Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving soon, looking for a group
Andru Quinn
post Jun 29 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,959

Hi guys,

I'm Andru, I'm Irish and hopefully by October of this year I'll be moving to Victoria. I've recently I've gotten into bolt action (playing the polish) and DBA and l'art de la guerre (Celts and Germans). I've been building up my armies and have played a few games of each rule set.

Before I invest any more time or money into my armies, I was wondering if there were many players in Victoria where I might be able to pick up games and what would be the best way to stay in touch to see meet-ups and events before I head over? I don't want to pour money into a game if I won't be able to play it for a while.

Or if there's anything else that's popular that I should look into before I go?

Thanks for your time
Andru
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rossco
post Jun 29 2018, 11:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,283

QUOTE(Andru Quinn @ Jun 29 2018, 05:00 PM) *

Hi guys,

I'm Andru, I'm Irish and hopefully by October of this year I'll be moving to Victoria. I've recently I've gotten into bolt action (playing the polish) and DBA and l'art de la guerre (Celts and Germans). I've been building up my armies and have played a few games of each rule set.

Before I invest any more time or money into my armies, I was wondering if there were many players in Victoria where I might be able to pick up games and what would be the best way to stay in touch to see meet-ups and events before I head over? I don't want to pour money into a game if I won't be able to play it for a while.

Or if there's anything else that's popular that I should look into before I go?

Thanks for your time
Andru

Hi Andru.

Depending on where in Victoria you are moving to, I suggest clubs such as the League of Ancients and Nunawading Wargames Association would be a good start. Both clubs are on the internet and the League has a message forum that should be able to help you with contacts.

The League of Ancients folks play plenty of l'Art de la Guerre, but I'm not sure if they play DBA.

Regards,
Rossco.
+Quote Post
thabear00
post Jul 9 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,323

deleted

This post has been edited by thabear00: Jul 9 2018, 09:47 PM
+Quote Post
J.D.Entropy
post Jul 13 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 6,480

The Bolt Action Australia/NZ facebook group is very active. We run regular events in Melbourne (every 2/3 months)

--------------------
Paint little lead men
Pew-pew! Your ork Warboss died
Give me the trophy
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 04:29 PM