Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heavy Bolter epic armageddon VIC tournament 2017, June 10-11th (Queen's birthday weekend)
fattdex
post Jun 13 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #61

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 1,422

As far as I can see, the dinos aim to win engagements by tanking all of the incoming hits on the RA, and not bothering to hop the wildboyz out as they will just become kill points, so looking for outnumbering with unit size 11 and going in on prepped targets without blast markers I would say. I think I played the list using basic space marines and got annihalated, but you get target fixation on trying to kill the dinos just because screw those guys, when the BTS is the 3x steam gargants (also tough to crack and they don't need to do anything except sit on the blitz)

--------------------
Monday Knights, over a decade of dice, beer and taking trophies. Based in the Hawthorn area check us out at www.mondayknights.org.au

You either die, or live long enough to do naps
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 13 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 5,112

I can see that list taking on most armies and doing some severe damage. Use the boar boyz formations as initiative sinks, blast any enemy indirectly with the Steam Gargants 90/180 cm range 12BP.

Use the small artillery formation to sit on the Blitz and hope no-one shoots at it, then use the 5 orkasaurus mounted formations as a battering ram. Assault -CC/FF the enemy, and do not even bother to unload the wildboyz. Use the Wyrd Boyd as your AA, even if it somewhat poor.

Most enemy that rush up to assault will get pounded unless you can break some of the Orkasaurus formations.

So how to handle the army?

Take out the Steam Gargants. That means lots of things like Terminators in Thunderhawks, or Wraithguard/Wraith lords deploying from wraithgates, or Vampire Raiders. Dark Eldar use Talos from either a Slavebringer, an executioner, or a portable wraithgate.

Gang up on his initiative sinks. Keep your force as far away from his orkasaurus formations, and take out the boarboyz, if Eldar/ Dark Eldar move-shoot-move and use cover. Use any titans at range, unless they have TK weapons in close, and then use them once his numbers are low, pick off his orkasaurus one at a time, and use your speed to out manoeuvre his slower force. (I am thinking of Tau, Eldar, White Scars, and Dark Eldar here).

Make sure you have enough MW, lance and TK weapons to reduce his save chances. If he splits up to take objectives, then kill his formations - overwhelm him and then keep him off balance. If he concentrates his larger formations and tries to bully your army, then keep moving, hit his isolated, broken or weaker formations, until you control the table.

I know this sounds easier than it might be on the table, but I think that is the general strategy I would use.

Imperial Guard, Necrons, Knights, Titans, and other slower lists with some or a lot of decent range, and artillery need to concentrate their numbers and hit his artillery to suppress or kill it off. Kill off his smaller lighter formations (boar boyz), and cause as many blast markers on his 5 main formations before they get too close.

If you can pick on those Orkasaurus with the AA Wyrd Boyz, then once they are broken, pound his army with any air power you have. You might not have the time to do all of this before he gets close enough, and if his artillery works well, you might lose some of your most powerful formations.

His army looks weakest against the various Eldar lists, Dark Eldar, Tau list built for speed and lots of marker lights and that have enough MW or TK weapons, and a lot of the Space marine lists. As to the others, well good/bad dice rolls, each players tactics and terrain would decide.

It is a tough list to face off against.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Sian-Hann Eldar, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades and White Scars. Most of them over 8000 points each.

120,000 points of 40K, mostly Chaos Marine and Cultist. Sisters of Perfection (Slaaneshi Sisters), Orks mainly Kult of Speed, Dark Eldar, Sisters of Silence, Adeptus Custodes, 30K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites.

Warzone Resurrection - Bauhaus, Imperial (MOW and WolfBane), Mishima, Capitol, and Brotherhood all over 8000 points each.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Ottomans, French, Russians, Mercenaries.
+Quote Post
fattdex
post Jun 13 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #63

Ask Ben about using tau to win assaults vs orkeosaurus!

--------------------
Monday Knights, over a decade of dice, beer and taking trophies. Based in the Hawthorn area check us out at www.mondayknights.org.au

+Quote Post
Kn'Thrak
post Jun 13 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 1,930

QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Jun 13 2017, 10:56 AM) *

How does it go against guard?

Given that the only macro I had (other than commisars) was a Lunar class, really bloody well.

However a dino unit did bounce off a mech co. with fire supports when it assaulted - Sam didn't make that mistake again and surrounded it with 3 dino units. I simply didn't have the activations to counter or the macro to make a dent.

--------------------
Please note, I can't receive PM's

I wish people would stop blaspheming comparing Lemmy Kilmister to God. He might be a decent chap, but he certainly isn't Lemmy.

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Jun 20 2014, 06:31 PM) *

I'm really a bit clueless tho

+Quote Post
fattdex
post Jun 13 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #65

Nek minit, 3 shadowswords and 2 deathstrikes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Norto
post Jun 13 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 13,414

steam gargants are 60cm macro template not indirect.

+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Jun 13 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #67

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

Yeah the guard I saw them struggling with was the shadowsword, warhound, leman Russ list.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 06:41 AM