Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would Full Dive VR cause human extinction?
madgamer583
post Oct 23 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,257

If we have full dive VR would there still be people living in real life? Maybe it comes down to personal preference? I am referring to VR brain implants,BCIs or a VR chip connected to a central Ai computer not VR headsets, googles, etc? I am asking hypothetically since i know that full dive VR is still a while away

I know that we need to eat and drink etc but maybe using life support machines to take care of our bodily functions, also I know we need money, but I am sure we can also make money using VR

Maybe in a 100% automated and self-sustaining world?

Or we could have the majority people who spend the majority of time in the real world (in other words split time between real life and FIVR), or some people who spend their entire lives in full time.

If you were to give a rough estimate what percentage of people would stay in the real world instead of using these devices? 75 Percent maybe

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom
post Oct 24 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,405

There are far too many what-ifs.

Why would people spend their entire lives inside a VR sim? People don't spend their entire lives inside video games today. Quality aside, what's the difference?

Why would a large number of people staying inside VR cause human extinction in the first place?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 11:02 AM