Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Bookmakers are IN!, The tote is released for this years masters...
Stallandor
post Nov 20 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 306

1. Clint Richards - Goblins
After being compared to an average Horse failing to live up to its big name last year, and then doing exactly that in the masters, Clint has reinvented himself this year, Rocky 4 style, in the gaming equivalent of trudging through snow and screaming at the Russian opponent. Rather than falling he smashed Castle Assault as a warm up, has taken a list other people want to play, and has quietly finished no lower than 4th in 8 tournaments this year, with a 50% 1st place ratio in events. In football they say you have to lose a grand final to win one, this year the smart money seems to be on Clint to take the next step.
ODDS – 5:2

2. Jeff Traish - Dwarves
The defending Champion did not rest idly this year. Whilst he has failed in his quest to play all races across the year, he has taken 9 different armies this year, to 5 podiums. Not having won anything since April, and the fear of old age, stroke, Alzhiemers, heart failure, joint inflammation, raspatory failure, osteoporosis and possible vision problems appear to be the only detractors for Traishy going back to back.
ODDS – 3:1

3. Evan Ferris – Abyssal Dwarves
The greater Ferris submitted his list stating “Why mess with perfection” Whilst he may have a point given he has literally not made a single change, all year, to his army list in a “Reverse Traish” approach, His win at ConVic was clear that he belives that the Meta conforms to him, and not the other way around. He is a solid chance with the only problem being the mirror match, where he needs to figure out an entirely new army actually exists – the 15 point start he is giving up may be too hard to catch in 4 games.
ODDS – 6:1

4. Ken Ferris - Varangur
Seriously – how the hell is this dude on this list, yet alone this high. Dude has won LITERALLY NOTHING all year. The 2nd place at last years masters seems inconsequential now, with clear rigging, tampering and other shenanigans being solely responsible for his presence in the top 4. They say life is not what you know, but who you know, yet whilst he is an exceptionally high probability to podium given his perpetual bridesmaid reputation, there is no way this guys is finishing with the trophy – he will fold like Origami round 4.
ODDS – 10:1

5. Dru Moore – Ratkin
Apparently, there is a scene in Canberra where people play toy soldiers! Its not taken to seriously when Dru is seen as their #1 player – and a man of Mystery at that, having qualified off just 3 events this year. The man of a thousand questions looks likely to be saying “WTF just happened?” by 3pm on Sunday, only to be told he still has another round to go. Good thing he carry’s pain killers with him, but they wont be for the bad back at this event…

6. Ken Dunford – Varangur
2nd Best Ken has approached wargaming with the immortal words “If you kill them all, you will win” and approached them accordingly, noob stomping and cav-smashing people into oblivion in the backwaters of Queensland. Unfortunately the combination of scenarios, the mirror match and players that don’t blindly walk up the slaughter all bode poorly for Ken this time around.

7. Chris Wilcox – Kingdoms of Men
Chris boldly decided to go with an army he played once in Feb, rather than his staple “Goblin blow you away” approach. This time, he decided to put a human meat shield between his shooting and your army. It’s a bold new strategy that just might pay off for a dark horse, or dark fleabag rider with a boomstick – player in this competition. Either way, the Castle will be structurally sound.
ODDS – 15:1

8. Andrew Goodman – Abyssal Dwarves
Last years top ranked player was enormously disappointing at last year’s event, costing punters millions with his overconfidence after stomping nobodies from Victoria. This year the form guide looks similar with AG smashing all southerners before him, only difference being this year nobody is rating him.

9. Pawel Sajewicz - Elves
The dude who advertises all of his games making his flaying of inexperienced Canberrans appear like tactical genius. When its known his first real challenge of the year in a grudge match against an actual player, he got his brother to play the army he was up against, practiced multiple times against it, devised a new bold strategy, and then still lost when it mattered. I think the internet is looking forward to seeing Pawel do a report of now losing with that army, to his own army, and then having to do a report on that too. Its not looking good for the man who put the U in MSU, but will be out-deployed still by multiple armies in this field.

10. Adam Storey – Undead
The man hasn’t had a counting ranking score since January. Its alleged he had forgotten the rules – and it showed in his refresher event at his last start. I’ve heard of giving a horse a spell, but the 6 month lay off, and the decision to listen to the advice of compatriot Ken “Cavalry rules the metta now” Dunford, without the practice? Winning game 1 is simply going to have him fed to the wolves in rounds 2-3.
ODDS – 30:1

11. Josh Angel – Undead
The man might believe that De-fault are the two sweetest words in the English language. Apparently, this guy has been at CanCon, and some MikeCon’s but nobody has really recognised him at these events either. Taking the “under the radar” approach to a new level, this years unknown man changed some perceptions as they stood up and paid attention to a pretty sweet looking list with a stack of Mummies. Unfortunately, bookmakers believe the odds are far more likely that he’ll be calling for his mummy than collecting this time around.
ODDS – 40:1

12. Ed Hamacek – League of Rhordia
This year’s winner of the “Gaming guy – just happy to be here” award - Ed decided the soundest strategy was to copy the race of last years winner, and rocked out League of Rhordia. He has since found out that Traishy hasn’t played the list since, and the race itself is an intricate army that requires a high level of skill to play. These are all bad signs for this years lovable speedhump from Queensland.
ODDS – 50:1

There you have it – place your bets!!!

This post has been edited by Stallandor: Nov 20 2017, 01:54 PM

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dru
post Nov 20 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 31

Man, I'd back Josh at 40:1. That's crazy good money. And how the heck is AG only 15:1? Dude is a serious contender. Drop me down to 100:1 and you'll start getting your odds right.

Don't give up your day job, KenF, cause you'd make a cr@p bookmaker.... but before you do, I have some bets to place...

Dru
+Quote Post
Mango
post Nov 20 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 84

So who is going to do a 'Bradbury'? Anyone looking like a 4th place contender who could possibly sweep to gold if the top 3 fall on their arses?
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Nov 20 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mango @ Nov 20 2017, 04:34 PM) *

So who is going to do a 'Bradbury'? Anyone looking like a 4th place contender who could possibly sweep to gold if the top 3 fall on their arses?

I wasn't at Castle Assault, but that was how Dru qualified!!!
And to be fair - there is no reason it couldn't happen again, Its what happened to Traishy at ConVic as well collapsing after being a mile in front.
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

(Except Pawel winning round 1. No chance).

And your right Dru - I'm not quitting my day job...

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
Swordmaster
post Nov 20 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,525

I am surprised the odds for me are so low, I expected that 50:1! armata_PDT_14.gif
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Nov 20 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #6

You can't all be 50:1.
And you can't all claim to be underdogs.
Somebody has to win this thing. HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF!!!

(p.s. I can't win...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
dkou
post Nov 24 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,440

Hundred on AG to win.. carn the vics!

--------------------
Sellick
A Direct Misfire podcast rambler

Direct Misfire Facebook
Direct Misfire Youtube
+Quote Post
Swordmaster
post Nov 26 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,525

Well, after some comments of yours I thought you would even pay people to vote for my army at all! armata_PDT_14.gif

I must say it is a very interesting situation with a wide cross section of factors that may contribute to the overall result. You have veteran players who play in the 2nd Masters in a row and those who made it for the first time. Players who dedicated the entire season (and more!) to single army and those who played with many factions already. You have very intriguing approaches to respective armies with forces that have not been seen before.

My hope is that in such circumstances anything can happen and everyone has a chance to come on top. armata_PDT_36.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 12:36 PM