Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This is more bigger and more more awesome, Adeptus Titanicus
Monkey Nuts
post Sep 11 2018, 01:25 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,988

Random thought!

With the ease at which people can create (or at least find shared by individuals who can easily create) and have printed component accessories these days, and some of the weapon options that are now turning up for Adeptus Titanicus are magnificent, is it a bad marketing move by GW to not release additional weapon options in plastic (which they have confirmed they are doing), until a few months after the release of the game?

I think it is a poor choice to do so. To capitalise on cash flow from the optional weapons, they should have released them alongside the models as they release them - so Warlord weapon options co-released with the Warlord etc.

Certainly some people will still buy the plastic weapon options, I will be, but a great many will already have printed their own beautifully done weapon options...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Sep 11 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #82

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Monkey Nuts @ Sep 11 2018, 01:25 PM) *

Random thought!

With the ease at which people can create (or at least find shared by individuals who can easily create) and have printed component accessories these days, and some of the weapon options that are now turning up for Adeptus Titanicus are magnificent, is it a bad marketing move by GW to not release additional weapon options in plastic (which they have confirmed they are doing), until a few months after the release of the game?

I think it is a poor choice to do so. To capitalise on cash flow from the optional weapons, they should have released them alongside the models as they release them - so Warlord weapon options co-released with the Warlord etc.

Certainly some people will still buy the plastic weapon options, I will be, but a great many will already have printed their own beautifully done weapon options...

I think it's more that they are waiting to slot it into their release schedule and to gauge interest in the actual game first.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Sep 11 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #83

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,988

QUOTE(Krefey @ Sep 11 2018, 01:34 PM) *

I think it's more that they are waiting to slot it into their release schedule and to gauge interest in the actual game first.

Yeah, this could be true. I didn't really take into account how busy GW have become in recent times with the bringing back and supporting of so many of their game systems, which is a great thing!

I'm still feeling some annoyance that they didn't bring WHQ back in an Old World setting, but instead brought it back in the AoS setting armata_PDT_33.gif

Looking forward to BFG when they finally get around to doing it again - all those cool plastic space ships will be awesome - I did see the other day an advert for a new BFG release on Steam coming up soon-ish.

Well I hope that they still get some great sales from the plastic weapon sprues when they are released (I'm guessing November), enough to encourage further additions to the game, like perhaps Eldar Titans, and eventually maybe even some Epic stuff...
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 01:46 AM