Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [KICKSTARTER] Battletech - Clan Invasion!!!
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 18 2019, 04:24 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,988

The Clan Invasion has begun people!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703...h-clan-invasion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
casperionx
post Jul 18 2019, 09:42 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,557

Its already gone well past the goals, and a lot more have been added.

Its huge!

Bloodnamed level appears to have sold out! (I got it on the start of the kickstarter)

If there is any retailers who want to get in on 6 starters and 6 challenge coins for 150 US, they probably should, as it appears to be great value.

Battle tech has been in a wilderness when it comes to on shelf stuff, and I'd love to see some alphastrike getting played more!

--------------------
The moral of the story is, "If we have to have Cpt. Useless (Belial), we might as well let him take a few bullets for us."

This is how to server beer - the 40k blog

For All my sales threads - Please note: - they are up for sale in other locations - I may choose who I sell to.

+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 18 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #23

So this Kickstarter is hammering along so far...funded in 7 minutes and at around the 12 hour mark, it has reached nearly $500,000 USD (a little over $700,000 AUD)...30 days and 12 hours to go ohmy.gif

So much very cool stuff being added, and it seems it will be delivered in three waves (although this may change), which is currently;

1 - Some electronic/digital stuff at the end of the Kickstarter Campaign (Novels, Novella, Rulebooks, Scenarios etc), and
2 - The Clan Invasion Box, the first 2 Star/Lance Packs, as well as any other rewards/stretch goals/swag/add-ons by March 2020, and
3 - Any of the additional Star/Lance packs reached through stretch goals, some months after March 2020.

Lots of really cool stuff coming out of this Kickstarter!!!

Anyway, as of reaching $500,000 USD, here is a list of the Mechs that will have been made available in sweet high quality plastic...

Clan Invasion Box
Executioner
Timber Wolf
Nova
Grendel
Adder
X (currently 2) Points of Elemental Battle Armour

Clan Command Star
Dire Wolf
Stormcrow
Shadow Cat
Mist Lynx
Summoner

Inner Sphere Command Lance
Marauder
Archer
Valkyrie
Stinger

Clan Heavy Striker Star
Gargoyle
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Viper
Ice Ferret

Inner Sphere Battle Lance
Warhammer
Rifleman
Phoenix Hawk
Wasp

Clan Fire Star
Fire Moth
Kit Fox
Cougar
Nova Cat
Warhawk

Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
Atlas
Marauder II
Orion
Crusader

Clan Pursuit Star
Fire Falcon
Arctic Cheetah
Hellion
Battle Cobra
Black Lanner

Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
Banshee
Grasshopper
Centurion
Hatchetman

Clan Heavy Battle Star
Turkina
Kingfisher
Crossbow
Ebon Jaguar
Huntsman

Inner Sphere Striker Lance
Blackjack
Panther
Wolfhound
Jenner

Clan Support Star
Kodiak
Supernova
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
Hunchback IIC

Inner Sphere Fire Support Lance
Whitworth
Trebuchet
Bombardier
Longbow

Clan Light Fire Star
Howler
Solitaire
Incubus
Pack Hunter
Horned Owl

Inner Sphere Berserker Lance
Scarabus
Firestarter
Axeman
Berserker

AGoAC Box Set + Beginner Box Set (you can also buy these Inner Sphere Mechs as add-ons sans the rest of the box set material)
Battlemaster
Awesome
Catapult
Commando
Griffin
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Thunderbolt
Wolverine

This post has been edited by Monkey Nuts: Jul 19 2019, 11:43 AM
+Quote Post
MarkJ
post Jul 18 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #24

Kickstarter Addict
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 9,887

It's amazing how far they've gone already. I wonder how many more goals we'll see!
+Quote Post
emplion
post Jul 18 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,795

Just broke the 500K. Stretch goals up to 600K added.

This is going to cost me a lot of money... smile.gif

--------------------
Paul - boardgamer
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 18 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(MarkJ @ Jul 18 2019, 04:32 PM) *

It's amazing how far they've gone already. I wonder how many more goals we'll see!

QUOTE(emplion @ Jul 18 2019, 04:36 PM) *

Just broke the 500K. Stretch goals up to 600K added.

This is going to cost me a lot of money... smile.gif

Amazing stuff indeed, fellow Mechwarriors!!!

I've updated my above post with the next lot of Mechs being made available up to $600K...once $600K is reached, that will be a total of 68 new high quality plastic Mechs available (with 9 of those already available in the AGoAC and Beginners Box Sets)...and don't forget we now have Clan Elemental Battle Armour as well, no doubt we will see Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armour at some stage.

Considering we have had 59 new Mechs revealed in 12 hours, I feel it may be possible that by the end of another 30.5 days, we may see all of the Mechs from TRO Succession Wars and TRO Clan Invasion being made available in high quality plastic!!!
+Quote Post
emplion
post Jul 18 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #27

I'm hoping that they do some ground vehicles. Behemoth or Schrek PPC carrier anybody?

--------------------
Paul - boardgamer
+Quote Post
casperionx
post Jul 18 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 9,557

I'll be honest, I hope they decide to make decent multipart plastic mechs, the ones that came with the older starter set (the Summoner and Hellbringer), were arguably still the best they've done.

--------------------
The moral of the story is, "If we have to have Cpt. Useless (Belial), we might as well let him take a few bullets for us."

This is how to server beer - the 40k blog

For All my sales threads - Please note: - they are up for sale in other locations - I may choose who I sell to.

+Quote Post
emplion
post Jul 19 2019, 09:58 AM
Post #29

So far this is going to cost me at least $730 - up to the 750K stretch goals (assuming I don't double up on a couple more lance/star packs)

--------------------
Paul - boardgamer
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Jul 19 2019, 10:01 AM
Post #30

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

I'm keen, but the lack of an Australian distribution point is putting me off as the shipping costs will be stupidly high if they don't find someone to distribute it here.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 19 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #31

I've updated my post above wit the latest couple of Mech-centric stretch goals...

QUOTE(emplion @ Jul 19 2019, 09:58 AM) *

So far this is going to cost me at least $730 - up to the 750K stretch goals (assuming I don't double up on a couple more lance/star packs)

Yeah, so much stuff to buy, I'm around that same amount at the moment, but will likely fork out more by the end...

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jul 19 2019, 10:01 AM) *

I'm keen, but the lack of an Australian distribution point is putting me off as the shipping costs will be stupidly high if they don't find someone to distribute it here.

I've asked that this be investigated, and have had an official response that it will be investigated...and with shipping not happening until at least March 2020, that gives them over 6 months to sort it out, I'm sure they'll get an Australian fulfilment centre, and hopefully soon so they can announce it before the Kickstarter ends so that potential backers with this same concern like yourself, will feel comfortable backing.
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Jul 19 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #32

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Monkey Nuts @ Jul 19 2019, 11:48 AM) *

I've asked that this be investigated, and have had an official response that it will be investigated...and with shipping not happening until at least March 2020, that gives them over 6 months to sort it out, I'm sure they'll get an Australian fulfilment centre, and hopefully soon so they can announce it before the Kickstarter ends so that potential backers with this same concern like yourself, will feel comfortable backing.

Issue is still there though. "We'll investigate it" does not mean they will end up having a distribution point. If I back for the higher level pledges like I'd like to, that's a lot of gear to be posted in the future that I have no guarantee won't cost me almost as much as I pledged. That's really off putting for me.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 19 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jul 19 2019, 02:34 PM) *

Issue is still there though. "We'll investigate it" does not mean they will end up having a distribution point. If I back for the higher level pledges like I'd like to, that's a lot of gear to be posted in the future that I have no guarantee won't cost me almost as much as I pledged. That's really off putting for me.

I absolutely agree 100%. I'm hoping they investigate AND make an announcement before the Kickstarter ends so people can confidently back it, or not!
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 19 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #34

Before they dropped off the Top Ten Countries list, New Zealand had about 15 backers...so between Australia and NZ, about 1.5 days into the Kickstarter, there are over 170 backers...and with 30 days to go still, and a heap more attractive goodies to come, by the end of the Kickstarter I can only imagine that will likely double...especially if we see some more retailer pledges...

So it would be well worth their while to ensure cheap postage to Australia/NZ, as it would definitely make a significant contributor happy and would also increase their backer numbers...

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mango
post Jul 19 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 84

Any chance this becomes too big for them to handle and turns into a Robotech style failure?
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 19 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Mango @ Jul 19 2019, 04:20 PM) *

Any chance this becomes too big for them to handle and turns into a Robotech style failure?

There's always that chance with Kickstarters...however, last year they demonstrated the ability to put together and deliver 2 x different box sets containing the exact same quality miniatures, and those box sets are both in their 3rd print run now (with a 4th print run coming up to coincide with the Kickstarter pledges), and they did this whilst still maintaining their normal release schedules of other materials across a few different gaming systems...they already have all the infrastructure to accomplish the scope of this Kickstarter...so I feel it will run its course like a normal Kickstarter -> some delays by perhaps a few months but will be successfully delivered. The thing is, they've had this cooking away in the background for a couple years at least, and have a lot of the preparation already done, which is why they can release some of the kickstarter material (digital stuff) at the end of the campaign.

I think the main concern really is what Krefey pointed out, the shipping charges if they don't get an Australian fulfilment centre...but more people are making noise about that, and they know about the concern, so hopefully they'll take action on that.
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 19 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #37

Some of the other Aussie backers have said to me that they have contact CGL about having a centralised distribution hub here in Australia, and CGL replied that they would look into it...Aetherworks was mentioned.

I reckon it will happen, I just hope it happens before the end of the campaign so people who currently don't feel comfortable backing the Kickstarter, will get a chance to back it before it ends...

Also, I'm going into Western QLD for a few days, so will likely be incommunicado till mid next week...hold the Battletech Kickstarter fort for me while I'm gone guys!!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 05:52 AM