Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> using named characters with a custom paint scheme
dvaston
post Aug 15 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,183

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. (I remember there used to be a "40k rules questions" sub-forum somewhere but it seems to have gone?)

If you have a custom paint scheme (e.g. orange) for space marines, could you say they are "orange" Dark Angels and then use a name character like Azrael?

On page 74 of the Dark Angels codex it is talking about using successor chapters and replacing the <Dark Angels> keyword with the keyword for your successor chapter e.g. <Angels of Absolution>.
Regarding named characters it mentions:

"Note, however, that you cannot do this for named characters - for example, Azrael is the Supreme Grand Master of the Dark Angels chapter, and not any successor chapter"

Just wondering is the purpose of this rule to just avoid you having a Dark Angels named character in the same detachment as a named character from an official successor chapter.

(e.g. like having Dante (Blood Angels) and Gabriel Seth (Flesh Tearers) in the same detachment, which I assume wouldn't be legal?)

But if you just had Azrael and no other named characters in your detachment would it be ok to have a custom paint scheme for them?

I.e. could you have a "counts as" Dark Angels army?

Just wanted to get an idea if this would be legal / allowed at a tournament / would this be a douche thing to do etc.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 03:44 PM