> Canvas Eagles, and other solo adventures. Narratives, unfortunately, included
b20f08
post Mar 23 2020, 05:32 AM
Post #101

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 6,935

Just uploaded the newly-revised solo variant of CE (v2.1) to the group's fb page. It can be used for single dogfight combat or larger multi-plane big game battles. Fixed up some minor typos and omissions, removed extraneous unnecessary material. Posted this notice on my blogsite. No link to file unfortunately. Slow learner this old fella.

Hoping to collate the other two reworked variants - Beast Wartz and TAGM - with the soon-to-be finished Hot Breezes version into a viable PDF file for release later this year. Along with other pieces of writings.

This post has been edited by b20f08: Mar 23 2020, 05:34 AM

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan, Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
"Life without regrets is no life at all" Yip Man
"If you lack technique you lose the freedom to create" Paco de Lucia
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Mar 24 2020, 06:23 PM
Post #102

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Reattached solo variant of CE (v2.1). Supercedes all previous versions. Changes/additions in red. Cheers.

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan, Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
+Quote Post
b20f08
post May 24 2020, 12:14 AM
Post #103

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

The Hound scanned the clouds but nothing untowards drew his attention. With his scarf flapping furiously, he slowly banked his aircraft and headed for home base. The solo patrol was done.

===========================

Bernard Fox, meanwhile, was reading the letter from Lady Felicity Fiddlebottom, late wife of Captain Edward Fiddlebottom. A tear welled up in his eye; unfortunately it was his glass eye. Damned blighter was still taking some getting used to, so he thought as he read slowly the delicate yet alluring handwriting of "Lucy" with his one good brown eye.

"Dearest Bunty,
As you may well know, I am passing through on my way to my winter chalet in Schurtzenflugelnobben in the Swiss Alps to enjoy some skiing. I hope all is well with you. Diddims sends his regards; his gout is still causing him much grief but you know Diddims. He refuses medical aid: calls them all charlatans and other ghastly names. The hired help are all terrified of him when he is in his mood. Plenty of scotch no doubt helps but then we are fast running out of crystalware!

I am writing to ask a small favour. One of my continental cousins, a Chantal Figaroute, lives close by to where you're presently stationed. She's all alone since she lost all the male relatives of her family, her father, her brothers, and her husband in the last great push at the Somme. I was wondering if you might call upon her and express my warmest of regards. I would do so myself but it is out of my way as I am currently in Tanganikya enjoying a spot of game hunting with young Rupert and Giselda, friends of mine from the Colonial Office. I have booked passage on the next available steamer out of Dar-E-Salaam but one never knows when that might be. Oh, the heat is so bothersome throughout.

Anyway, would you be such a sweetheart, as a personal favour to me, and call in on her some time soon. Her address is..."

Bernard both scowled and smile. Which gave his expression a peculiarly foxy look. It was noticeable on his morning mirror as he looked up from the scented letter. At that moment, a soft knock on the door behind him broke his self-admiration. Before he could reply in walked Battersley, his batman.

"Sir, your afternoon cigar and whiskey. Uh, Major Quiver wants to see you."

The Fox nodded and waved his interruption away as he took his afternoon constitution, stood up, and brushed himself before heading out of his room to his appointment.

========================================

This post has been edited by b20f08: May 24 2020, 12:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2020 - 09:57 PM