> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Dec 19 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #661

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 383 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Lucas1 (MO) - Stub
Mirage

Forgot photo and played with the same strategic oversight as the Dodo high command, so this can be a shorty. Also I'm super keen to try some Disciples of Agony and put down Arkadius/crap second list for a bit. Why have one bad list when I can double down? Gia is such a bitch, this seson can't end well for her. Anything but V, loathe that person.

Threw down Mirage because it feels like I haven't played it for a while. Lost first turn, Lucas has a pair of chew chew trains. I get super gravitated on teh idea that the Dracodile will blind a train on teh bottom of one, alas it's an ants sex swing pendulum range short and I again do my classic Dracodile move of doing it anyway to hit one of the arc node jacks.

The return on the top of 2 is that the Dracodile gets his by Disintegration and a Dragon arm debuff rocket and straight up evaporates. Damn.

Bottom of 2 Boomies run up and explode with Jaga feat, my thinking is that I'll kill a train, hold up the other one, hide the piggies behind the obstruction and hope for a Ghostly assassination.

I don't even maange to pop the train alas, the efaarits roll low and the lsit just can't handle losing the Dracodile trivially at all. Gun lines bad for Jaga, which I knew intellectually and now also in my broken spirit.

Top of 3, one of the lights moves up and crit knockdowns the Bullsnappers, allowing Lucas to use the whatsit Force spell to push Greygore into Jaga. A few more pew pews from feating and down she goes.

Kinda reminds me of why I wanted Barny2 Super Soloing to be worth it. Alas. Should probably also move beyond the Skorne Gargs, but dammit, I assembled that godforsaken Hydra, I'm going to put it on the table. Or Nemo3. Or Minion unit spam.

I'm so decisive I could be an Aussie political party working out its leadership.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Dec 20 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #662

Member No.: 4,171

Affie or, like, Batesy running the Merc pair that got first?

Interesting that you had a Minion-off on one of the two top-tables. smile.gif

You got lists sorted for Cancon yet?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Dec 20 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #663

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Dec 20 2018, 09:40 AM) *

Affie or, like, Batesy running the Merc pair that got first?

Interesting that you had a Minion-off on one of the two top-tables. smile.gif

You got lists sorted for Cancon yet?

Affie and god no
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Dec 28 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #664

Game 384 - Naaresh1 (DoA) vs Deneghra1 (BI) - 50 points
Invasion

If your going to use board games to infer a global conspiracy of supreme evil, whatever, I'll listen for the laugh. When your choices of games are Risk and Monopoly though....your board game nights must be ######e.

This time around it's time to finally bust out something different, yet still with a bunch of Averagions (Not really playing well enough at the moment for the usual "win" prefix).

There's a Hydra because dammit I want to play with it. Naaresh because the Morghoul list was more models and thus more work.

50 points is weird list making wise, you basically don't have any room for wasted models. Or you could just take your 75 point list and cut out a bunch of stuff, more on that later.

Dammit, go away spell editing advertising. If I have no mistakes that's a sign that I've been kidnapped.

Denny1 with jacks. Hmmm.....probably don't have enough heavy hitting on my end? Then again they armour values are mostly trash. We'll see. Also Aikios with a pair of Stalkers, so that stuff just has to die.

I lose the die roll, get given first. This means Denny gets a foresty fortress to hide behind, so that's disappointing for the poor dream of spraying her to death. Otherwise major terrain is a central fog bank and an obstruction in the right zone, plus some other stuff that doesn't end up having an effect.

Some proxies here, plus my Naaresh is unpainted, for I am the worst. Got some Steelhead Halberdiers around as paingivers and Cephalyx dudes as Taskmasters. Enemy Ogrun mechanic dudes are repped by three bonejacks.

IPB Image
Round 1: Hydra runs up the centre, Shamblers go up each side. Lamentation is up, Blur is on the Hydra.

Aikos and Stalkers are out on the left, the jacks super far forward and hiding behind a forest, mini-caster fella behind the wall. The Heavy Cryx jacks dive up evenly with Deathjack-jack-jacky on the right toeing behind the obstruction. One Arcnode goes goes central, the other wings out on the right near the Ogrun bois.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Most stuff purposely stayed out of Hydra advance and spray range. Boo. Aikiasoi (Whatever his name is) is half an inch out.

There's a country song with basically the biggest hit makers in it (AFAIK, I don't know the genre). Each start of the verse basically goes:
Willy Nelson - "I was a Highwaymen..."
Wayon Jennings - "I was a Sailor..."
Kris Kristofferson - "I was a Dam Builder..."
Johnny Cash - ###### ya'll, dream bigger. "I FLY A STARSHIP...."
Cracks me up.

It's basically time to futz around and brace for impact. Naaresh shuffles to the bottom of the central zone and feats, the Hydra going to toe the left zone while a Bone Swarm moves up in threat range of Cryx heavies to try to draw them in. Shamblers run around on the left and right to engage stuff.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Leftwise, Aioky goes behind the forest, the Stalkers have a go at coming in, a Shambler gets a freak freestrike on one and takes out an arm and a cortex, so that was a glorious surprise. The second goes into the bounce swarm and bounces off its pot provided corpses and Naaresh feat, Shambler spacing saving the pot and Bokor from being sniped out. An Arc Node runs behind the wall.

Centrally a Seether comes forward and eats the Boneswarm offering. Alas poor bone pile, we hardly knew you.

Lamentation stops Denny and Deathjack playing around, instead she stays behind her forest and the disc spinner ate some Shamblers.

Still very much in the threat range dance game, ergo no ones scoring in this scenario at this point.

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Top of 3 and no scores, so priority is start getting some points on the board. Certainly don't have enough pieces to carry out much an attrition struggle, not with Crippling Grasp and Withering on the board.

Left wise the Bokor burns most of his available swampy zombie henchfellas to kill one of the Stalkers, this frees up a Bone Swarm to walk through the forest and eat Aikaoiseousifer.
The paingivers walk around, one toes the central zone to see if the Seether will counter charge and let the Hydra eat it without DJ or the other Seether coming in. Sadly obvious trap is obvious, so the Hydra toes back a little (Here's hoping a single Seether doesn't kill the Gargantuan....eep.....'ol Hydie then sprays down the arc node that was the last contesting piece on the left zone.
Ingeniously no unit can get into that zone, so Naaresh hikes up his dress and runs to the left (Not judging, nothing wrong with enjoying a breeze around ye nethers).

Rightwise the Taskmaster moves up and gives the right Shamblers a motivational speech that improves their strength (A pic of a cat clutching a branch with the words "hold on" is the real form of steroid).
Bokor goes into DJ, somewhat embarrasses himself, knocking out one arm. In the midst of loads of repair dudes. Not my greatest plan on that one.

I score the left, now 1-0.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Denny stays bravely cowering behind the forest of protection, pops feat on the Hydra and some bits that don't matter massively.

Sure enough the Seether goes into the Hydra, schlubs it a bit. Ergo only does 2/3rds of his health. Hmmmm. This seems bad.
The other Seether twiddles a bit, not keen to run up and lose the piece trade game.

On the R-r-r-r-r-r-r-riiighhhhht (Can't roll my R's in real life, LET ME HAVE MY FANTASY) the arc node pops the task master, DJ eats the Bokor and gets healed up a bunch.

We both score our circle zone, now 2-1.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: Let the heal off commence!

Paingivers, Naaresh burning some of his stack and hyper regen all trigger on the Hydra, it'll be along road until it can face tank another heavy though. It does eat the Seether,so that was nice.
The remaining Bone swarm moves up to the top of my zone, intent being to threaten the enemy objective.

A Taskmaster runs to my back wall, ready to contest the Cryx side in future turns.

Both score our Squirtles, 3-2. It's all about who can do some throw away contesting in a game of Heavies chicken. Ace in the hole has to be the Spirit Cauldron, who starts moving across with the intent to drag in DJ in a couple rounds.

IPB Image
Cryx 4: The Arc Node shuffles up and kills the Task Master off a lucky scatter. Mean.

Seether charges into the Bone Swarm, sadly doesn't tag the zone to contest. Beats the....unliving...marrow I guess....out of the Bone Swarm. DJ keeps getting dem heals.

Both zones, yada yada, 4-3.

IPB Image
Skorne 5: I have a dream. If the bokor can stationary the top Seether, then Naaresh can do some free attacks and Cyclone retreat. Accept he can't navigate the forest, so that dream was brief at best.

Hydra moves up, sprays down the objective, half cripples the Seether. Naaresh goes in, fails to finish the job. Imph. Cyclones away, freestrike misses.

Now 6-4. You'd think we were playing Spread The Net.

IPB Image
Up to Skorne 7: The sides keep scoring, however the Seether is to crippled to do much, DJ comes in to pop the objective and can't quite get a safe spot with limited clock remaining so the Hydra eats it and Cryx concedes with no viable assassination path (Bokor killed the last Arc Node).

Stuff. Hydra no likey Cryx. Shamblers need friendly bodies. Double pot + one Shamblers + x points of living models probably the best base line Disciple load out.
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 32 33 34
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 12:57 PM