2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Epic Proxies, A living list, please help add to it
Deb
post Apr 15 2016, 01:01 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,112

A mate who is possibly looking at doing a Praetorian Regiment Imperial Guard showed me this website. They do 6mm British Boer/Zulu war minis, however the cavalry would be good for rough riders, and the marching and firing troops good for guard troopers. Their artillery and Gatling guns are gun carriage mounted, but you could still use them.

www.baccus6mm.com/

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. All of these over 10,000 points. Also Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar (5000 points each),

80,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), Dark Eldar army, 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons.

Warzone Resurrection - Imperial MOW and WolfBane, Capitol, and Brotherhood all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Mercenaries, and buildings/landing craft. All up for sale
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 14 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #22

I found a great source for alternate 6mm sci-fi minis for epic.

http://miniwars.co.uk/epic/units

If you find more alternative minis, you can suggest them and they might be added to the list if approved.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. All of these over 10,000 points. Also Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar (5000 points each),

80,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), Dark Eldar army, 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons.

Warzone Resurrection - Imperial MOW and WolfBane, Capitol, and Brotherhood all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Mercenaries, and buildings/landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 21 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #23

On TacComs, today, Makila posted the following.

Vanguard Miniatures have just launched their pre order page, which now includes some proxies for Marine tanks (battle tanks A and B, and heavy assault tanks), Scout Titans, army artillery (one and two), army trucks (one and two) and APC's.

I went and checked out the website, and there is a great proxy for the 30K Space Marine Spartan Assault Tank, Bombards
Basilisks, and a Warhound Titan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronin
post Jul 29 2016, 06:17 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,512

Sorry, my email app on my phone (primary means of being notified of changes on WAU) has been on the blink for months and I have missed alot of things here.

I will go through the list properly when I get home from work and update everything into the OP so we can all be saved from this sticky going the way of the one it replaced.

Cheers, Ronin

--------------------
+Quote Post
Deb
post Aug 10 2016, 02:46 AM
Post #25

At least you get notices now and then. I have changed my settings and made sure I get notices for everything, and I still ONLY get notified if I have a PM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deb
post May 13 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #26

I have found 2 good proxies for an Ork Feral army. One for the Orkasaurus, the other for the Squiggoth. Both are from Eureka miniatures, although you have to contact Eureka minis directly for the larger Orkasaurus proxy mini.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I added a few weapons from extras I had left over from various kits and minis I purchased from various companies. Although you could add any suitable weapons for the twin linked big shootas, and the Big Gunz.

I will try to get more suitable weapons for the remaining minis I purchased (4 Squiggoths, and 6 Orkasaurus in all), then get proxy Ork infantry which I found are easily available from the Vanguards Skinnerz range, and then get them painted up.

This post has been edited by Deb: May 13 2017, 03:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deb
post Sep 25 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #27

Are their any decent proxies for Gargants, other than the Vanguard Skinners Crusher, which is about 5cm tall? If I get them, I need to make armoured skirts to cover their front.

Are there any 3D print Gargants about for Epic?

I can not seem to find any other than the Crusher already mentioned and normally very expensive old GW minis.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deb
post Oct 18 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #28

I was shown a link to a 3rd party manufacturer for a 6mm proxy of a Gargant - Nuclear Shrimp. https://ns-games.com/product/orc-titan-6mm-scale/. I have ordered 3 of them, as a test run before buying any more for my Gargant Big Mob.

I received the minis from Nuclear Shrimp recently, and put one of them together. They are quite large - True Scale. As large as the old GW Mega Gargant, but a bit chunkier (tubby/fat). They are a nice multi part resin kit, and do have some pieces that need cutting and trimming off. The belly plated glue on, and fit into what look like hinges. They have weapons for the Belly gun, twin soopa guns, a grabba claw/ lifta droppa, a close combat buzz saw, the arm mounted soopa gun, and a nice head. The base is resin, and the feet/groin fits onto the bottom of the torso/belly.

A good size for the lowish price I paid for them.

This post has been edited by Deb: Nov 19 2017, 10:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Speedhump
post Mar 13 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 4,532

If you do not mind slightly low res models, 3d print them.

I have printed 3,000 points of Space Marines so far. designs are all free to sue from Thingiverse, and materials cost for my army is about $5.00 so far. (2 tac detachments, 1 dev, 1 assault, 1 termi, 1 raider detachment, preds, vindicators,k razorbacks and rhinos for all. etc.)

--------------------
Tim Sleigh

Organiser:
Cancon and Wintercon
www.cgs.asn.au

Currently trying to find time to play: 40K, Bolt Action, FoW, TY, KoW, BKC, X-Wing, FoG: AM, Memoir 44 and FoG:N

Unreal Estates
Wargames Scenery and Models
"If you want it, I can make it or try to paint it."
(Also now playing with my new 3D printer.)

Comments will be either as my role of Organiser of Cancon/Wintercon, or as a player of various games and maker of stuff. If any post I make does not make sense in one context, try the other.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Mar 13 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(Speedhump @ Mar 13 2018, 03:46 PM) *

If you do not mind slightly low res models, 3d print them.

I have printed 3,000 points of Space Marines so far. designs are all free to sue from Thingiverse, and materials cost for my army is about $5.00 so far. (2 tac detachments, 1 dev, 1 assault, 1 termi, 1 raider detachment, preds, vindicators,k razorbacks and rhinos for all. etc.)

PaulJam has been 3D printing his armies for a fairly long time and has also design some like the Eldar Hornet. He has 3D printed a few armies using his printer. However, some of us do not have the funds to initially purchase one and start the process. I have slowly been purchasing my armies over a few years, and tend to buy reasonable priced. good quality minis such as Onslaught, Vanguard, Microworld Games and many more.

Perhaps PaulJam might show you a few more websites where you can get Epic Armageddon designs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 04:38 AM