> mission/player pack still being finalised
difsta
post Jun 18 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #1

The Travelling Mexican

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,216

hey guys,

the mission pack and player pack are still being finalised. the stuff that is pretty locked in is:

1. expect no relic, and a double crusade instead.
2. expect to see word for word rule book missions with the exception that scouring and big guns will allow fast attack and heavy support to be not only scoring but denial as well.
3. you should already know how the allies system will work
4. matchup system will stay the same. So captains need to get practice with this. You could tell last year the captains that had practiced it before cause they didn't take as long tongue.gif
5. There will be 6 games, so don't get early flights back on sunday. The exact rap up time will be announced ASAP.

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
ETC 2016 Australian Team Discussion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Matt--ShadowLord
post Jun 18 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,932

Thanks for the update Difsta.

The sooner you can let us know the end time the better, since there aren't that many flights back from Adelaide per day and several members of our team have to get back on Sunday. We might be so far ahead by then that dropping the final round isn't an issue, but I'd like to have the option biggrin.gif

+1 to no relic. I wont even complain about double KP -- anything is better than inter-state interpretation of the holy relic's holey rules.

Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
difsta
post Jun 21 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #3

The Travelling Mexican

Member No.: 9,216

I can tell you that a schedule has been emailed to all the committee members. At this stage Tom Damin who is the SA committee member has said he will give it till saturday the 29th for replies. After that we are going with the given schedule. At this stage it is looking at a 7pm likely finish on the sunday. But don't book based on that time just yet, but it gives you a ball park

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
ETC 2016 Australian Team Discussion
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Jun 21 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #4

El Bandito

Member No.: 37

QUOTE(difsta @ Jun 21 2013, 10:20 AM) *

I can tell you that a schedule has been emailed to all the committee members. At this stage Tom Damin who is the SA committee member has said he will give it till saturday the 29th for replies. After that we are going with the given schedule. At this stage it is looking at a 7pm likely finish on the sunday. But don't book based on that time just yet, but it gives you a ball park

Josh is correct. I will make sure it stays 7 or earlier.

Airport is 20 minutes away with a cab booked to pickup at 7 and 1.5 hours will be perfect for check-in etc... I would aim to book a 9pm flight.
+Quote Post
neil
post Jun 21 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

The latest flight out of Adelaide to Perth on Sunday the 8th of September is 7:55pm. Might have to rethink that finish time.

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Jun 22 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #6

El Bandito

QUOTE(neil @ Jun 21 2013, 06:01 PM) *

The latest flight out of Adelaide to Perth on Sunday the 8th of September is 7:55pm. Might have to rethink that finish time.

Well we can't get 6 rounds in then. Captains call at the end of the day. 30 minutes matchup time and 2 hours and 30 minutes for rounds, plus 45 minutes of breaks and 30 minutes of finalization and presentation at the end gives us 10 hours and 15 minutes minimum needed for 6 rounds. If we have an 8:30 start as planned 6:45 finish. Not much we can move on unless we have an earlier start.
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 22 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Broken Badass

Member No.: 6,267

How about four games Saturday? Or at least, the match ups and missions. Tables etc all picked so we can go straight off the bat Sunday?

--------------------
"Just wow" The new meta for getting banned on WAU. Lives claimed since November 2014: 2

QUOTE(esrun @ Feb 8 2012, 04:53 PM) *
DND = do not disturb

I always play this especially while fapping.

Anthony Z:

"I don't understand why you take morale tests from dangerous terrain. Did you see what that rock did to Jim, quick run"

"######e tourney... Better alternative to going is masturbating with sand paper"

QUOTE(Elliot.Yung @ May 12 2013, 09:23 PM) *
You know your rule knowledge is bad when Shaun Hogan is correcting you :P

QUOTE(JBrehaut @ Mar 18 2015, 10:30 AM) *
If you really knew how to pullout, you wouldn't need a babysitter
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Jun 22 2013, 01:33 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 11,902

Four rounds on day one is my vote

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
neil
post Jun 22 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #9

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

Matchups for sunday on sat night could work, and people show up sunday morning and start playing immediately..

5 rounds might be a better option, 6 isn't enough for full round robin anyway.

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Jun 22 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #10

El Bandito

First: this will be discussed by the committee.

Second: it's up for the state captains to express issues in the proper forum.

Third: the hall has currently only certain hours booked and available.
+Quote Post
Matt--ShadowLord
post Jun 25 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,932

QUOTE(Buddha @ Jun 22 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Second: it's up for the state captains to express issues in the proper forum.
Third: the hall has currently only certain hours booked and available.

Thanks for the update.

I'm captain for WA but don't believe I am on that forum, so here's a statement of strong preference for an end time that allows people to get to the airport in time, which probably means a stop time of around 6pm latest.
7:55pm is our last flight out of Saigon biggrin.gif

I understand that could make fitting 6 games in a little tricky , but thanks for taking it into consideration.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Jun 25 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #12

El Bandito

QUOTE(Matt--ShadowLord @ Jun 25 2013, 03:49 PM) *

Thanks for the update.

I'm captain for WA but don't believe I am on that forum, so here's a statement of strong preference for an end time that allows people to get to the airport in time, which probably means a stop time of around 6pm latest.
7:55pm is our last flight out of Saigon biggrin.gif

I understand that could make fitting 6 games in a little tricky , but thanks for taking it into consideration.

By "forum" I mean in the correspondence between captains/state representatives.

I have been communicating with Luke from WA as your representative Matt, he has not mentioned timing issues either way.

Still, we are now aiming for a 6PM finish.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 12:16 PM