2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little Wars Adelaide 2015, July 11, Goodwood Community Centre
rossco
post Jul 7 2015, 01:58 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,283

I'm hoping to try out the Lion Rampant game, maybe play a round of SAGA, pick up a pile of figures from Eureka and shop at the other stalls. Good to see Leadbear's Tufts will be there: I've been eyeing off his wares on eBay for a while.

Just a reminder to everyone who wants to sell things at the Bring and Buy stall. Please download the selling form on the Little Wars Adelaide website and fill it out beforehand, as that will make handing in items on the day a lot easier.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Jul 7 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #22

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,681

I'd love to try Lion Rampant too. The rules have been sitting on my shelf for about 10 months now and I have a bunch of old GW Brettonians and some new Perry Foot Knights lying around ready for it. I'm keen to see Terminator: Genysis in action too.

I'll be running the Dust Battlefield table though, so I invite everyone to come around and have a try of some Weird War II action as we battle over the city of Dover.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
zcar123
post Jul 12 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,769

Just a little note to thank Alan and all those who organised this event for another brilliant show, I hope Little Wars Adelaide continues to gain momentum as this was a very good event, well supported by suppliers and gaming clubs alike.

Also a big thanks to the suppliers who came along, I hope to see you all there next year.

Lots of games to see and join in on and a great bring and buy.

PS thanks to the Darlek who scared the crap out of me as I was walking back in to the building, not something I was expecting to see / walk into especially when my mind was a million mils away...then again maybe I should have expected to see one.

Might sound a bit silly but the moment of the show was the look on a young chaps face when he saw Darth Vader, he was gobsmacked and awe inspired, just wish I had a camera .... still that is one memory that will sick with me for a very very long time, thanks William S, you know who you are ; ).

Really looking forward to next year.

This post has been edited by zcar123: Jul 13 2015, 08:50 AM
+Quote Post
lewchips
post Jul 13 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,598

Leadbear's Tufts attended our first wargame convention as a trader and we couldn’t have wished for better day. Thank you to the organisers of Little Wars for creating such a comfortable environment for a first time attendee.

I also want to say a big thanks to everybody who dropped by to say hello yesterday. Your kind words and feedback were greatly appreciated and encouraging. Even though it is nice to have family and friends tell you nice things about the ‘stuff’ you make, it is quite something else when it is from people who are complete strangers. Thanks!

Finally, I would like to say an extra big thank you to those who helped out. Without your help, it probably wouldn’t have happened or at least would have got pretty messy.

Barry S
(Leadbear)
+Quote Post
rossco
post Jul 16 2015, 02:15 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 6,283

Little Wars Adelaide was a blast! This year I got to just enjoy the convention as a punter and I had a very good day.

I spent a lot of money with Nic at the Eureka Miniatures stall. Bought a pile of Leadbear's products, some good quality paintbrushes, resin WW2 scenery, some dice, plenty of walls and bases from Battlefield Accessories and got to pick through the Bring & Buy stall after the horde had gone through. I also got to check out some other stalls and products for potential use in future projects.

I did get to try the Lion Rampant rules and liked the system, so will be buying the book some time soon.

The Bring & Buy stall went well this year. Looking through the item lists filled out by each seller, it seems Ishtar managed to sell about half of all the items handed in to the stall. Considering there was quite an eclectic mix of goodies and some of the sale prices may have been a little ambitious, that was an excellent effort!

I am looking forward to Little Wars Adelaide next year.

This post has been edited by rossco: Jul 16 2015, 02:17 AM
+Quote Post
Papa Darryl
post Jul 16 2015, 09:44 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,521

Just wanted to pass on my thanks for the invitation to attend LW as a first time trader (Nerdvana Games SA), I had and amazing day and was made to feel very welcome.

Alan and the rest of the organisers were just brilliant and so amazingly helpful.

Thanks to everyone who visisted the stall, I was so busy all day i didnt get a chance to check out the other stalls or many of the gaming tables but it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Darling
post Jul 17 2015, 08:55 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 14,168

Hi All,

I would like to thank Alan for the effort he put into organising and running the day, and also thanks to the others who assisted him.

I ran a game on the day after being a punter last year not sure which was better fun. I did find more people were interested in asking about rules, figures and terrain I had set up than actually playing, but I was the same last year I suppose, I played a couple of the quick games and spent more time looking, learning and shopping.

Cheers!

--------------------
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au
+Quote Post
Squigfabrains
post Jul 21 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 851

Another excellent show Alan.

Enjoyed having a look the games, but some of the interesting ones seemed to be played by the clubs that were running the tables, so I wasn't sure if they were open to participation.
Also liked the fact that we had some costumers there to add some 1:1 scale.
+Quote Post
straylight
post Jul 21 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #29

ragequitter

Member No.: 72

yup, thanks Alan and all of the traders and people wo ran displays. Impressive fo me were the Gettysburg game in 6mm, with purpose built terrain and groundsheet modelled on the original map, the 54mm waterloo extravaganza and TF72 again with their awesome ships.

Enjoyed playing the canoe race game, unfortunately didn't get to try some of the other games including Martin's flouro underlit table of goodness.

Picked up the Blucher Rules from Nic, sold almost all of my bring and buy stuff (thanks Ishtar) so came out almost cost neutral.

Fantastic effort from the traders and all the games on display, the Adelaide clubs really represented, Group North, Garrison and Southern. SAPMA motivated me to get my HMAS SYDNEY in the Straights of Tiran 1991 completed....

what a great day, thanks Alan.

stu

--------------------
bambi
+Quote Post
Squigfabrains
post Jul 21 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 851

Oh yes! I forgot about the cost neutral part of the day! Thanks Ishtar.
+Quote Post
Captain Darling
post Jul 22 2015, 09:26 AM
Post #31

Hi All,

As I was 'tied' to the Longstreet table I was running for the day I didnt take too many photos...

Here's the table before play started not sure who snuck in the picture but there was a lot of interest in the Longstreet rules, the Bacuus 6mm figures and the terrain on the table...
IPB Image

IPB Image

I have never heard Alan mention any links to divinity in his family history but when I took this shot of a pivotal moment of the day, ‘the sausage sizzle announcement’ I couldn't help notice Alan is engulfed in a heavenly glow armata_PDT_08.gif ...
IPB Image

I still have some more pictures to sort through of the day so I may be able to adds ome more here.

I hope others will post up some pictures!

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dagorlad
post Jul 22 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 2,003

It was a brilliant day and I want to thank everyone who helped contribute, both on the day and in the lead up to it.

We had about 20% less attendees than last year - it's impossible to know the full range of factors for that, but the weather was atrocious and so I'm inclined to blame that smile.gif

The Bring and Buy stall was a huge success this year, and Ishtar did a magnificent job (dressed in a giraffe onesie, naturally). So thank you Ishy for your incredible cheer and super-saleswoman skills! It would not have been a success without you.

The games on offer this year, while fewer in number, certainly took up the same floorspace and had more 'spectacle' than last year's event. Thank you everyone, for putting in a game - I know from experience how much effort it takes.

I don't know about you, but I felt the same level of buzz we had last year too, so... in my humble (and biased) opinion, I would like to declare the show a resounding success.

Yes, we'll be back next year. And we'll promote the **** out of it and build up more interest than ever before. So lock in the second Saturday in July as the premier tabletop strategy gaming event in South Australia!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Darling
post Aug 28 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #33

Anyone seen any more pictures from LWA 2015 posted up on thee net anywhere?

I saw lots of pictures being taken on the day and I've searched but got nothing.

There's not even any pics up on the Little Wars site.

All a bit strange as there was a lot going on....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Aug 29 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #34

There's a Facebook link here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...5261&type=3

+Quote Post
Captain Darling
post Aug 29 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #35

Thanks Dust Warrior some good pictures there, shows the variety of the day!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Aug 29 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #36

No problem. The more people who get to see my Dust table, the happier I am.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 08:51 AM