Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CoK changes to scoring for scenarios any impact on list build, As it says
marius
post Mar 17 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 169

Looking through the scenario scoring changes, I was wondering what impact (if any) they will have on people's list design.

Certainly like the change, do you think we will see larger units generally to take advantage of the higher scoring those units provide (in addition to their higher nerve).

For example I have been considering the troops of Wolfrider scouts in my Ogre lists, and have been looking at upping those to regiments for 55 points each, as the increased threat of the higher attacks, nerve and scoring seem to be worth it.

Is this something that others have been looking at?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Splinter
post Mar 17 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 642

QUOTE(marius @ Mar 17 2017, 11:52 AM) *

Looking through the scenario scoring changes, I was wondering what impact (if any) they will have on people's list design.

Certainly like the change, do you think we will see larger units generally to take advantage of the higher scoring those units provide (in addition to their higher nerve).

For example I have been considering the troops of Wolfrider scouts in my Ogre lists, and have been looking at upping those to regiments for 55 points each, as the increased threat of the higher attacks, nerve and scoring seem to be worth it.

Is this something that others have been looking at?

Hi dave
Ive always liked hordes in my lists but now have an extra reason to take them so yes it definitely affects my list design.
+Quote Post
Swordmaster
post Mar 18 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,525

Hi marius,

Despite the fact that Unit Strength seems to promote hordes in certain scenarios I do not intend to change much in my army. With 5 regiments, 6 troops and 1 Large Cavalry Hero I have 17 Unit Strength total and I believe that it will be enough to compete in any scenario.

I prefer to keep using pretty much the same army so that I can learn how to use it better. I think I should be able to adapt to the changes anyway smile.gif

The only change I want to apply at this stage is to replace Mage with third mounted Army Standard with Bane Chant. That allows me to save some points for a few other upgrades that would increase the flexibility and maneuverability of the army. I didn't use Heal that much so I think that will be a change for better.

Cheers!
+Quote Post
mikecro
post Mar 18 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,103

Main change that I think we'll see are more cheap regiments for scenario presence. And maybe slightly less individuals

--------------------
QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 1 2017, 11:19 AM) *
Victoria has its MikeCro. All hail Mikecro, MikeCon, and the the state of Mikecronesia

Vagabonds Club
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Mar 19 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 306

I think the main change will be less individual characters for more large infantry/cav sized ones. Individuals are going to be awesome right up until we start adding up unit strength...

Otherwise, cheap horde armies will have more cheap hoards. Elite armies prob took a small hit.

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
mattc
post Mar 19 2017, 01:27 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,630

I'm going to run the same list for a while to judge effect before I change anything
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Mar 20 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 306

QUOTE(mattc @ Mar 19 2017, 02:27 PM) *

I'm going to run the same list for a while to judge effect before I change anything

I'm actually thinking on doing the exact same thing - tinkering only the items that are now out/in. Then working out if I change anything. My Varangur army had 3 individual characters, this is a concern.

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
mattc
post Mar 20 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Mar 20 2017, 10:11 AM) *

I'm actually thinking on doing the exact same thing - tinkering only the items that are now out/in. Then working out if I change anything. My Varangur army had 3 individual characters, this is a concern.

I guess it comes down to what those characters do for you and the roles they play. I have the 3 organ guns and a warsmith (***DarthSabre starts screeming FIIILLLLTTTTHHH*** lol) so that's now a lot of points that can't claim objectives. However their main role has always been killing and being distraction and to me that role doesn't change at all so will see how I go with it.

Although I have had it suggested to me that I should get the new BC item on the warsmith which would involve a re-jig of most of my items to make it work.

This post has been edited by mattc: Mar 20 2017, 04:22 PM
+Quote Post
DarthSabre
post Mar 21 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,556

QUOTE(mattc @ Mar 20 2017, 05:19 PM) *

I guess it comes down to what those characters do for you and the roles they play. I have the 3 organ guns and a warsmith (***DarthSabre starts screeming FIIILLLLTTTTHHH*** lol) so that's now a lot of points that can't claim objectives. However their main role has always been killing and being distraction and to me that role doesn't change at all so will see how I go with it.

Surely that broken leg of yours must be healed by now - time to throw away the crutch armata_PDT_36.gif armata_PDT_36.gif armata_PDT_36.gif

This post has been edited by DarthSabre: Mar 21 2017, 12:36 PM

--------------------
Twitter: Darth-Celestant@darth_michaelc
My Blog : Darth's Miniature Wargaming Adventures
My KoW Journey: http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181459
+Quote Post
mikecro
post Mar 21 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,103

QUOTE(DarthSabre @ Mar 21 2017, 11:58 AM) *

Surely that broken leg of yours must be healed by now - time to through away the crutch armata_PDT_36.gif armata_PDT_36.gif armata_PDT_36.gif

Triple organ guns = the suckz tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 1 2017, 11:19 AM) *
Victoria has its MikeCro. All hail Mikecro, MikeCon, and the the state of Mikecronesia

Vagabonds Club
+Quote Post
mattc
post Mar 21 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(mikecro @ Mar 21 2017, 01:24 PM) *

Triple organ guns = the suckz tongue.gif

If you're thinking about them, they've done their job... rolling average they're not too bad... I do tend to roll over though...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:31 PM