Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star Wars Legion?, Replay value?
Fluffy05
post Jun 14 2018, 02:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,327

Hi Guys,

I am so close to caving and getting into Legion but I wanted to find out if you think the game has much replay value?

My concerns are:

- Like X-Wing you will need to buy all releases to get one or two upgrade cards (I cannot afford to do this)

- With Empire vs Rebels is there going to be further Armies that are playable that add variety?

* I really want to see whole new factions and even Clone Wars releases smile.gif

* Playing the same (or very similar) lists would be very boring very quickly.

How are you finding the game?

Many thanks & Happy Gaming,

Allan

--------------------
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

My Miniature Painting & Wargaming Crusade!

Currently playing:

Kings of War: Elves, Kingdoms of Men, Dwarves

Napoleonics (Black Powder Rules): British, Austrians
Ancients: (Hail Caesar Rules) Celts, Romans - Early Imperial and Republican
Flames of War: British Paras, British Armoured LW, US Rifles, US Paras, US Armoured, Germans Panzergrenadiers
SAGA: Normans
Hordes: Circle

Working on:

Deadzone: Starter boxed set plus extra factions & terrain
warpath: Watch this space :)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dasar
post Jun 14 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,762

Having to chase upgrades was one of the things that FFG said they want to fix, so far that's been true.

Time will tell with factions.

--------------------
The Tyrant of BADgaming; got a problem with one of them tell me first.
+Quote Post
Erryll Flynn
post Jun 18 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,114

I've been playing Legion since it dropped.

The cards you get with getting only one faction so Xwing style doesn't exist which definitely was a big draw card for me.

The 2 sides are Empire and Rebels. The upgrades are flagged as light and dark side which allows spread of time periods they could go with. At the moment the focus seems to be on movies 5-6. Seeing FFG and their Destiny and Imperial Assault releases I am sure we will see other time periods included but nothing I have seen or read is finite just all speculation and wishes.

At the moment with the current releases the games can be a little same same. Can't really change that until more units drop. Even just the addition of the Spec Ops units will be great as you wont see the same troops lists and will see some variety. The operative add on allows so much opportunity also as Boba is an operative which opens up Chewie, Bosk, IG88, R2 etc.

The game plays well. A little bit of Xwing plus Imperial Assault plus 40k. Movement is smooth, dice pool mechanics are quite nifty once you get a handle on it. The initiative bidding is not the novelty I thought it would be and does add a tactics opportunity for the more experienced player.

Hope that helps.

This post has been edited by Erryll Flynn: Jun 18 2018, 04:21 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2018 - 03:39 AM