Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Claiming Objectives
Waaagh!!!
post Sep 12 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,748

When measuring to claim an objective, are people measuring from a models base, or any point on a model?

If I place an objective on the 2nd floor of a ruin, will a Knight be able to claim it, seeing the hull of the knight is still technically within 3 inches?

The reason I'm asking is because knights/dreads/vehicles can't move up floors in a ruin, so if it's measured from base to objective they can't claim objectives not on ground level.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Sep 12 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,506

The only thing I could find for objectives is on pg 226 that says you control an objective if you have more models within 3" of the centre of the objective marker than your opponent. It doesn't mention where you measure from but it has always been from the base or hull so unless someone can find it I would go with that.

Otherwise not much sense in stopping certain models from climbing etc buildings if you can just stand outside.

--------------------
Quote of wisdom - Semper Fidelis

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
+Quote Post
beasovich
post Sep 12 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24

Yep 3" from the centre.

Your question is a bit hard to answer pending actual placement. For example if it's right up against the wall and a Knight becomes base to base with the building then it would be able to claim it as it would be within 3" of the centre even if on a diagonal.
+Quote Post
beasovich
post Sep 12 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 24

Double post sorryl.

This post has been edited by beasovich: Sep 12 2017, 08:26 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 04:55 AM