Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30K Campaign Tracking Website, What would you like to see?
Dono1979
post Jul 24 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Resin Whisperer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,612

Hi all,

So what would people like to see in ways of functionality for a 30K Campaign tracking website both in terms of the players armies and also the battles that they take part in?

At this point I am looking at coding the following features:

Army (Army specific, not player specific, so one player could track multiple armies):

Name (entered by the TO or Player once to create a profile)
The name of the force, i.e. Kildrech Crusade, 1st Company Imperial Fists

Legion (entered at profile creation)
Pretty self explanatory, however the title would be more generic to cater for Mechanicus forces

Loyalty (thinking of automating this based on the games and the sides the army takes part in)
The side on which the army has taken, if all games are on the Loyalists than it will be Loyalist, vice versa for Traitor, however thinking of having a number of level in between, like Questionable, Under Suspecion etc.

Emblem (uploaded and entered once as profile creation, can be modified)
An image which can be used as an avatar for the army, or just a generic image based on the armies Legion.

Battle Record (automatically updated and linked to battle reports submitted by the TO or player)
This will display the major events which the player used their army at and the associated Battle Honours attached to it, it will also provide a link to the Battle Report itself elsewhere on the website. For players who have formed a local league or mini campaign, a seperate section can also be created to help track those games seperately.

Forces Engaged (this would be automatic, but would require some pretty comprehensive battle report information from the TO's, it may be a little too intensive for the regular report)
Lists the opponents the army has played against, along with the battle results, although this would require a lot of data entry and records keeping on the part of the TO's and who ever is submitting the battle report to the website, it may not be a 100% updated component.

Background (this is a section which can be updated by the player themselves and updated as much as they like)
This can be as short as a single sentance or as long as multiple pages, linking onto other sections

Pict Gallery (another section to be updated by the player themselves)
A place to store pictures of their army in action, displays, completed models etc

Battle (Event specific, detailing the overall battle or campaign not each segment):

Name (entered by the TO )
The name of the battle, encounter or campaign: Battle for Orpham Deep, the Vengeance Campaign, Tinkal Encounter etc

Date (real date entered by TO, converted to 30K date format automatically)
Pretty self explanatory

Location (Entered by the TO)
Includes the Sub-Sector, System and Planet of the battle [the website will have a completely populated Sector]). The specific Sub-Sector and System will be determined by the real world location of the event, to try and group geographically close events together in close proximity of space, so visiting players from neighybouring states will be shown as traveling across shorter distances in space to get the battle etc.

Forces Involved (entered by the TO, existing player profiles will be linked automatically, non existing ones will have a placeholder created)
A list of the players armies involved in the event.

Results (entered by the TO)
The outcome of the battle, at this point in time anticipated to be a simple Traitor/Loyalist victory rather than a complete breakdown of the battle as past experience has shown that people will simply not enter the data in.

Battle Honour (entered by the TO)
A section which is going to be linked to an ongoing aspect of the campaign (at least run in our area) which will give each army involved in the encounter a little bonus ability like the Legacies of Glory in IA2 second edition but on a smaller scale, like a single non character infantry model gains a master crafted bolter because the battle was on a Forge World renowned for Botlers. So from that point forward every time that army is used in a battle participating in the events they can use this little boon. (again this is a localised idea at this point, but people can ask about the series setup we are planning and can join in as well).

Background (entered by the TO)
This can be as short as a single sentance or as long as multiple pages, linking onto other sections detailing the battle

Pict Gallery (entered by the TO)
A place to store pictures event

The entire website will be setup in a similar fashion the AUS40K.com website, with an entry page showing a summary of the entire website with the sector map, snapshots at players armies, recent battles, upcoming events etc. People can then navigate either through to the Army galary or the Sector map, with the army galary focusing the sides Legions, then the armies and the Sector map showing the battles at their locations in their specific Sub-Sector/System/Planet (which is determined by the real world locations).

It will be a Wiki setup, so easy to modify and update, with a very large emphasis on player content and a place to expand ones background etc.

So as asked at the top, what other features would people like to see in such a website?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marshal_Loss
post Jul 24 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,562

Maybe a section showcasing the various commanders of the Legions/Mechanicum that take part? Lets people lavish a bit of attention onto their HQ if they like, and write up a little background separate from the main force.

That way you could go to the section and see the various 'personalities' of the campaign, which would be pretty neat imo

--------------------
LUPERCAL
The Unblinking Eye
A blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Jul 24 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Resin Whisperer

QUOTE(Marshal_Loss @ Jul 24 2014, 04:24 PM) *

Maybe a section showcasing the various commanders of the Legions/Mechanicum that take part? Lets people lavish a bit of attention onto their HQ if they like, and write up a little background separate from the main force.

That way you could go to the section and see the various 'personalities' of the campaign, which would be pretty neat imo

So something in the Event/Battle section where each player has their HQ/Warlord pictured and posted in their to represent the command cadre for that battle?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Aug 27 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #4

Resin Whisperer

A quick update on the main page face lift, just a little bit more coding in the background and a couple of tutorial to write and that section will be complete. Currently concentrating on the finalising the Army creation section and the last few bits of the reports, sirrob01 and I running through some sanity checks and pressure tests in the next 24 hours to try and hammer out the final format.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Sep 8 2014, 09:33 AM
Post #5

Resin Whisperer

Testing has now commenced with about a dozen Beta players registed on the site with armies and starting to lodge reports.

The army creation functionality has been completed as has the Summary of opponents. This will automatically update as players lodge Skirmish Report.

The functionality linking Battle Reports (fluff) and associated Influence against a planet is now being worked upon so that each game will increase the factions influence over a planet towards the eventual control/ownership of said planet.

A lot of guides and explanations pages have also been setup and being polished.

Global Heresy format created and also being trialed, which is effectively a World wide campaign running every three months where all players no matter where they are can lodge battle and skirmish reports against the same group of planets to determine the Systems outcome. This will be an ongoing feature with the target planets changing every 3 months (could change time frames if required), along with associated fluff, similar the GW global campaigns.

Lastly just finalising the the main page payout and what will be displayed etc. Behind the scenes coding will continue over the next three months or so to clean up large chunks of coding and make things a lot more streamlined and easier for people to edit and use without fear of corrupting things.

If there are more people wanting to jump on board the Beta testing please get in touch with me, you are more than welcome, just be aware the site is still under modifications and so is changing occasioanlly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Oct 14 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Resin Whisperer

Hi all,

I am very please to announce that the AUS30K.com website is now at an open Beta stage and is available for use by anyone and everyone playing 30K games.

There will be some ongoing cosmetic changes to the Sub-Sector maps and some general cleanup of untidy code as it is identified, by the vast majority of the websites functions are now up and running. Some of the primary features:

- Users can create multiple Heresy force profiles for various legions (new factions will be added as they are released by FW)

- Any games played and recorded using the Skirmish reports will track that armies win/loss stats against your opponents

- Battle reports allow for more detailed and fluffy battle reports, including attaching of photos, stories and linking of multiple armies

- Campaigns can be run within the system by groups of players, you can create your own Systems/Planets or use existing Available ones

- There will be an ongoing Worldwide (Global Heresy) campaign which ANYONE can participate in, lodging their games results will contribute influence for your faction to take control of that particular world. The campaign will move on every three to six months.

Please feel free to go and visit the website and browse around, there are a number of help pages towards the bottom of the main page which explains all of the concepts and functions of the site. If you are interested you can create an account and start making army pages and recording battles.

If anyone has any problems or questions please do not hesitate in contacting me and I can help you out. If you are part of a group of players interested in starting a campaign, things can be customised to work with you to a certain extent as well as having planets and systems created for you.

Have fun and please let me know what you think.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Da Smas
post Oct 14 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,998

Looks great man. Let us know when its up and running. I know ill be spending lots of time on my profile.

--------------------
Tip 5: Move your dead of the table quickly, if your someone who carefully packs each model, Infantry Guard is not for you. You must care as much for your model as an Commissar does for men's lives. By Dieing they have failed you and should be removed form your sight as quickly as possible.

QUOTE(Dice Array @ Dec 8 2013, 05:07 PM) *

you would ten mice should table lengthwise?

+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Nov 19 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #8

Resin Whisperer

With the release of Book IV, we get to introduce two new Army Lists into the 30K games; Solar Auxilia (Imperial Army) and Knight (Adetus Mechanicus).

I am hoping to have both of these as options for creating army pofiles on within the week, however I am just trying to work out which way I will fit them into the scheme of things;

- Should Solar Auxilia be its own entry like a specific Legion or should it just be covered as part of the Imperial Army?
- Similarly should Knights be grouped under Adeptus Mechanicus or get their own sub section as well?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Marshal_Loss
post Nov 20 2014, 02:22 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,562

Have Solar Auxilia as an entry of the Imperial Army, and make the Knights separate to the Mechanicum. SA are a branch of the Imperial Army whereas the Knights can be their own independent force

--------------------
LUPERCAL
The Unblinking Eye
A blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Dec 6 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #10

Resin Whisperer

There are some really awesome battle reports getting submitted in the Beta. Thanks to everyone who is writing the fluff for their games, I have been enjoying reading them all, and by the view count a fair few other people have been as well!!

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=Cambrius

--------------------
+Quote Post
lonehunter
post Dec 11 2014, 05:16 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 242

I'm not playing yet but about to start building the army, can I join just to read stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Dec 11 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #12

Resin Whisperer

QUOTE(lonehunter @ Dec 11 2014, 06:16 PM) *

I'm not playing yet but about to start building the army, can I join just to read stuff.

You certainly can, more than happy for you to start writing fluff and suchlike as well if you like.

We will hopefully have the Blog functions up and running first thing next year as well, so you can use it to document your build if that is something you enjoy as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Jan 29 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #13

Resin Whisperer

Lots of news but I will hold off for a little while longer for the full update. I am in the midst of working with Sirrob01 to incorporate a number of new extensions onto the AUS30K website which will give a lot of new options in coding side of things. However some of the main things which will be implemented will be:

The ability to vote on things; this will be used to allow people to vote on their favourite battle report, army page, campaign briefing etc There will be a number of upcoming compeitions built into the Global Heresy where voting will determine the prize winner, more on that in a few weeks.

User Ranks and Friending; Users will be assigned a rank based on the number of edits, posts, reports, votes etc This is a side effect of some of the other additions we are putting in and rather than deactivating, it might be fun having them.

User Blogs; This is one of the major things I have been looking to implement to allow users to create an army blog and also to allow me to create a central AUS30K blog which will keep people up to date with the changes and new events occuring within the system.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Feb 17 2015, 10:30 AM
Post #14

Resin Whisperer

The long planned upgrade has finally been implemented!

My apologies for the delay, we ran into some unexpected problems which Sirrob01 managed to overcome by writing his own Templates and extensions, many many thanks to him for his continued support of the website!

With this latest upgrade the website now has Blog capability and most of the announcements will now be detailed through the website itself, please pop along and have a read of the latest changes, in summary we now have;
- Blog functionality
- Voting
- Comments
- Social Profiles

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=Main_Blog

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Mar 2 2015, 10:25 AM
Post #15

Resin Whisperer

The latest post on the www.aus30k.com blog has been added; discussing the next phase of the Global Heresy, introduction of Orks, a voting competition on Battle Reports and a few more tidbits.

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=...resy:_Orks!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Mar 4 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #16

Resin Whisperer

For those wanting to add an Ork army to the tracking system on www.aus30k.com I have now add the Ork army profile coding and it is good to go:

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=Category:Orks

In addition, Orks can now gain influence on planets and if they surpass either of the other Loyalist or Traitor influece then they will gain control of that planet with their own emblem now coded in as well. Even though most of the time Orks fight amongst themselves, this is of little concern to the Imperium, if there are more Orks than Imperial forces than they have effectively lost control of the planet (even if the planet is battle ground for the Orks), and so for this reason all Orks should have the Orks Allegiance even if they are from competing Clans.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 12:06 AM