use all their attacks they fail to clear off the Swamp Gobber contesting the centre cloud.

The other Cinerator unit pops its mini feat, charges up and kills the right Boneswarm, Repos to score the right zone and contest the right flag. A couple turn to face the future Totem Hunter placement, whose Prey has shuffled to Harbinger.

Menites score their zone and left flag, 4 all.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Harby is so far out that I keep having reoccurring dreams of the Wrastler munching on the Cinerators outside Martyr range and snacking up. Alas.

Only chance now is to just kill Harby.
I can get Rask, the Cauldron, Eilish, maybe Rorsh.
There was a dream of using Sac Strike on Eilish, good thing he was an inch out on that as it would have been a recurrence of my sad screw up at Cancon in round 4 of Masters.

Anyway, Harby is camping...3 I think?
Rask moves up, lands his shot. I used the Energy Siphon, this was madness when Paralyze was by far the better choice, gets good damage. Also pops down a Veil of Mists to let Rorsh move across.
Witch Doc pops Ghostly on little Piggy so he doesn't die to Free strikes.

Eilish moves up, misses the Bleed attack.
Cauldron moves up, last attack before Rorsh. Rolls like a beast, kills her.

Uh....as planned from the beginning. Yep. From the get go.

Hmmmmm.
Menoth wished they had feated on bottom of 1, which is probably correct given how much that would muck up 8 health Brine.

So. Many. Errors. Unforced ones to.

Biggest being the blip on Purification, Dahlia surviving would have been quite helpful for contesting and forcing the next casting of the four cast spell.
Well, maybe. Given Harby was hiding behind the forest, strongly feels like maybe the biggest mistake was Totem Hunter hard flanking, he could have threatened through the forest all day and felt pretty good.

Les seriously, Wrastler could very easily have been further back or safely behind the water, given the Menites complete lack of pathfinder once the Church died, didn't respect Cinerator threat range/power sufficiently.

Woah...John Fogerty's first band got renamed randomly from "Blue Velvets" to "Golliwogs". That's....a choice....that was.....made? I guess?

Still happier playing into Harby without kicky monks, that's just the scarring caused by the PB at the Cancon Semi's though.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Oct 15 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #630

Game 360 - Morghoul2 (DoA) vs Krueger2 (BoO)
Invasion

Alright, time for some proxy hell as we try a CID game with the Desert Hydra.
Had a vague expectation of playing Disciplies of Agony for some time, making the battlegroups is sodding difficult in a unit based theme.

Ended up with Morghoul2 rocking a Hydra, Blindwalker, Agonizer battlegroup (Look ma! A korne warbeast!), a unit of Beast Handlers, Blood Runners, double Shamblers, double Crocpot (One with a Void Leech), double Master Tormenter, double Beast handler, Swamp Gobbers.

Went into a Krueger2 Bones list, which also had a proxy model for the Mistspeaker (Using Eilish) so I'm totally not the bad guy, just the worserer person. Yeah. English.

Invasion, as a vague portion of the experiment also attempted a table set up where side mattered, ergo one side has a defensive cloud/forest deal centrally, the other side gets a less usefull forest and some walls, one in a reasonable spot, one less so. There's also some hills and a trench around.

I won the roll, picked the defensive terrain side given I had enough pathfinder to make it work for me. Mistspeaker can cancel the cloud a little bit which is unfortunate.

Going into it expectation was a lot of paranoia about Morghoul getting popped, will need to hide behind the terrain/hydra/Agoniser Wail. Damnable Mist Speaker ignoring stealth.
Yeah, I've been touched to many times by Telekinesis.

[imghttps://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oZUysOpdPuI/W7YHFL7Z2jI/AAAAAAAATww/M1Yr7TR3XpwCxpw4nHLldBiELX_05dDRACLcBGAs/s1600/005%2B%2528800x451%2529.jpg[/img]
Circle 1: Circle stuff moves up, the Celestial Fulcrum cunningly using the tree to hide its positioning between the wall and objective.
Table sides get avoided due to ambushing fears.

My glorious proxies:
* Dracodile = Hydra
* Morghoul1 = Morghoul2
* Bone Grinders = Beast Handlers
* Kayazy Underboss = Tormentors
* Kayazy Assassins = Bloodrunners (Ambushing)
* Black Bases = Taskmasters

IPB Image
Skornion 1: Genesis' Land of Confusion vid is super weird. Why would you choose that doll to represent yourself?!

Pair of Woldwyrds makes the prospect of putting Shadowplay on the Hydra a hard sodding no.
Morghoul and beasts move up the centre, Agoniser sceams no spells. Morghoul sandstorms.

The Cauldrons give corpses to both Shamblers, who then run up either side. Left unit is the one with the Void Leech.

The left Master Tormentor runs to the edge of the left zone, theory being that he'll threaten the left zone. The right one gets to charge a Manikin then sprint into the Circle lines and engages a manikin and that flanks Woldwyrd.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Urk, what even happened? Been a whole weekend and I feel like a grim inevitability (like taxes, whinging in CID, death, etc. mainly death though.)

Manikins moves up and spray down shamblers. Right one gets a bead on the Bokor of the units, thankfully flubbs the damage roll. Both Master Tormentors get killed.

Wold Wyrds try some shots, mostly fall apart thanks to the Hydra's animus winding their range down. Noice.

Krueger moves up, finds his defensive output hampered by the Agonizer wail and Sandstorm. He feat pushes back mah stuff, like a jerk.
Two of the Wold Wardens move up in front of him and pop down their animi forests.

The Fulcrum is basically stuck where it is at this point, it dings the Hydra a little bit.

IPB Image
Minion 2: I flubb around for a bit, compeltely conflating the Morghouls and jsut being awkward.

End up with the thinking of it not being worth feating until the Mistspeaker pops, which makes blinding the Battle Engine a good use of time isntead of a waste.

Plan is to just kill what we can in the meantime. Just have to limp along for now.

Left wise, the Pot moves up and to the left, where it can see the Woldwyrd. Lands the Lash attack, drags it forward an inch, which is enough for it to get charged by the ambushing Bloodrunners. First one cranks the damage and things are looking good, then the next pair of fellas manage a single box between them. Good stuff fellas.

Centrally, the plan is to Mortality one warde, and Flesh Hook the other with boosted damage.
I foolishly fail to put Puppet Strings on Morghoul, so he misses the unboosted 6 for the Mortality and has to cast it a second time to get things done. He then backs up to just toe out of hte killbox, Agoniser screams no spells.

Hydra gets healed by the Beast handlers then moves up, it sprays down the right Sentry Stone and maxes Fury to kill the Mortality'ed Wold Warden.

Right Shambler unit desperately runs some a bit, throwing a few bodies in front of the Hydra.
Swamp Gobber toes the right zone which I score, 1-0.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Black Clad Hunters Marks the Hydra. Fulcrum and Krueger clear off the blocking models, letting Megalith with Stone Strength charge in, he smashes the poor hand of heads to the dirt.

Surviving Wold Warden goes into the Blindwalker, is quite trashy in comparison and does about half its boxes.
The Sentry Stone and Woldwyrd out on the left kill a pair of the Bloodrunners. Well, the Sentry Stone does, the Wyrd does sod all.

Right Bokor also took a bunch of damage but toughed like a pro.

IPB Image
Skornion 3: Alrighty, time for some pseudo-heavy gator-lexia

Morghoul gets Puppet Strings because I learnt my lesson. He puts whatsit it called to make the Blindwalker turn all ghosty and stuff. Candle Gator is now ready for pants pashing time with Dan Ackroyd.
Morghoul then backs up behind the forest and Mortalities Megalith.

Both Bokor//Shambler units get the plus strength buff from the Taskmasters.
Left one charge the forward Wold Warden, burns most of his Shamblers and smashes the Gnome to bits. Christopher Robin would not approve.

Candle Gator then uses his Incoporealness to charge Megalith after a Beast Handler ran to give him Prodding and others went around Morghoul to hide him.
Candle Gator knocks Megs down to about 12 boxes as dice minus 3 for damage is awful and I wanted him to be a transfer target.

The plan was for the right Bokor to kill the Fulcrum, instead he has to go in and finish Megalith. Sad times.

Out left, the Pot moves up and one shots the Sentry Stone. Suck it Trebek.
The Bloodrunners then recharge in and this time manage to kill the Wold Wyrd.
They repo around.

I score the left zone, now 2-0. Slowly but surely! A shame Morghoul is super going to die.

IPB Image
Circle 4: SURE ENOUGH YE OLD HIPPIES woops caps key soddit you can't make me fix it.
True enough, 'ol Kreugster wants to come in for the kill.
Yeah, order of activations memory is completely shot. Critical point being that only the Fulcrum, with Eyeless Sight from the Mist Speaker, is able to line up quality attacks on Morghoul and gets nowhere near.

Circle concedes as Krueger is in charge range of Morghoul and I've got a feat.

Blergh. Well, I like the Hydra as it is presented anyway.
Through away the left Tormentor, should have run it back to use later in the game.
Not puppet stringing Morghouls "must land an unboosted 6" gameplan was my most rock headed point. or possibly it was not reading the Agoniser card and thinking it stopped all spellcasting. Whoops.
Otherwise Beast Handler positioning is weird to me.

+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Oct 16 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #631

Game 361 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Stryker2 (SD) - Tas Champs Round1
Invasion

Alrighty, haven't practicesed the lists for a fortnight and ill the week before, what could go wrong with flying to another states champs tourney?
Everything, but not until round 4.

In the meantime, sweet 5 rounder, throwing down Arkadius triple War hog and Raskalicious with the the 5 Bone Swarms.

Round 1 is into a painting extraordinare with Swans that were damn pretty.
Scenario is Invasion, so playable but not rushable for both lists. I lost the roll and got given second, the table had the return of the Thexus mansion from WTC the year before so I nabbed that side. Basically makes arkadius have a perfect central nook to sit, this will be one of the feew games where Guardian Beast gets to be an absolute rockstar.

It's Stryker2 Storm Division with a mix of the different units, battlegroup of Rowdy/Ironclad and a Junior with a Firefly.

Additional terrain that matters is a big forest in the right zone. Left zone has an intruding forest that slightly comes up.
Basic plan is to just abuse the central building, get that Road Hog sprinting back and forth.

IPB Image
Round 1: Stormies move forward, infantry blob on left, left of centre battlegroup, Storm Lances out on the right.

Arkadius pops Guardian Beast and gets up to his building safety point, beasts make a triangle outside of Stryker feat advance plus charge of the various dudes. Razor Boars move up on the right side, popping Coutner Charge Animi in case of jamming.

Forced Evo is on the Road Hog, I puppet strings the right War Hog in case he gets to move up and biff something running up to Arkadius.

IPB Image
Cygnar 2: Left wise the can't-be-charged unit, whichever one that is, move up forward. Guardian Beast procs the Road Hog to spray down a pair of them.
Other infantry on this side sit up at the edge of the zone, warjacks behind.

Centrally Firefly moves up into the rectangle, shoots a Razor Boar.

Cav out on the right shoot at the Razor Boars, coupled with the Firefly shot they kill a pair of them. Alas poor mini-pigs.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Bit of hemming and hawing on whether to feat, then decide a mediocre feat is fine with the Guardian Beast Building to work with.

Left wise, the Road Hog sprays down four odd dudes. The Battle Boar gets Primalled and frenzies forward, then walks to the non-chargable guys and pac mans the five he can get too.
One of the War Hogs toes the back of the zone beside the intruding forest.

Centrally Orin goes into the building hidey hole, Arkadius pops out to Crippling Grasp a Storm Lancer then repos back. One War Hog toes the corner of the zone to ensure my Objective can't be touched. Another War Hog, now with Forced Evo, frenzies up on a dude then eats a fella to get to teh Firefly. The idea was to oertake to the Objective, unfortunately I made an error and should have Primalled him as he fails to land attacks and ends up only managing to kill the Firefly and stare gormlesly at the load of jacks ready to murder him.

Rightwise Razor Boars were Primalled (Such Priorities, many wows) they end up killing a Storm Lance each.

Otherwise Gorax' just chill up back and lose their fury to the feat.

IPB Image
Cygnar 3: Leftwise, a dude (last survivor the pac manned unit) runs up to engage the contesting War Hog. The infantry dudez charge the Battle Boar and easily murder it.
Rowdy casually saunters up between the left and centre zone, trying to work it bitch.

Centrally, Ironclad is fully loaded and charges the Forced Evo War Hog. Guardian Beast triggers, get a crit knockdown and spikes damage. Flawless.
Nearby infantry unit piles in, rolls pretty poor. Stryker rolls his eyes and does the Ginger Snap, charging in with a 2 dice Overload. Gets 11 strength and five damage, kills with ease.
Junior puts Arcane Shield on Stryker.

Lances and a couple of the extra infantry pop a forward Gorax and otherwise simper around.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Plan is to just grind along.

Leftwise the Road Hog gets Ghostly and Forced Evo. Arkadius also pokes it full of Raw Adrenaline.
It Assaults Rowdy, the spray kills the Squire and Junior. Punches Rowdy for some damage, kills a melee dude nearby then sprints backs. Rowdy Coutner Charges. This triggers Guardian Beast, so the Road Hog punches him again, as alas didn't get the full magic and Rowdy still got to punch and knock out the Mind.
The War Hog nearby kills the dude blocking him up, overtakes to Rowdy and easily kills it.
Gorax goes up behind to contest the left zone just in case the heavies get popped.

Right War Hog gets Primalled and goes up to kill the Ironclad, overtaking off an infantry dude. Kills the Ironclad. Overtakes up to Stryker, maxes fury for a fully boosted attack that kills him. Well then. Nevermind.

Rightside of the board was looking a little weak, play going forward was probably shuffle Arkadius to score the left zone and start getting heavies up. Still has some solos and stuff to move, only thing really needed to happen was body blocking to stop Stryker feating on a pair of infantry to move forward and try charging Arkadius.

Round 1 done, hopefully some rust knocked off.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Post #632

Game 362 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Ashlynn1(LR) - Tas Champs Round2
Spread the Net

Round 2 rolls into some travelling Mercies, with Damiano and......sigh......Ashlynn.
Both lists are Cygnar infantry and a medium level of Jacks. I opt to drop Rask due to the table terrain giving me some dreams, realistically it should have been Arkadius who could do the same thing to a weaker extent.

Ashlynn drops, so my current Facebook name is super under threat (HasneverlosttoAshlynn).
It's min Trenchers with the UA, Gun mages with a Mule, Double Thorn, pile of solos whilst Ashlynn has two Toros and a Vanguard Battle Group.

This game is recorded somewhere, no idea where at the time of writing.

I win the roll and opt for first as I can abuse the terrain with my lists either way.
My side has a couple hills, with the left zone have a large forest that makes contesting easy and some corrosive water around my flag that doesn't matter.
Central zone has a forest smack bang in the centre.
Mercs get a huge trench, a wall between their zone and the centre and most importantly a super awkward building in their zone.
That building is basically the carrier of my hopes and dreams. If I'd had it then it's an easy lock out as I have ghostly and can move through it, instead I get to use it's poking out corner as a home for a lesser warlock.

Matchup wise opposing list has a lot of pushes and crit affects, other that nothing I'm super concerned about. Admonition and Countercharge is annoying, however Boneswarm mid activation corpse spend healing makes me not to worried.

IPB Image
Round 1: Totem Hunter Preys the Trencher Infantry. None of the options felt that great.

A Swarm and one Chef duck over to the left behind the forest. The Chef is doomed to running up to contest in a future turn, after that it'll depend on how we swing around the middle.

Most of my stuff moves up the guts, one Boneswarm with Admo goes directly behind the forest.
I puppet string Alten Ashley so he can move up and do a cheeky shot on Gibbs who is in the Llaelese rubble. not great odds on a re-rolled 9 and he misses, would have been tops. Alas.

Dahlia and Skarath run up the side, range of opposing guns makes haunting Melody a bad bet in the early stages until they seize the contesting position.

Llaelese bunch up behind the forest and cloud wall, the Admonition Bone Swarm triggers a move forward. It can't get to toe a cloud sadly, which would have been the best result.

More Central of the Toro's has Admonition, Trenchers are Quickened.

IPB Image
Minion 2: I feat this turn, more as a reflex than with much successful planning involved.

The previously Admo'd Swarm goes in and kill Gibbs, flailfs badly at Trenchers.
Rask hides behind Swamp Gobbers and some other stuff, feated in the centre of my stuff.
Totem Hunter moves up to the right, hiding behind two of the Bone Swarms lest the Thorn come up and try to cap him.

Dahlia runs to her hiding spot, Skarath moves in nearby and pops Coutnerblast, ideal being nothing makes it part the Swarm/Totem/Counterblast formation to get to contest my flag.
Some random ranged attacks kill a pair of Thorn Gun mages.

IPB Image
Ashlynn 2: Trenchers move up the left centre of the board, creating more cloud annoyances as heavies move up behind.
Tinker runs to the merc flag.

The Thorn shuffle in the Merc Rectangle, the healthy unit Thundershot a Bone Swarm to the side and set the Totem Hunter on fire.
Sole survivor of the other unit manages to move up to contest range. Boo. Hiss.

Mercs score their flag, 0-1.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Enough of these shenanigans, time for something that matters to die.

Leftwise the Gobber Chef runs up to contest the Merc flag. Bone Swarm moves up to clear the zone, maxes Fury and kills a single Trencher. Imph. Not so great.
The Cauldron on this flank gets pushed forward where it can just toe a cloud, it pew pews the Mule and drags it in, as well as spiking the damage nicely. It is now in the Cloud, so the Wrastler charges it and kills it, then overtakes to kill a Trencher and hides behind the centre forest.

Rorsh moves onto the hill in the back, didn't really have a place for him to go.

Right wise Skarath and Totem Hunter kill the Thorn, Totem ends up hiding on the Merc side of the building with the Sprint move.
I can draw line of site over the wall to a back Toro, so a Bone Swarm gets suped up with all the buffs and charges in (Fury/Rage/Boundless Charge/Puppet Strings/Max Corpses), trashes it without even maxing Fury.

I sadly only score the right flag and zone, so now 2-1 (Damnable Trencher!)

Ashlynn 3: The previous rounds chewed up a lot of lock for both of us, so onto my belatedly hazy memory we go!
Ashlynn moves to the back left of the board, hides out in the trench. She pops feat and Gallows the Wrastler into the forest, where he can now be seen by the Toro.
Toro charges in and kills it without to much issue, as I was a fool in toeing on the other side of the zone this makes the central zone clear. That's called a problem.

Gun Mages, hanging around the Merc flag on the top left, aim or shuffle to pop shots into Rorsh. They roll appalingly, a few even missing with Roullete doing its dice churn. Little Pig survives with no transfers and a pair of boxes.

Trenchers move, they generally go into the centre forest. More on that later.

The Vanguard assaults a Bone Swarm and toes the Merc sides rectangle, it doesn't do great on damage.

Both sides score their flags, Mercs unfortuantely left a single Trencher in my rectangle so they fail to score the centre zone. 3-2 to me.

Minion 4: Totem Hunter continues being minorly assaulted by Fire, now down to three boxes.
The Bone Swarm in my rectangle on the lower left Frenzies, which I believe triggers the Toro Countercharge up into the zone. Well, not clearing that this turn, it also has Admonition on it.
Rorsh cuts for a Fury, going down to one box. This was due to the need to heal Brine who had lost his Mind.

My big time sink here is desperately trying to position Rask to shoot Admo off the Toro, whilst also getting far enough up to buff a Bone Swarm to kill the Vanguard in the Merc Rectangle (That is to say, the rectangle on the Merc deployment side. It was clearly Winions turf at this point).
I end up giving up on the gun shot, buffing the Boen Swarm seemed like a higher priority.

Speaking of the Merc triangle Vanguard, due to time pressure we both completely space on Chosen Ground being up, so the Bone Swarm on the Vanguard gets Puppet Strings and lands a headbutt to knockdown, this allows the buffed Swarm-o-Bones to go in and easily kill it. Woops.
Totem Hunter runs up into the Merc deployment line, basically a poorly chosen reflex action to distract the Mercs, should have gone into the centre forest and eaten Trenchers.

Little Pig heals Brine, moves up behind the forest where the Gun Mages can't see him.
A Bone Swarm beside him pops Swarm.
Swamp Gobbers run to engage the Trenchers in the centre forest, loads of stuff is now contesting the centre zone.

Both sides score their flags and I get the Merc rectangle, 5-3.
I end up just straight up not activating Brine. Good at the game.

Ashlynn 4: Gun Mages pop their mini feat, the Dude shoots the Totem Hunter down. Sadness.
The Trencher Sniper is the only unengaged model in the unit, he sidles around and caps Rorsh. That's some bad placement there, attrition is now pretty level (Given Ashlynn can kill things in melee and Rask.....well, I once meleed Rahn to death with him I spose....).

The Toro tries to kill my stuff in the Winion rectangle, fluffed damage rolls on the pot means it kills the Pot Unit and falls short on the Bone Swarm.

Ragman runs and contests the Merc Rectangle, again both sides score their flags for 6-4.

Rounds 5 - 7: The turns are now very limited by clock, so we both do very little and trade clock taps.
I kill Ragman, the Bone Swarm in my rectangle cops free strikes and walks to cotnest the Merc flag with a handful of boxes remaining, I get up 8-4.

Gun Mages then start running into the Merc rectangle, the contesting Bone Swarm easily dies. I send a moderately buffed Bone Swarm into the Toro late game to try to get the 5th control point, def 11 sadly proves to be to stronk and I miss all my attacks.

We do the clock love tap to the end of round 7, I win on CP 11-7.

Game entirely resides on my flag being uncontestable for the latter half, I'd give credit to the building in the Merc zone making them go hard refused flank and not really trying to score it at all.
Bunch of flawed plays, ultimately happy with not flubbing the clock given that's been a game weakness of late.
One more round in the first day!

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Yesterday, 09:30 AM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Post #633

Member No.: 4,171

*Shakes fist*

Ashlynn gonna get you one day, old man!

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Post #634

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Oct 17 2018, 11:05 AM) *

*Shakes fist*

Ashlynn gonna get you one day, old man!

IPB Image

Will be totes humilating when it does though. Cause she sucks tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Post #635

Game 363 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Bradigus1(BoO) - Tas Champs Round3
Mirage

Sledgehammer is overrated. Just like Walk the Earth songs.

Speaking of Sledgehammers, it's a double Bones of Orboros pairing. Krueger2 and Bradigus.
After the last games debacle it was time for some sweet Arkadius, whom I'm happy into Brad and unsure into Krueger. Telekinesis seems like a potentially bad time.

Life lucks out, Arkady vs Braddles so some sweet known quantities. It's also a Brad list without a sodding hunters Mark git, which means I can be a lot lazier about Orin positioning and own the threat range game.

Brad has double shifting and sentry stones, five of the little pew pew stone form wolds, two Ram Hands, one Warden. Three of the....whatsit.....stone buff dudes (Basically creepy masseuses that cover the statues in oil to relax them and give +2 Strength).

Mirage. Hmmm. Going in, thinking being this is going to be a strict did-I-Alpha-hard-enough deal, if not then I get ground down to a pulp, given we've both got to commit to contesting the flags. Ideally the long play is to also pop his three buffman solos, I've got more potential scorers (albeit a more cowardly caster).

I win the roll and take first, there's a central forest blob that and both flanking flags have a building in their vicinity.
Otherwise I get a defesive hill, circle get a trench.
There's flanking forests that don't impact...I think.....and some burning earth on the left flag.
Ghostly makes the buildings good, also a good scenario objective placement for handing out pathfinder as needed.

IPB Image
Round 1: I run my stuff up, make a rough line outside of Woldwatcher advance and pew pew range with Brad feat, unlikely as that is to happen. Road Hog and a pair of Rabo's do move into range, just to see if it draws people in. Hyper Aggressive is up in case.

Road Hog gets Forced Evo and leans left, given it's more able to get up into the more distant flag.

Circle put up Synergy/Mystic Wards, make a skirmish line of Stone Formed Wold Watchers. Warden is out on the left, Guardians are behind the central forest. Manikins fan out front as well.

IPB Image
Arkadius 2: Time for a typical short jaunt of an Arkadius feat turn. The Watcher line has a central gap and can be flanked on the left, so I can bag two heavies, after which even with Synergy I should comfortably be able to ride the attrition wave. Also Stone unitshave to die/be broken so I don't have to put up with their nonsense.

Around the left flag, a Razor Boar clears out the blocking Manikins whilst the Road Hog with Forced Evo kills a Watcher and sprint back. The left most War Hog was Primalled and goes barreling up the side, kills the Warden, Stone Egg carrier dude and the Sentry Stone. Good stuff.

Around the circle zone a pair of Gorax throw out Primals on a War hog and Razor Boar then also go in and clear out the blocking Manikins. That War Hog was the recipient of Ghostly, so he frenzies forward then walks through the forest/Wold Watcher gap to get to a Ram hands, on the way he was also the target point for a Primal Shock to try to kill a Shifting Stone that bounced. He kills the Hands Wold, Overtakes up to pop a Shifting Stone then is maxxed on Fury when he moves up and engages Brad. Good Pig that one.
The Primalled Razor Boar ran around the obstruction and turned to get a line on the other shifting stone unit, frenzies in on feat and pops it. It's a good day to be homeless.

In my zone Arkadius hunkers down behind the Battle Boar and a Razor Boar with Orin nearby, one of the Swamp Gobbers moves up and plonks a cloud down next to the forest to be inconvenient.
I also throw up Guardian Beast, so engaged now that Hyper Aggresive isn't required. Plus I still have a warm glow for the spell from the opening round of the tourney.

Right flag just gets the spare War Hog and Razor Boar around, Targ and the Chef run to be in the vicinity but opt not to go on teh flag as they'll just die without scoring and solos are to valuable at this point.

Pretty successful turn, though the centre flag isn't quite as contested as it should be and a Sentry Stone is still kicking. Could have sent the right War hog into the Wold Watchers, felt like I'd be giving up to much to the counter punch though.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Wold Watchers punch down the Gorax' nearby, killing one and leaving the other on one box. They've built up the Synergy enough for Ram hands to casually dispatch the war hog engaging Bradigus.

The spawning Manikin aims and sprays down the Gobber Chef waiting to score the right flag, so that was mean.

One Wold Watcher gets up through the centre forest to contest my zone, killing the left Razor Boar on the way and Stone Forming up.

A dearth of attacks unfortuantely means that Circle can't kill the hero Razor Boar that popped the shifting stone, so no one scores. Because Razor Boars are tops.

IPB Image
Minion 3: The War Hog on the left flag frenzies into the Wold Watcher contesting my zone, gives it a hearty whack. The contesting hero Razor Boar frenzies on the Sentry Stone, unsurprisingly for nought.

Carry the grind on from here, make sure Arkadius doesn't get in potential Brad feat and charge range (A much simpler equation than dealing with the sodding teleport shenanigans). The central flag has to many contesting elements, so the side flags are the score pushing targets.

In my zone the Road Hog charges up and kills the contesting Wold Watcher, then sprints back a back. A Gorax goes in and kills the nearby Shifting Stone which are now in their annoying backup role of contesting for the rest of the sodding game while they port wherever they need to be.
Eilish runs up to the left flag.
Arkadius camps on the hill with a Razor Boar and Battle Boar in front of him. Orin moves around, initially to try to lighting Ram Hands, except Mystic Wards is up. Skills on display right their.
A Gobber pops a cloud next to the central forest again.

Around the right flag, the Goraz surviving on a box is a problem as it stop the War Hog going in on the contesting Wold Watchers. This is solved by the Witch Doc giving him Ghostly so he jsut walks away and Primals the War Hog, having got a few boxes from Psycho Surgery.
The War Hog charges in, popping his dial for strength.
It is not the best bacon on display. Fakon if you will. He kills one measly Woldwatcher, so doesn't clear off the flag. Targ goes to the flag and Ancillary attacks, alas is insufficient.

A Rabo moves up to contest teh centre flag a bit more, pops Counter Charge Animus.

I score my zone and the left flag, now 2-0.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Bradigus shoots Eilish off the left flag. Should have body blocked with the Road Hog.
A Stone Egg carrier dude moves up to sbuff Ram hands, he gets counter charged by a Razor Boar who sadly misses.
One Woldwater walks back to kill the Razor Boar still chilling in the Circle zone.
Ram hands moves up and kills the War Hog, while the Manikin and Woldwatcher bizarrely fail to kill Targ.
Shifting Stones port around to contest spots. The rock knobs that they are.

The Countercharging Razor boar is now living the contest dream, so noone scores.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Solo positioning and contesting models makes getting the points to win not doable, so plan is to buff up a Gorax and kill the Ram hands to cement the attrition lead.

Around the left flag the Road Hog moves up and sprays Bradigus, lands a good thwack that gets transferred to Ram Rands.

Centre flag wise the super damaged Gorax gets Primal and Forced Evo, sadly Mystic Wards stops the Crippling Grasp for the best situation. The lightbeast charges in, seems to forget it's a Minion model now as it lightly caresses Ram hands all over and makes him feel a bit weird, given he presumably lacks the anatomy for a happy ending.

No scoring that flag now, so back to just humming along.

In my zone Arkadius stays chilling up the back as Gobbers pop down a big cloud and the remaining War hog runs in so it can't start doing something useful again. The Gorax here kills the contesting zone.

Right flag is just the land of models moving to contesting spots as the Woldwatcher can't be killed this turn.

I score my zone, 3-0.

IPB Image
Circle 4/Minion 5: Time crunch so Circle pic missed. Ram hands kills the Gorax and Razor Boar in the zone, the Sentry Stone and watchers kill Targ, the Witch Doc and another Razor Boar around the right flag.

They fail to get anything to my zone, so we both score 4-1.

I buff up the War Hog and send it in, it kills Ram Hands and an Egg dude to Pac Man his way into the Circle zone. Orin runs to the left flag. A bunch of other stuff runs around, I score the left flag and my zone, flip clock and Circle starts their activations as I realise I just won on scenario 6-1. So gud at gamez luk u wud nt bereave.

Good use out of Bradigus practice here, I'm biased from my own lists in thinking Woldwatchers are worse than other stuff, so that's a thing. Bizarrely slow scenario play for Mirage, expendable solos not placed properly. Gorax' killing Manikins was not great, only needed one up their to be an annoying roadblock. Eilish maybe should have offensively gone forward and stripped Synergy to be aggravating, didn't think of it at the time. Triple War Hog build feels to be working out in general matchups at least.
+Quote Post

32 Pages V « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 04:50 PM