Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shipping costs, Just got a little shock...
Caliginous
post Aug 4 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Blistering Barnacle
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 5,646

Hi guys - was there a change to your shipping costs recently? I had three items in my cart, which was just some paint pots - and the shipping was nearly $15. I added a pot of pigment and it went up to $21 for the shipping!

I ordered the same items at one of your competitor's sites and the postage was $6.20 - the cost of the items was practically the same, maybe $2 more overall.

Surely even just using stock standard express bags would be cheaper - I know three paints and a pot of pigment would easily go in a 500g express bag. It has been a while since I did a small order with you, but I remember it always being around $10.

I have used you guys a lot over the years and spent a lot of coin with you as well - easily a couple of grand. It seems that ordering under $150 of goodies is a little prohibitive now though unfortunately. $20 shipping for a small package being sent domestically is very, very expensive...

Cheers
Cal

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zippy Wonderdog
post Aug 4 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 333

Agreed they need to reassess their packaging policy. Sending a small item or items in a large box stuffed with newspaper is not amusing at all. Not when you could put the same item in a small box and slip it into a 500g postal satchel which you can buy in bulk.
+Quote Post
thecombatcompany
post Aug 5 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 11,022

Thanks for the heads up guys, we will look into this to see if it has gone out of whack somewhere. Cal, can you email us directly and let me know what you ordered or were trying to order. It definitely shouldn't add $6 extra post for a pigment. So I would like to try and replicate your issue.

Unfortunately getting freight 100% right is nearly impossible. At the moment we put all our rates into our website, weight every item in the warehouse and then it should calculate the freight exactly as it is charged to us. We subsidise freight at $150, but remember that some competitors may get better freight deals or may be subsidising freight on smaller orders. We were forced onto the eparcel system a few years back and just sending a parcel across town starts at $7.50.

In regards to the packaging and boxes. Again this is difficult. The guys are taught to pack things so they don't break or bend, in the same way they are taught to pack books in plastic zip bags so they don't get damp in transit. We are only charged by AUS Post for the weight of the parcel, not its cubic size. So the guys use the closest size box and add some paper to give it some protection. They don't muck around trying to find smaller boxes sometimes as this take time, and spending more time on each order means we can't pack as many orders as we need to sometimes. Its a balance of keeping the goods protected and packing orders as efficiently as possible.

We will have a look into it this week and see what we can do.

--------------------
It's your turn!

The Combat Company

w. http://www.thecombatcompany.com.au
e. russell@thecombatcompany.com.au
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thecombatcompany
Twitter: @combatcompany
Over 10,000 products, in stock, always discounted, free freight deals, price matching, unlimited awesomeness

Warmachine, Games Workshop, Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Malifaux, Bolt Action, Gale Force Nine, Infinity, Firestorm Armada, Cool Mini Or Not, Chessex, Micro Art Studio, Secret Weapon, Avatars of War, Badger Airbrush, Minitair, , Anima Tactics, Hell Dorado, CNC Workshop, Corsec Engineering, Freebooters Fate, Bushido, Juweela, Plastcraft, Systema Gaming, Tor Gaming, Warsenal, Modifx, The Army Painter, Pig Iron, Vallejo, Zap-A-Gap, Ultraforge Miniatures, Amera, Gripping Beast Saga, Plastic Soldier Company, 4 Ground, Revell
+Quote Post
Caliginous
post Aug 5 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #4

Blistering Barnacle
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 5,646

Hi guys - thank you for the reply smile.gif

I have sent you a PM with two screenshots of my basket showing the shipping costs.

Cheers!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 05:00 AM