Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Crazy Army Plan - 11 Down and onto Dwarfs & Necron!, 2000 Points for each army!
BIG
post Nov 7 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #381

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 14,152

Hi all,

Been a little quiet on the hobbying front, although I have managed over the last two nights to get brush to model and I really enjoyed it. I have finished the silver on all the remaining Dwarf warmachines and crew (as well as the remaining Characters), so next step will be the green that is the army colour, although I am a little unsure whether I will get much green onto the war machines as they tend to be wood and metal and I am not sure I am interested in painting the wooden parts green. SO it may be up to the crew to tie them in with the other elements. I hope it will reveal itself when I start to put the paint on.

I have also managed to do a little more to Leman Russ and hope to have him finished for Christmas to give to my Brother. He will be the 7th primarch I have done.

My wife was also generous enough to mind the little one so I could go and get a game of 40k in with a friend. His Space Wolves are coming along nicely and we had about a 1,000 point game of 8th edition using Maelstrom of War objectives. I never used Maelstrom of War objectives in 7th edition and I really regret it now. Thoroughly enjoy the rolling objectives and the fact you can somewhat (sort of) ignore the enemy in favour of objectives.

A couple of pics from the game:

IPB Image
I picked up an almost fully painted realm of battle board cheap and it is a great way to transport a battlefield as neither of us have a "proper" sized gaming surface yet. Bulldog clips do a good job of holding it rigid.

IPB Image
I set up poorly and these two Grey Hunter packs devastated the poor Slugga boyz that were placed opposite them. Although the Orks morale is crazy in large mobs.

IPB Image
Things went better for me on the left flank, although the Rhino dropped off another Grey Hunter pack and these Shootas were slowly whittled down after being shot to pieces and then charged. Although they held the Wolves up long enough for my Mega Nobz to wander over and give everything a good kicking.
I managed through sheer luck on the objective draw to come away with a one point win, but it was my Dread that kept me in it. Although the poor guy blew sky high when he solo charged the Vindicator and it managed to hit with the demolisher on overwatch.......

IPB Image
My Nob with Waagh! Banner stayed close to the Dread to make sure it hit like a freight train. He eventually bought the Farm when the Wolf Guard Terminators showed up.

IPB Image
Early on my Warboss and the Dread were a good tag team, but I allowed the Terminators an opportunity to charge the Warboss on his own and they made short work of him. Giving slay the warlord and another maelstrom objective for knocking off the warlord....not a good result for me.

IPB Image
The Wolf Guard were valiant in holding up the dread, but some abysmal dice roles meant they only kknocked a few wounds off of it. They did fall back allowing the Vinidcator to have a good shot at taking out the Dread which was a very clever move.

IPB Image
This was I think turn two as the Slugga Mob was smashed by two Grey Hunter packs. I really stuffed up their deployment and the idea of charging into the teeth of 20 Space Wolves esoecially as they had flamers in all the packs meant the mob just sat there getting riddled with bolt rounds. Hopefully they will forgive me.

But all in all a tense game, I made bad mistakes (as always) early on, but with a lot of luck from the objectives ( got the secure objective 6 twice in succession as well as a special objective came up on objective 6 as well all in a row), meant that I was able to come home in a bolt and snatch an undeserved win.

Hopefully I will have some painting updates to show soon.....

Thanks for reading.

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby;
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fluffy05
post Nov 8 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #382

Member No.: 2,327

Nice write up smile.gif

--------------------
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

My Miniature Painting & Wargaming Crusade!

Currently playing:

Kings of War: Elves, Kingdoms of Men, Dwarves

Napoleonics (Black Powder Rules): British, Austrians
Ancients: (Hail Caesar Rules) Celts, Romans - Early Imperial and Republican
Flames of War: British Paras, British Armoured LW, US Rifles, US Paras, US Armoured, Germans Panzergrenadiers
SAGA: Normans
Hordes: Circle

Working on:

Deadzone: Starter boxed set plus extra factions & terrain
warpath: Watch this space :)
+Quote Post
korocite
post Nov 14 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #383

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran III
Member No.: 4,947

Good to see you getting a game in!
+Quote Post
BIG
post Nov 14 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #384

Member No.: 14,152

Some level of normal life has returned. Making good progress on the dwarfs and hope to have them finished before Christmas. Then I will be onto the Necron since I have settled on a colour scheme.

Plus I will be working on my mates commissioned Deathguard army. Thanks to members on here and eBay I now only have 10 Pox Walkers to get and I have all the models he had in his list.

The commission is for an army of just over 3,000 points. But that includes Mortarion, Typhus and a Spartan Assault Tank so it is a relatively small army for the points. But will be a challenge as I have never done Deathguard before. Hopefully I can do a job hat he is happy with.

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby;
+Quote Post
Red Dragon
post Nov 14 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #385

Member No.: 429

Sounds good! (the commision)

Just did a writers convention. Slowed the painting down and now really tired. biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Zordana @ Oct 25 2011, 11:40 PM) *

Omg you nerd.

[quote name='GT' post='2031419' date='Jun 15 2012, 09:24 PM']
Red still looks awesome.

[color=#336666]"He knows a lot about Doctor Who"
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:26 AM