35 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Master Chris
post Feb 10 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #321

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,171

...Why did Axis charge Bart on feat turn?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 10 2017, 07:56 PM
Post #322

Member No.: 10,012

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 10 2017, 08:37 PM) *

...Why did Axis charge Bart on feat turn?

Because.....
IPB Image

I've underrepresented the clocks really. It was 25 minutes to 3 at the time the decision was made, so just one of those "I've got to just do things" moments. Had the Galleon died he would have won there and then after all.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 10 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #323

Yeah, this'll be a cliff notes version. Basically I had one list, and fell prey to the mighty Shepherd lets-strain-the-game testing.

I've got Bart with Galleon, Snake and some random jacks.
He's got 70 odd Winter Guard Infantry, a couple UA's, Josef, a couple Destroyers. Irusk2.

IPB Image

BEHOLD THE PROXIES!
There's an immense mass of various infantry ready to die for the Motherland!

Uh, yeah. I took first and ran up. The horde of funny looking Winter Guard move forward in a manner that gave me flashbacks to the Goblin horde played in a different era.
I move up and do some pew pewing. This is about the time it finally gets through my thick skull that Irusk2 has Solid Ground these days and the Galleon isn't killing squat.

The horde moves forward, the Destroyers and Field Gun (Oh yeah, there was a Field Gun that got Fire for Effect) pew pew the Galleon. One squad kills Skarath with three CRA's of two blokes. Jeepers.

IPB Image

Nomad/Buccaneer jam up, I do shoddy attacks back.

This ground out for a round, the Galleon loses a side as the WGI move around, one squad gets Battle Lust and Joe's strength buff and puts the Nomad on three boxes.

Bart goes for Glory, charging a couple WGI. Kills two to get to a line up around the Buccaneer. The next WGI tough three times before dying, murder spree shut down. Urk.

IPB Image
Nomad and Galleon get stabbed and shot. Objective also dies to a couple WGI charging.

My models do some jigging with it, then it's game over.

So.......Immune to Knockdown aye? To the shelf Bart! We need some time apart while I discover myself travelling a very limited part of Europe! Or prepping for that anyway....
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 11 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #324

Good thing about prepping for team environments with some notice is it lets me get past my SUSS. Such a flawed brain alas.

First game into J-bell in what feels like an age!

Stealing some Polish stuff:
Ossrum1 - 8x Gunner, 2x Blaster, 3x Driller, Reinholdt, Eiryss, Tinker
vs
Damiano1 (Kingmaker) - Mule, 3x Nomad, Buccaneer, Trenchers (Max), Steelhead Halberdiers, Steelhead Cav, Kell, Stannis, Sergeant Nick

Rolled up Outflank. Game takes place in an air coned refuge, so no clock.

I lose the roll, get given second and take the side less mucked up by the central obstruction.
Relevant terrain on my side is a blob of rubble on the left, a forest on the right side of the left zone, next to a wall that toes the right zone.
Damiano's side gets a forest, the previously mentioned house obstruction and nothing else that ends up mattering.

My expectation is that I'll get hard to kil Trenchers in my face, basic plan is to shoot anything else if I can, wait out Damiano's feat, use Bulldoze to push the Trenchers away and strip Dig in then shoot them all down.

IPB Image
Round 1: It ends up that Damiano is going up left with Trenchers, the Buccaneer and two of the Nomads. Then Kell is in the forest, ready to core out systems with the best of them. The Mule and Nomad are central, then it's the Steelhead boat on the far right ready to fight over the other zone.
Road to War on Damiano, Surefoot on the Trenchers.

My list of models is such that there isn't exactly a massive amount of counter deploy to be done. want a Spray Bunny either side, I want some Gunners either side. Eiryss goes int eh forest in Ossrum buff range, the only real decision I have to make is to put the second Driller on the let where Damiano's Battlegroup is present.
My jacks go up as their respective halves, one goes straight up the guts for a potential pop Kell move next turn. Ossrum Bullet Dodgers himself, as when I ran him in the Journeyman league when I lost it was usually by assassination. The Gunners shoot down some Trenchers and two of the Steelhead Cav.

I also have a 72% play that is pure gold. Snipe goes on Eiryss, she goes into the left zone, lands a Disruptor bolt on Damiano. Best anti-upkeep around, whilst also being something I'm reasonably sure I'll never get on J'cam again. Eiryss will die now, I made peace with that when I did the play.

IPB Image
Damiano 2: The upkeeps all drop.
In the left zone, the Trenchers move around, four get within stealth range and blow up Eiryss. Expected.
The Buccaneer goes behind the Rubble and knocks down the leftmost Driller. The two Nomads on the left move into the back of the zone.
Kell aims in the forest, takes out the Movement on the up the guts Gunner.

In the centre the Mule and other Nomad move up behind the house, shoots the up front Gunner, hits and boosts damage to put it on two boxes.

On the right zone, the Steelhead horde moves up, halberdiers out the front of the remaining Cav. Stannis shoots the messed up Gunner and kills it.

IPB Image
Ossrum 2: Too much stuff in both zones, so its keep the attrition going.
Ossrum feats, goes into the forest, keeps enough distance to stop Kell or the Mule getting up and shooting him. I miss a pot shot at a Steelhead.

On the left, the spray Bunny goes first to clear a lane for one of the Drillers to go into a Nomad. Kills one, causes a couple toughs. Spray Bunnies then clear out the remaining blockers, though in hindsight we both forgot about Feign Death (Easily solved for me by having the Spray Bunny go last after the Gunners do the clearing work, but oh well).
The left most Driller, for whom the need to Energiser meant I couldn't give any focus after he shook his Knockdown, walks up to the Buccaneer, sits in the Rubble, Drill knocks off the Spear arm.
Fully loaded Driller goes into the Nomad, stabs a bunch, ends with the Nomad being a couple boxes of Cortex.

On the right, Driller walks up, toes the right zone, kills the couple Halberdiers engaging my Bunnies.
The Spray Bunny on this side goes up, shoots down a few Halberdiers and Sergeant Nick to get rid of the tough bubble.
The three Gunners then try to pop more Cav, unlike my last turn they fail somewhat, leaving one on a single box and another on three. Alas.

IPB Image
Damiano 3: Feat gets popped, then he goes to the top left of the left zone.
The messed up Nomad is just in the way, so gets killed by a Freestrike.

The other two are fully loaded and go into a Driller each. The first one hits the left most, takes out three columns and no systems. The other Nomad,on the right most Driller, does a bit better, leaving on 7 boxes with no Drill arm. Kell then aims, shoots the right most Driller (Left one is in rubble and melee. Defence 17 Driller! Feel the power!), leaves it on a single box of Movement.
One Trencher goes up and engages a Gunner, the others stab the single box Driller but don't finish it off.
The Mule moved up earlier, tried a crit fish shot on the left Spray Bunny and did no damage.

On the right zone, the Halberdiers go in and do very little. Cav and Stannis then charge in, they take out a Head system and otherwise do not much.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 11 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #325

IPB Image
Ossrum 3: It's a round later than usual, but let's start the scoring.
The Driller up left living is awkward, as I'm out of control range. Oh well, it's all about claiming the right side anyway.

Left side, the damaged as Driller swings at a Nomad, actually manages to do the maximum amount of damage (2 points.....). The healthier Driller backs into the rubble a little, knocks off the other arm of the Buccaneer.
Spray Bunny kills the Trencher that is engaging. Gunners spread out, kill a Trencher engaging the right Driller and do some scratch damage to the Mule. At the end of the turn the seize the right zone plan will be super telegraphed, so the Mule is positioned to be a contesting model I have to deal with.
Reinholdt and Tinker run around to far away positions, ready late game to run in one by one to contest that zone.

Centre wise, Ossrum puts up Unstoppable Force, camps and hides behind the forest.

Right zone, a Gunner pushes two Cav forward, incurs a Halberdier freestrike because that's how it works. Doesn't lose any systems because Bunny Grids are excellent. The Driller then kills the two regular Cav, Gunner shots kill off Stannis and a Halberdier in the zone, can now score. One Gunner does take maximum damage from a freestrike to lose his movement, goes next to the forest.
Spray Bunny is somewhat boned, tries a melee attack as he has no head and a boosted damage roll would be funny. Misses.

Ossrum gets up with 1 CP.

IPB Image
Damiano 4: The Trencher and Damiano try to finish off the single Movement box Driller and fail, so Kell has to do it.
Also on the left zone, one Nomad kills off the other Driller, the other has to spend a full stack to kill the Spray Bunny and engage a Gunner after the Mule fails on a crit fish shot again.
Buccaneer backs up, boosts to hit and knocks down Damiano, Feign Death stopping the lazy assassination attempts next turn.

On the right the various Steelheads finish off the Spray Bunny.

IPB Image
Ossrum 4: Plans working out, keep at it.

On the left, engaged Gunner just does a jig. One Gunner finishes off the Buccaneer, the other pings the Mule, rolls amazingly and takes out the Cortex, so now it can't get into the right zone. Reinholdt/Tinker keep waiting.

On the right, the two unengaged Gunners finish off the Cav, Driller pops two Halberdiers, now freed up Gunners finish that unit off.
Ossrum runs across to be behind the wall, camping three.

There's some staring at the table, ultimately nothing can contest the right zone (Kell lacking pathfinder is just weird). Ossrum is both unkillable and can't be stopped from getting the winning Dominate in my next turn, so the opposing Mercs concede. Fair enough.

This is the sort of thing that makes me regret my SUSSness. This is the most enjoyable Ossrum list I've played I think, though as anticipated even slightly spread out scenario's produce difficulties. I was contemplating scraping a Bunny and Driller for the Snake, though then the excellent feat is doing a lot less. Still using Reinholdt poorly (i.e not at all).

More games needed with this one.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Feb 12 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #326

Member No.: 4,171

Yes.....yes.......play Not-Gorten. smile.gif

Whatcha taking to Clash?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
User is offlineProfile Card