4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATC feedback and wrap up
Angmar
post Sep 15 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #61

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 239

Haha, I wasn't being too serious when commenting on the 2+ rerollables tongue.gif. And well, in most games my hell drakes get to shoot once before dying! smile.gif

And to be honest, I like odd numbers of objectives placed in places you have to go get them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post Sep 15 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 9,971

You may have been joking but that is how i win missions where i have less objectives so it was spot on. I can run at my opponent and brazenly attack them with that unit. Thier formation is irrelivant because the normal threat bubbles that each unit emanates dont exist to me.

You drakes die after shooting once? sounds like your having bad dice games to me. Not many of the lists that came to ATC could kill drakes effectively from my memory. You should have gotten at least 4 flames between them and as many vector strikes against most armies.
Thats enough to have killed like 20+ scoring models.
Many armies only had that many so it would have been a huge boon to your game.

+Quote Post
jasonc
post Sep 15 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #63

Inquisitor Aristaeus

Member No.: 7,140

QUOTE(Angmar @ Sep 15 2013, 08:48 AM) *

Yeah see, I don't get that. We're already playing a game that wasn't designed for tournament play, we already change things for it to work as a tournament game, so this whole "but 6th ed" thing doesn't make sense. I personally prefer changes that make missions more balanced and competitive.

For me it's more about keeping a universal system - the game I play here is the same I play interstate, international etc. If the major tournaments tweak the rules enough that it significantly changes the meta, well, it feels like a different game.

--------------------
Aus ETC Vice Captain
NSW ATC Captain
Sydney Hammer House Captain
+Quote Post
Angmar
post Sep 15 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #64

I was genuinely surprised when your single twin linked skyfire lascannon didn't kill both drakes tongue.gif

QUOTE(jasonc @ Sep 15 2013, 10:38 AM) *

For me it's more about keeping a universal system - the game I play here is the same I play interstate, international etc. If the major tournaments tweak the rules enough that it significantly changes the meta, well, it feels like a different game.

Yeah, feels like a better game to me when you change the missions.
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Sep 15 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 10,698

Yeah im with Julian here, I lost the roll off for sides in both of my games with varying objective numbers. Not taking anything away from my opponents but it did impact both games.

I had both games as a yellow (50/50) and I lost both games. Its not like my army was a gunline that sits in the deployment zone and shoots so I had designed around this fact but 1 roll had too much impact on those games

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
Angmar
post Sep 15 2013, 10:56 AM
Post #66

And quite frankly Jason, at the atc the meta is already different courtesy of the matchup process.
+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post Sep 15 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #67

The lascannon has a 19.8% chance to kill a drake with no cover just the invuln.
Your not retarded so you had 4+ cover from the ruin in the middle of the table on your second turn and your 4th turn because you flew off and came back to the same spot. Both those shots had a 14.8% chance.
I had to get out of the annex on the 5th turn to actually claim the objectiveso thats only 3 shots i got to take at you.
all those 3 shots add up and i should kill less than half a drake. If i did a hull point with each shot that still only kills one drake if you fail all your saves.

One bitty cannon isnt even close to enough anti air to pull 2 dragons out of the sky. I played 16 turns against drakes over the whole weekend and killed 2 of them with the lascannon which is about average.
+Quote Post
Angmar
post Sep 15 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #68

I know statistically you shouldn't. But me and statistics don't get along very well sometimes.
+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post Sep 15 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #69

Lol fair enough.
+Quote Post
jasonc
post Sep 15 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #70

Inquisitor Aristaeus

Member No.: 7,140

QUOTE(Angmar @ Sep 15 2013, 10:56 AM) *

And quite frankly Jason, at the atc the meta is already different courtesy of the matchup process.

That's a good point

--------------------
Aus ETC Vice Captain
NSW ATC Captain
Sydney Hammer House Captain
+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post Sep 15 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #71

Its different but only in that you can avoid your worst matchups. you still have to be able to fight 80% of the field and you still have to play your worst mission and worst deployments
+Quote Post
Crynn
post Sep 15 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #72

Member No.: 6,463

QUOTE(Paddlepop Lion @ Sep 15 2013, 10:00 AM) *

we change things but its always small things. Changing this is a huge fundimental change that opens completely new archetypes of list to be made and removes the responsibility of each army to be able to break the others formation.

we may not all have 2+ rerollable saves thats true but each army has something different that makes it able to compete in this fassion.
You for example had 2 unkillable troop eating machines that litterally killed all my troops bar 3 models over 6 turns! thats with only 2 of them and when your flying them off and being evaded as best i could..........

I agree with Matt and Jason. While the game may not have been designed to be played in tournaments it still has a set of generally functioning set of rules and ATC should be about playing those rules as they stand, not making up our own as we see fit. Players need to build there armies with the ability to remove enemies on objectives or take them from the enemy, it is part of the game and shouldn't be changed. If you even out objectives, first turn which generally coincides with first blood becomes an incredibly important thing to get, even more so than it is now. Leave the missions the way they are and learn to build armies with all different mission types and variations in mind.

While we may say the meta is different at ATC the game is still the same and I have never taken an army to ATC that I wouldn't take to any other event, the only difference is at ATC I get 5 hard exciting games and at the average tournament I get 1-2 at best.

Regards,
Crynn

--------------------
Now writing for 3++ www.3plusplus.net

Placings:
1st - Acolytes - Scalps 2011 (Best General) - SWD 2011 (Best General) - Aquilla Singles 2011 (Best General) - Icon 2010 (Best General, Best Painted, Players Choice) - ATC VIC Challenge 2011
2nd - Cancon 2012 (Highest Battle Points) - Battle Bunker Crash 2011 - VICC 2011 - Battle Bunker Arc qualifier 2011 (Best General)
3rd - Conquest - Australian Team Challenge (Highest Battle Points) - Battle Bunker Crash 2012
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 01:50 AM