Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Aug 13 2016, 03:00 AM
Post #61

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

IPB Image
Merc 2: Alpha time! Ossrum feats and moves to my friendly flag.
The Basher slams the middle Shocktrooper, breaking the Shield wall, then buys attacks to kill the two left near him.
Driller goes into the Juggernaught, takes out the right arm and cortex.
One Gunner finishes off the Shocktrooper I slammed, the other slams the Decimator back. The Spray Bunny then runs to ensure the Decimator can't charge Ossrum, I get a CP.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Things I forgot, the Steady spell and Koslov's Sidestep.
The Khador jacks go to positions of annoyance.
Koslov feats, takes off a Gunners head to sidestep to Ossrum. he buys a couple attacks and fluffs them, then gives up camping three.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Ossrum casts Unstoppable force, takes a freestrike from Koslov for a huge amount of points, then Energises the Battlegroup around.

I then use Bulldoze to get Kozlov in range of a walk from the Driller, fully loaded Driller goes into Kozlov. Needing 7's, I miss the opening Drill attack which makes everything questionable. I land the next one, triggering Sustained attack, burn through all his focus to do enough damage to kill Kozlov.

The Dice gods decide to balance out Kozlov's terrible attack rolls by having him pass tough. I have no other attacks I can put on. Balls.

The Juggernaught is relatively crippled, so I run the Basher to get in Kozlov's way and stop another Side Step run.

IPB Image
Khador 4: Decimator moves up, shoots down Ossrum. Dangit.

Multiple egregious errors, starting with the Fire for Effect on Ossrum in turn 1. BULLET DODGER BRAIN! BULLET DODGER!
My feat timing was right, I'm ok with the heavy activations, but the attempt to score was greedy. Ossrum should have hung back behind a pair of Bunnies.
Assassination run wise, Ossrum should have just camped two, but Kozlov away himself, then I could use Bunnies to get in the way as the Driller fails his kill rolls.

Glorious failure, but good stuff. I think there were puns said afterwards though, my brain has this weird white noise filter over the conversion that immediately followed Ossrum's body being splot in twain.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 13 2016, 03:09 AM
Post #62

Elsifer appears, it's Koleslaw once more!

This time in place of Shocktroopers we have some Widowmaker, for whom this is a sad day.

IPB Image
Round 1: Stuff moves up! Ossrum gets damn Bullet Dodger this time!

IPB Image
Merc 2: My Jacks delete the Widowmakers. Ossrum forgoes going up to threaten the score (Sweet sweet painful learning experiences).

Khador 2: Koslov goes to the Khador flag, jacks move up.

IPB Image
Merc 3: I feat and again keep Ossrum the hell away.

The heavies go in and destroy the opposing Jugernaught (Proxy Juggernaught is only Juggernaught allowed!). The Gun Bunnies run and surround the Decimator.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Kozlov drops his upkeep, charges a Bunny to get the Decimator to try to shoot down Ossrum. Like the last iteration of this caster, the dice rolls for the attacks are just terrible and it doesn't get done. The Decimator also has a poke and fails to kill the blocking Gun Bunny. Glorious.

Merc 4: The damaged Bunny headbutts Kozlov, Fully loaded Driller goes in and kills him.

Why do I keep trying this weird stuff?! Just make a wall with the Gun Bunnies! STOP FAILING ME BRAIN!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 13 2016, 04:24 AM
Post #63

Being a provide night of War Dollies, last one for the evening was a match into Canberra's old reliable, the not Khadoran people that wear red. Sometimes. In their studio scheme. I think.

Anyway, Jeffergeant is running Xekaar, modded since our last match to include the Darius slayer.

Xekaar1 - Bronzeback, Gladiator, Shaman, Brute, Marketh Puffinator, Animantarax, Slingers, Dakar, Paingivers, min Bloodrunners

Take and Hold was on the table and I was to lazy to move, so bam, scenario selected.

I went with Bart, a traditional list that I'll now have to reconsider with Rangers being kosher in Kingmakers, who knew tramping around as suicide scouts would be so attractive?

Bart1 - Galleon, 3x Nomad, Reinholdt, Taryn, Devil's Shadow Mutineers, Rockbottom

I won the roll and picked second, the better for scoring and getting more rounds of Galleon shooting (First part of statement true, latter half probably meaningless. I was already on that side dammit and has been a running theme the Sloth is my spirit animal, especially in regards to jogging).

Key points being the Commodore Cannon line of fire was slightly restricted by a forest not far from it, my flag had a nice wall of protection, Skorne had the Animatarax put down centrally then the whole force went heavily on the left side offset on the AD line by the Bloodrunners, in Hindsight I wish I'd asked Jeff what the overall plan was as it looks like the less preferential side to go for the refused flank.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: Blood Runners run up and spread out in front of the Animantarax, who gets whipped, Medicated and advances behind them.

The rest of Skorne move forward, leaving them on the far left. The Slingers in particular are a spectacular distance from where is preferable, I have another turn at least before they are relevant to me. In examination, my deployment was necessarily compact by dint of the forest near my deploy, potentially had I deployed without that constraint the Skorne deployment would have been far more effective than it looked at this point.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Plan is to move up and shoot down the Animantarax, then kill heavies as chance permits. The Brute Animus is annoying, but oh well.

Bart does the old Batten, Hot Shot and advance. He then sprays down a Bloodrunner with a boosted hit roll (Should have been Reinholdted instead of boosting, but I failed to notice it until Bart had already been activated and moved).

Galleon advances, rolls average amount of shots, launches at the Animantarax, sadly without a harpoon having any chance of getting involved. I miss one shot, which scatters and kills a Blood Runner. The Siegenoceros is left on one box, and I am left on a small hillock of woe.

The Commodore is sadly out of range to shoot the Animantarax by a couple inches, though the Brute looked to be in Shield Guard Range anyway. He fires off an AoE that kills another Blood Runner.

Money Shotted Zira moves up, manages to kill the Blood Runner behind the wall, sweetness.

The two Nomads on the right then run to shield the zero camp Bart, having been scarred by the Ossrum games.

I then run the left Nomad on erroneous math. I internally calculated the Animantarax threat at 14 in on the charge, making the old "Rush only on Warbeasts" mistake. The Nomad therefore goes to a silly spot in front of the Galleon where he most certainly should not have been. More on that shortly.

Taryn stays behind the Galleon, because I clearly still don't know how to use her.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: The remaining pair of Blood Runners get the hell out of the way, presumably they'll be the first throwaway pieces to stop me scoring in turn 3.

Marketh proves to be out of useful range, so Xekaar rolls up his sleeves. First he gets a benediction off the Shaman for more range on his magicness. Xekaar leasurely strolls up, in a contemplative mood more suited to a Japanese Meditation garden. he then confounds the left and the nearer of the right Nomads with the conception of Id, as they realise they suffer a form of Mortality. Metal is weak as flesh I guess? He then thanks the Shaman for his blessing by punching him in the face to get a Fury back. It's even called Maltreatment, RSPCA friendly Skorne are not.

Huh. Can you tell I started writing this at 3am?

The Animantarax has his moment in the sun, charging the Nomad of Inept placement. Spends its Fury to eat the poor chump, then rolls max gun shots and has a go at the Commodore. The Bronze Barrel piloted by Shae's former el Capitan is saved by some atrocious damage rolls, living on two health.

The rest of the Skorne empire runs up, the Slingers now in a position to murder a Nomad and Commodore next turn. The Brute pops his Animus and walks to be within Shield Guard range of whippy man.

IPB Image
Merc 2: So the attrition play involves the the Commodore slamming the Bronzi away, the Galleon moves up and a little to the right, from where it decimates the Slingers and Harpoons in the Gladiator, which it should be able to do while being just out of Xekaar's feat range. The pair of Nomads then go in and finish off the Gladiator, Bart probably stays behind them to keep out of Xekaar's threat and feats. Wouldn't be a Batten turn, I'd feed the Nomad and Galleon a point each and camp two.
All that aside, Xekaar looked a bit greedy with that second Mortality. His feats up, he has one transfer and a Shield Guard.

The Nomads try to clear off the Animantarax and both fluff it, Xekaar's feat easily keeping it's one health box stomping on.

Galleon tires of his smaller brethren's failures, lines up on Xekaar out of his feat. Harpoon kills the Animantarax. I roll average shots, so we'll have three double boosted ab attacks and one with just damage boosted that'll be praying I roll the ten to hit.
The very first shot lands and does 10 points, taking away that transfer to the very much abuse victim of the Skorne empire, the Shaman.
The second shot misses and kills a Paingiver, not ideal.
The Third hits, the Brute shield Guards. The plan looks outright awful now.
The last shot goes, lands the naked 10 to hit and does about eight points.

Rockbottom Moneyshots both Pirate units.
Zira moves up, has to go into Xekaar's feat, misses the first shot, lands the second one for another bunch of damage.
Blocking Rhino Walker out of the way, the Commodore lines up a Slam Ball, hits Xekaar and explodes him.

That was a dicey assassination. I'd rather not calculate the odds, the attrition play was more in my favour than that hot mess. Bart could then feat to stave things off, but the Slingers would do early ping damage and I have to kill both Skorne heavies in my next turn, doable but Jezzeron would make it difficult.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 15 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #64

Decided to forgo sleep, I've been enthused to play a Squid head list for a while so crammed in some ad hoc painting to get some sweet kidnapping parties happening.

Got a couple Sunday casuals, one day a Slam. One day.

I can speed paint heavies adequately, but cannot the say the same for units. Also Drudges aren't inspiring me at the moment, and thus we get:

Exulon1 - 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, Subduer, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators
Objective: Stockpile

Warden loading is in the optimistic hope that free Slams will alleviate my focus load in early turns, plus Stockpile and Shield Guard was hopefully going to offer some amusing Hyper Aggressive interactions.

First match into the latest Cryxian academy graduate piloted by one of the meta's long absentees, using such a rubbish excuse as "overseas".

Aiakos2 - Kraken, Harrower, Reaper, Withershadow Combine, 2x Warwitch Siren, Pistol Wraith Blackbane's Incoporeal tea party
Objective: Fuel Cache

I now know how to spell Aiakos' name. Truly a worthwhile skill my workplace had better appreciate. Shame I misspell so many normal words.

Blackbane's are an issue, given I have to Hex Blast the damn things. The Agitators can Influence and the Dominators can Seduce, though that's hardly what I want those units to be doing. Otherwise I'll happily get hit first, I can lose a couple heavies if it gets me the Kraken.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: Thexus salivates at the trench in front of him. Otherwise it's just a line of mixed Monstrosities with an Eliminator either side.

IPB Image
Cryx Deploy: Stuff. Blackbanes go across from the side I've weighted more heavily, Kraken is in line with the forest (Tree's removed due to nearby powerlines). That Jack on the far right is the Harrower, the Reaper is amongst all the infantry models.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Everything runs/Slams forward if they are a giant hunk of not-so-human meat slab, the Eliminators are mostly further back due to doing some light pin pricks to motivate said slabs of People Matter. Big Squid Brain puts up Decel and does some Psycho Surgery.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 15 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #65

IPB Image
Cryx 1: The Undead come forward, Ghosts up front with Kraken and important stuff behind. The Harrower and it's Witchy friend stick out on the right flank. The Colossal gets Scything Touch.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I'm far enough up the board that I reason i can use the turn to load up the focus and just walk my stuff around.

On the left side a diamond of Monstrosites form up, Wrecks in the back read to kill the Black Banes if they make attacks and become Corporeal. The Subduer is the left most, hopefully positioned to drag in the Reaper. Last a Warden ran to at the tip and in range for Thexus to Spell Drive a Hex Blast to kill Black Bane.

On the right a pair of Wardens hang behind the cloud, out to the right the last Wrecker sits in threat range of the right flag while out of the Harrowers threat range.

Decel also goes up again.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Pistol Wraith wonders up to the left flag and makes the Subduer stationary. The Reaper moves up and tries to drag it in, the nearby Warden Shield Guards it and stops that nonsense as a wall was in the way.
Black Banes charge the Monstrosity diamond, most phase through to get to the Wreckers. They roll appallingly as defence 10 proves to be amazing. The Wrecker that took four charges did some dance of dragons junk to only be hit once.
The Kraken groans at this display, rolls up, blats the Warden and does a fair chunk of damage to the middle Wrecker.
Harrower moves up to the right flag, Aiakos stays hidden behind the Evil Empire's Objective.

Crys go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 3: It's murder all the Cryx Jacks time. Exulon throws out some focus.
Left Kayazy go in, kill a Black Bane and fuel the Subduer. An Agitator moves up both sides and Instigates, one hangs back as it wasn't needed.
The Diamond based Wreckers move around, they do Threshers ti kill most of the pirates, one survives.
The Subduer moves a bit to get a clear line over the wall, drags in the Reaper and buys a couple attacks, taking out the left arm and movement. I'm not going to be able to finish it off, but I can live with that if the rest of the turn goes well.
The two Warden charge through the cloud into the Kraken, burn all their focus to just kill it.
On the right the Harrower gets charged and destroyed by the Wrecker.
I straight up forget to activate the back unit of eliminators, but oh well.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: The Reaper stands up and kills the Subduer, the Pistol Wraith kills the nearest Eliminator. The most forward Warden gets Strangleheld by Aiakos. A Warwitch runs to contest the right flag.

The last Blackbane charges Thexus and misses.

IPB Image
Merc 4: I clean up, the Wreckers clear off either flag, Thexus holds back, the Wardens limp forward.

Mercs go to 3 CP's.

Cryx can't really contest, so I effectively win at the bottom of the next Cryx turn as Aiakos runs up on full camp to try to get to Thexus.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 15 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #66

Our second cas game into Paulerino with the local meta's more favoured flavours.

Still throwing down some averagely painted basement nerdsL

Exulon1 - 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, Subduer, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators

Now with a totally op MAT buff, it's the gastronomically well endowed one:

Rasheth1 - 2x Sentry, Gladiator, Agoniser, Paingivers, Void Spirit, 2x Efaarit Scouts, Farrow Brigands + Warlord, min Blood Runners
Objective: Bunker

Extraction again, this time trying the list out on clock. Probably overly ambitious.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: Agonizer is hidden amongst the Skorne beasts.

The Feralgeist is standing in for the Void Spirit, the Nomads are in place of the Efaarits, Tiberion is just a Sentry.

Beast brick on the left, Efaarit's central, Brigands on the right with central skirmish line of the Blood Runners.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: It's a line again! Thexus sits in line with the trench.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: Stuff runs up, the Brigands prey the most central Monstrosity, one of the Wreckers. The Bloodrunners stay shy of my max threat range, unless I opt to pop my feat. How about no.

The Efaarit's sit behind them on the middle, in line with them the Feralgeist transorms into an actual Void Spirit model. The Brigands clump up behind the forest, the beasts wander up behind somewhat slower.

IPB Image
Merc 1: I do some whipping, end up forgoing Decel to instead arc a Hex blast and kill the Void Spirit. Exulon also moves up far enough to just get the front Blood Runner in the tip of his Command Range for free runs and charges. The Preyed Wrecker runs to the back let of my Monstrosity line to get away from the Brigands.

A pair of Monstrosites run to hide Thexus from a Blood Runner charge, I keep another Warden nearby in the event I need to Shield Guard one of them alive.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 15 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #67

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Rasheth tots up to his Objective and feats, gets nearly all my Monstrosities bar the most far right Warden. He then dissolves a Blood Runner to get Blood Mark on the Subduer,being the most forward Monstrosity.
The Blood Runners do some stepping to the left and jumping to the right, essentially just making room for the effective models to do stuff (All Heavies lists are not the favourite target of light infantry).
The Nomaarits do some Armour Piercing shots for some good damage then reposition, one toward the left flag, the other in front of Rasheth next to the Objective.
The Brigands move up, the first five finish off the Subduer. They then shoot the Wrecker and Warden in front of Thexus, who do Hyper Aggresive moves, the Warden goes into Engage while the Wrecker stays in Sac Pawn range of Thexus.The remaining Brigands do some more winging, though it isn't the end of the world.
One of the Sentinels might have been in range of the Warden that Hyper Aggressived forward, fortunately for me the reposition Efaarit on the back line blocks the charge lane. The Sentinels settle for just moving up the board.
Agnosier goes up behind them and does his baby wail of strength sapping.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Definitely feat turn, I need to drag forward the Sentries, bunch up the Brigands and kill them all, the attrition advantage should be well and truly in my favour at that point.
Unlike my previous turn I remember to activate the Eliminators before Thexus for maximum Psycho Surgeryness.
Thexus moves up to get the Agnosier is control range, feat pushes the world. Agoniser goes backward, Sentinels come forward, Brigands get pushed into two mobs. Thexus then does two arced unboosted TK's to turn the Sentinels around and get them far enough away from the Agoniser, then Psycho Surgery everything and camp two just in case.
Two of the Agitators move up and Instigate on either side.
On the far right a Warden slams in, then buys attacks to clear out four Brigands, leaving one of it's targets still going.
The Warden that had Hyper Aggresived forward and done the Spell Driving charges a Sentry and puts a whack of damage on it.
The Wrecker that was shielding Thexis moves into the Brigands and in melee of the right Sentry, does a Thresher of amazingness, killing a couple Brigands, Bloodrunners, the Warlord and a good hit on the Sentry. He then buys three attacks to kill off the right Sentry.
The Wrecker that started off on the left then goes into the remaining Sentry, kills it with a bought attack.
I then run a Warden to engage the Efaarit on the left flag and the formerly prey Wrecker in front of Thexus for sweet Sac Pawnage.

Remaining pieces run up in the back.

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Attrition is miserable, so it's hail mary time for tubster.
The Efaarits gets killed by free strikes trying to get places to do shots.
Gladiator gets enraged, moves up and throws Rasheth toward the left flag targetting the Warden. He then moves up and tries to spell Thexus to death, chews through my focus but doesn't do much damage.
Rasheth is in range of five heavies with no camp, so that's that.

IPB Image
Me on the right.

I thought I'd be far more penalised on clock than I was, the focus generation takes time as expected but not running any units helps out quite a bit.

Thexus is amazing, I expect I'll be playing him a fair bit more. My now slight addiction to Psycho Surgery means Cyphon probably won't get a fair go for quite a while, nor my drudges a chance of being painted.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 12:35 AM
Post #68

Reg opening week days battles happened, first round some nonsense that didn't change enough piloted by the Crowe:

Deneghra1 - Nightmare, 2x Bitey Nodes, 2x Press Gangers, Sea Dogs + Mr Walls, Bosun Gorgspar, Killingsworth, Gorman, Ragman, Devil's Shadow Mutineers, Rockbottom, Warwitch, Saxon

That's more Merc infantry than I've had in any Merc list. The lols.

Had the pseudo pairing of Fiona and Thexus. I say Pseudo because I don't think Fiona is anything more than cute, but Gorten is on holiday and Thexus takes the Gunlines/Heavies/Armour while Fiona takes Infantry/Incoporeal junk.

The captain of the HMS Surprise elected to verse Squid heads, though at the time I was definitely of the view that Fiona would be the more imposing matchup in this case. Anywho:

Thexus1 - 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, Subduer, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators

Rolled up mighty Incursion. Most important terrain considerations probably being that one side has a hill off to the side, the other has a superior wall and trench combo going.

IPB Image
Deployments: I win the roll and go first, Crowster picks the side with the safety wall. Nothing revolutionary about the deployments, it's a line of Monstrosities with Wrecks/Wardens spaced out between each other, opposing a metal horde of Press Gangers with Sea Dogs in the centre.

Nightmare Preys the centre Wrecker to the right of Thexus.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Eliminators stab Wreckers, given they'll be key in the anti infantry matchup. Thexus then does some Surgery action and TK's the Wreckers forward, then everything runs or slams up.

The Preyed Wrecker (Purple Token) runs to the right and ends up on the hill. It's not super ideal as Nightmare is fairly central, but oh well.

IPB Image
Cryx 1: God damn, that is a huge mass of infantry.

Obviously the pirates all run up and spread out. Ragman, Grogspar and Killingsworth are near the back of the trench, Devil's Shadow are behind that forest on the back right.

Gorman, Nightmare and Denny are near or behind the wall. An Arc Node goes to either side and hangs back.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 12:41 AM
Post #69

IPB Image
Merc 2: It is most assuredly feat turn. Denny will be feating in the next Cryx turn, which stops the important Thresher's.

Eliminators move in first and generate some focus, though Thexus had to some out.

Agitators move up, the centre and left ones both Instigate.

Thexus then does the healing and feat pushes the world, forming all the infantry into clumps. He then is forced to TK the centre Agitator to get the Instigate bubble far enough up. I'd intended to camp two focus, but when pre-measuring out the most important Wrecker move he needed another couple mill to get past the flag, so that last focus got spent on a TK instead.

That most important Wrecker charges in, becomes a green proxy base poking the trench, taking a freestrike on the way for a few points. He then Threshers on Ragman, Killingsworth and Grogspar, as well as some Sea Dogs. The important models die thankfully, making life much simpler.

After that the other two Wreckers both go in and Thresher some Press Gangers down. The left most Warden slams a placed Press Ganger, I'd lined it up with feat to slam into Gorman. I hit the Press Ganger and roll minimum distance, which shouldn't have been an Issue except I again screwed up the model placement and Gorman was 3.1 inches away and thus lived when I really would prefer he hadn't. Foiled again.

One of the Wardens and the Subduer then run into the forest in front of Thexus.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: There was a theoretical assassination of an Arc Node running then Denny doing three Venom's on feat. It would've worked when it was diced out later, it's another reason Thexus doesn't like the matchup. That wasn't done at the time though, so on we go!

All the Wreckers transform into Green Proxy bases.

Denny goes into the trench, feats and stabs the wrecker. She then arcs Parasite on the left Wrecker and Crippling Grasp onto the left most Warden.

On the left, where we have the even more debuffed Wrecker/Warden couple, various Pirates charge and do some mauling, the Warden loses it's Brain. Sad. Gorman then Blinds the Warden and some Pirates.

In front of Thexus, where we have a Warden and Subduer, the Subby gets hit quite badly and is left with only its arms functional. The Agitator that is flapping out in the wind is also obliterated.

The Wrecker that cleared off the important Solo's gets a couple Pirates that do pretty well, then is finished off by Nightmare.

On the right, the Warden of the couple is untouched, the Wrecker (Nightmare's Prey) gets hit by a couple Gangers for a bit and hit up pretty bad by the Devil's Shadow, but limps on.

The Warwitch moves onto the right flag, though the Warden stops the scoring.

IPB Image
Merc 3: The lack of Threshering and the Monstrosities losing their brains is causing me grief, the brains more so. I could Psycho surgery and put Eliminators in, but a low Surgery roll imperils the brain again, particularly on Denny's feat turn.

The Eliminators were far enough back to avoid Denny's feat, I'll need to use them. The plan is to chew on what I can and kill any models that aren't just Pirate schlubs if there in range. The lack of Power attacks also caused me grief here.

Thexus hands out a couple focus, casts Surgery, arcs a Telekinesis through the Subduer to turn Nightmare around and get him away.

The left Eliminators go in, on goes up centre field to gut a pirate. The blonde goes in on the left, aiming to free the Wrecker to move up and engage the Arcnode, alas I miss both 6's to hit.

The left Wrecker/Warden make attacks but don't achieve much, the centre Warden has a bit more luck and pops a couple Pirates.

On the right something gets accomplished, it takes the Wrecker, a Warden emptying it's full focus load and a pair of Eliminators but the Wrecker is cleared and the Devil's Shadow are no more.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Spells of pain upkept.

The Pirates do swings again, the Subduer again loses its Brain.

On the left, the Sea Dogs finish off the Crippling Grasped Warden, the nearby Bitey Arc Node had a full focus load and manages to finish off the Wrecker.

Around the Centre flag the pirates try and fail to kill an Eliminator, Nightmare ends up walking over and getting it done.

On the right Saxon and the other Node come up for some more stabs, they don't do that well.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Four heavies still crawling along, essentially both Wardens are quite healthy, the Subduer and remaining (Still Prey!) Wrecker are quite damaged, really only having boxes in their arm systems.

More importantly though, I'm well ahead on clock and the Cryx list has had long turns with seventeen million attack/damage rolls, so clock is looking pretty good.

That being said, I still need to conjure up some other method of forcing a conclusion, so I'll start trying to nab some scenario points and kill more of these damn Pirates.

Thexus again arcs a TK and screams at Nightmare to please leave him alone, does Surgery, then backs the hell up the board.

Subduer swings and fails at life.

The centre Warden tramples over a few pirates, then buys an attack to kill Mr Walls while contesting the left flag. The Eliminators around stab a couple pirates.

On the right the Warden kills the Arc Node and knocks down Saxon with a tough roll, the right Eliminator then kills him and side steps to the right flag.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Cryx 4: It's go for assassination time, in moving Thexus back he went out of range of Sac Pawn targets. Derp.

An Arc Node runs up, fire three Venoms from Denny that leave Thexus on half a dozen health and Corroded. A pair of Sea Dogs then get Money Shot from Rockbottom, two move up and get into range, the first misses, the next puts Thexus on two health.

After this corrosion rolled out and Denny's throws her hands in the air in disgust.

Plan would be to heal a few on Thexus and run to the left, use the right Warden to slam Nightmare away, use the Dominatrs and Agitators to tie up the Pirates. Have the Wrecker shield Exulon.

IPB Image
Me on the right.

Deflection would have been nice, but the need to do other things just over rode that. Needed to be more careful on my measurements in the feat turn, but that'll happen when Pushing 30+ infantry into ideal murder locations.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #70

Journeymans once more after the long Squid versus evil Haley.

Still rocking Ossrum I added some sweet Solo-age.

Ossrum1 - Driller, Basher, 2x Gunners, Blaster, Sylys Wyshlanyrr, Orin Midwinter, Eiryss1

Orin is there to stop the handful of painful debuffs (Primarily Agathia's Parasite and Xekaar's Mortality) and use lightning pew pews to clear off infantry. I reasoned Eiryss would either take Snipe or Fire for Effect, and then either Disrupt for the attrition play or clear out caster stacks for assassinations, painful lessons from previous journeymans. Driller's just don't get it done against focus campers.

It's the return Ale-T, rocking some totally-not-the-protagists-of-the-setting.

Maddox - Ironclad, Firefly, Lancer, Jakes + Minuteman, min Stormlancers

Ah. Stormlancers. Joy.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I win the roll and go first. Pretty much the same table as last game, so I get teh side with a hill while the Talex takes the wall and Trench combo.

IPB Image
Cygnar Deploy: Grumble grumble evil ponies grumble.

IPB Image
Round 1: All the stuff runs forward!
I put Fire for Effect on Eiryss and run her way left, intent being for her to pop Jakes as soon as she can. I Snipe a Gun Bunny.
The Stormlancers get teh Cygnar armour buff thingy and run up the flank around the right lot of trees. Stay back devils!
The Jakes Minuteman and the Ironclad go into the trench, everything else hangs somewhat back.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I plan for Eiryss to strip Jakes Fury then for the Gun Bunnies to cycle Snipe to kill her. Heavies get max loaded, ready to kill the Ironclad.
Eiryss moves to max range, hits Jakes and straight up kills her. Glorious.
Ossrum then feats, Energises to get Jacks in threat range, walks way to teh elft to get away from Ponydeath.
Gun Bunnies move up and ping the Lancer for a bit.
The Driller charges the Ironclad and in a display of supreme ineptitude does sod all. I also charged him out of Ossrum's feat bubble. Heargh. I misread my feat, treating it as an aura akin to Unstoppable Force, rather than the Pulse it is. Oh well.
The Basher Slams in, knocks the Ironclad back for a mighty minimum of three inches.
The Spray Bunny and Orin hang near Ossrum.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #71

IPB Image
Cygnar 2: The Ponies come dashing around the hill, the Ironclad and Lancer go into the Driller and mess him up bad, just leaving his gimpy left arm still held on by a loose bolt.

The Firefly moves up and blats Eiryss. Oh well, she made her points back.

IPB Image
Merc 3: I plot out an assassination run, though wanting to both Energiser and Unstoppable Force cause me a lot of tank time trying to reconcile the order of activation issues.

The plan ends up being to slam the Ironclad with a Bunny, then use the Basher to slam Maddox. She doesn't need to die, if I get her far enough away then the Ironclad will have to give chase letting me use the intervening turns to get Ossrum to the flag, kill the Firefly and threaten a good scenario win.

The Bunny goes in, slam roll hits the Ironclad, sadly slams him the minimum half an inch, so the plan is off.

I then try to eke a delay turn, the Basher goes to the swan flag and tries to off the Firefly, does damage but fails to kill.

The other Gun Bunny tries a shot on the Lancer, misses, hits the other Gun Bunny and takes out its Cortex. The hell guys?

The Spray Bunny slams a Lancer into another one as Ossrum, Orin and Sylyss leg it around the forest.

IPB Image
Cygnar 3: Storm Lancer stand up and have a go at the Spray Bunny, they roll miserably to hit and it surprisingly lives.
Lancer finishes off the Driller.
The Ironclad noms up the friendly firing Gun Bunny. Maddox moves in and reactivates the Minuteman.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Maddox dead or bust!

Plan is to put her on her back then use Ossrum's gun, strangleholds and Orin's LIghtning to finish her off.
The Basher walks over, headbutts Maddox down. Buys a couple attacks, I roll outrageously well and punch through her transfers to kill her. Weird, how come Drillers can't do that?

Realistically, cool as Eiryss killing Jakes was, I should have used Snipe cycling Gun Bunnies and had Eiryss hang back and Disrupt jacks. Damn you rule of cool. Damn you.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #72

Crammed one last game in, some Journeyman at 25 points level, obviously still the same heavy solo lay out.

Ossrum1 - Driller, Basher, 2x Gunners, Blaster, Sylys Wyshlanyrr, Orin Midwinter, Eiryss1

Into He Bloke, the lesser known cousin of He Man, fielding the rather rotund fellow.

Malekus1 - Reckoner, Castigator, Revenger, Repenter, Choir, Sunburst Crew

Addition of a Reckoner since our last range of making zooming noises with little metal/plastic people.

IPB Image
Deployment: Stuff! Both sides have glorious trenches. I got second, nabbed the side with a hill rather than a sure to disappear cloud.

IPB Image
Round 1: Ossrum gets Bullet Dodger, Eiryss gets Snipe. Stuff runs forward.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I've gone first so plan is to get the Disruption train going and put the Basher to threaten the Menoth flag. So that happens, Eiryss enjoys camping out in the trench and Disrupt love taps the Reckoner.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #73

IPB Image
Menoth 2: Things advance, the Heavies go into the trench. Choir chants battle. Everything focus fire on the Basher, maul the hell out of it. It's all system go, but only because Rhulic jack grids are amazing, it only has columns 3 and 4 going, even those have lost some armour boxes.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Well, I obviously can't hang around being shot all day. Its feat and alpha time. Plan is to disrupt and slam the Castigator away, neutralizing it, while the Driller kills the Reckoner.
Gunners advance and knock off a pair of Choir, Ossrum feats and hangs around, not going to the flag in remembrance of the other times I got greedy and horribly died.
Eiryss aims and disrupts the Castigator.
Driller charges into the Reckoner, rolls not great but at least lands some damage.
Basher slams Castigator away, buys an attack on the Reckoner knocking off its arm.
Bunnies kill a pair of choir and hide Ossrum.
Orin wonders off to the left because he has sod all to do at the moment.

IPB Image
Menoth 3:Malekus ponderously advances, feats, spray attack blows up the Basher.
Driller gets pinged, loses about a third of its health but keeps on trucking.
Bunnies get set aflame by the Sunburst, one loses its movement.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Fire pings all the jacks, Driller loses its movement and left arm.
Malekus is out in the open, so I have two plans. Eiryss can move over into range and strips his focus, then I can use Unstoppable force, Energiser and Bunny shots/two Drill attacks to kill him.
Eiryss moves over, fails to land the seven, so back to attrition/scenario it is!
Ossrum gets Arcane Assist, moves to my flag to start the score train. I fire off a Strangehold at the Castigator, if this works out then I can happily keep the Driller alive another turn to wreck lights.

I miss.

Well, its not looking great now. Driller only has one focus, but manages to kill the Reckoner with a reversal in dice fortunes (Damnable d6 bell curve).
The Spray Bunny slams the Arc Node light into the Castigator, which the Gun Bunnies then shoot the Cortex off of. Orin moves up a little bit, lightnings the flamethrower guy to kill the last two Choir guys.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Menoth 4: Malekus, the Flame Thrower and Sunburster shoot up the Bunnies, one Gunner is short a Cortex, the other and Sprayer lose their movement.
The Castigator has no issue removing the Driller.

Mercs go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 5: Attrition is looking pretty pants, I contemplate the assassination again, if any of the Bunnies could Slam it would be on, but that isn't happening (Slam Castigator>Eiryss focus strip>Gun shots>Lightning>Handcannon>Strangleholds). Scenario it is!
Ossrum fully boosts the damn stranglehold to get it off on the Castigator, it works this time. He hangs on the flag and loves it.
Eiryss aims, Disrupts Malekus. Orin lightnings for a few damage points here and there. Bunnies get rid of the Arc Node jack.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

IPB Image
Menoth 5: No focus makes Malekus a sad boy, things advance up and the Sunburst removes a Gun Bunny, but its too late for the Menites to stop the scenario win.

I like to think the game finished and Ossrum immediately said "We're done!" and damn well legged it.

Happy how this one played out, its good for plans to fail at times. Finally got to use Stranglehold.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 19 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #74

We head once more to the wild forests of ye olde north side of town. I say forest, I mean "industrial district", I proclaim wild but really....I guess there's a Strip club down the road, does that count? Probably not.

Anywho, into Jeffeus, who was willing to put up with my nonsensical wall of meat:

Thexus1 - 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, Subduer, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators

It's our meta's signature faction with anyone-but-Xekaar.

Morghoul1 - Sentry, 2x Aradus Soldier, Krea, Zaadesh1 + Gladiator, Paingivers (Min), Karax, Blood Runners, Master Tormentor

The more I think about Zaadesh the more I like it. I was really bemused at first, not because its bad, rather its something I don't think I would have ever come up with independently which makes it much more interesting.

Scenario is Extraction/Baseball diamond. Most relevant terrain is one sides objective has a load of water impeding movement from the deployment zone, the other side has a nice wall/trench combo deal going on.

Going in I was expecting that I'd feat to scalpel out Zaadesh and otherwise initiate the piece trade on the Aradus. Bloodrunners likely don't achieve much, though usually a couple live on to get to one of my support models. I have to be very aware of Morghouls personal threat (14.5 with Sidesteps). Sod all guns, so Stockpile and Sac Pawn weren't going to be stellar, but that seems to be the case quite frequently.

IPB Image
Merc Deploy: I won the die roll and picked first, so Jefades corrently picked the good side and gave me the Swimming Pond presumably filled with algae.

There's a hill on the left there, though given that Morghoul dictates Thexus' location I expect it won't be assisting the Defence 10 army a great deal.

Out of this pics frame is an awkward forest around the right flag, particularly relevant in that I positioned a pair of the Slammers over there and that can muck up my opening advances.

Subduer far left, Mostly Wreckers central with the aforementioned Wardens out right.

IPB Image
Skorne Deploy: Blurry image to incite memories of Starship Troopers, the trilogy. Seriously, they made more. I just double checked, I didn't know they made a fourth one. What have we become?

That house basement thingy (technical term) to the left is the trench, that hill on the right is going to be forgotten about to I looked at the photo just then.

Very much beasts to the left, countering my own clearly weighted deployment, infantry schlobs to the right.

IPB Image
Merc 1: No guns, so Deflection isn't an issue. It's feed up and get moving. Just before, I had a quick convo with Robeidon on the excellence of POW 9 Eliminators for Monstrosity angering purposes.

Naturally, as a contrary moron, I used a Dominator to stab a Monstrosity for half a dozen points. Genius.

The Monstrosites all ran/Slammed.
Thexus TK'd the Wreckers and did his healing shtick.
Subduer stays far left, Wreckers are up front.

With that water I needed to TK to brute force my way through it, though now I ponder if I don't give enough credence to maxing out a Monstrosity with three focus early, maybe even one of the Slam bots. Do I get enough out of those two inch placements early on? To be considered further.

IPB Image
Skorne 1: The Skorne beasts move up cautiously, while the infantry curves forward toward the right flag. The Blood Runners stay out of the forest, ready to Apparition in for Line of Sight, which is both Clever and annoying. Clenoying if you will.

The centre Aradus gets Admonition, Zaadesh goes into the trench and promptly pays the asking price, determined to never leave (Reference: Mysterious wand poking out from the left Aradus).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 19 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #75

IPB Image
Merc 2: I am fortunate, both that we are not playing on clock and that Jeffemis deals with knee biters and thus has developed deific patience (Probably where the Greek thing keeps coming from), as I go deeeeep into the tank here.

It's top of two, I want to feat and get this piece trade rolling. Through some convoluted math, I fathom that I can kill both Aradus. If Thexus was Focus 11.

I could do one or the other, but then I'm using my feat to start a weak trade in my view.

Regretfully, I conclude the best play is the most boring one and do sod all. The Eliminators will be able to feed again, I can heal that earlier spike damage. It means I'll likely be feating around Morghouls own feat and have to deal with infantry jam, but the magic of Thresher makes the latter dealable and the former I try to handle by spreading the battlegroup out in a wide line, so I can redoploy toward the right with models as an option.

The Subduer goes far left, hoping to drag in Zaadesh or an Aradus next turn, everything else just walks around.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Sure enough, the Karax come a knocking. One charges the right most Warden, though rolls poorly on damage. The Bloodrunners do the Apparate trick, but find the slabs of man meat unpalatable and settle for spreading out in the forest.

The Master Tormentor sits behind the forest in contest range of the right flag.

Beast, Zaadesh and his bro hang back and give out some Rushes.

The Admonitioned Aradus goes behind the wall, his other fella hops to the left flag.

The Basilisk Krea, one of the Rush recipients, moves up and shoots a Wrecker with Paralysis that I Shield Guard to a Warden (third monstrosity from the left).

Skorne go to 1 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Once more I looked to pop both Aradii and am denied. Any other beast I could Rampager over the wall, but the beetle lacks the sodding movement to get his carapace endowed abdomen up and over the pebble frontier.

I've been forced into killing only what I was presented with. I haven't lost any Monstrosities, so my overall stance is good, but the initiative feels like it belongs to Skorne.

There's some light stabbing by Eliminators, Agitators advance and Instigate.

The Paralysed Monstrosity waddles forward into triggering Admonition range. It's not triggered, so I then arc through that Warden to Hex Blast it off and TK Morghoul away and turn him around (This seems to be my theme for running Thexus), then do another TK to move the scoring Aradus forward. I feat, hitting most of the Skorne bar Zaadesh (Dammit!), the Gladiatior and the outer rim of infantry.

On the left, the Subduer aims and drags in the Aradus, damaging it enough for the nearby Wrecker to charge and finish it off.

On the right, the Wrecker charges to a location just outside of Morghouls feat range to kill some Karax and the Krea. One of the Warden pairs sits near him and and kills some infantry, the other Slams way to the right, more out of hope that it'll distract the Blood Runners than anything else.

By my eyeball I've given up two Wardens and a Wrecker, that's painful but well within the list's means.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 19 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #76

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Guess this'll be a wordy one. Some games are just thinky you know?

The Blood Runners snort at my distraction attempt and move in, killing the right most Agitator and doing a little to the Warden.

The Karax spread out, essentially getting out of the way.

Team hand-out-Rush does their thing and hangs a portrait up in their trench home.

Morghoul chills out the back, Abuses his remaining battlegroup.

The Gladiator charges the Warden that a helpful Eliminator and the Blood Runners softened up, goes to three Fury to top it off. Dice + 4 or so on damage is pretty good. He then stabs the Warden he's next to and lops off an arm.

The Aradus charges through to the Wrecker next to the Objective, drags it in and munches it, then thoroughly mucks up the Arc Nodey Warden though doesn't kill him.

That went a lot better than expected, particularly once the damage dice math came tumbling out. There is a very real expectation on everyone I've played that the Monstrosities will fold like paper towels, but the hit box count does wonders.

Tormentor taps the right flag, Skorne go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Merc 4: My lines are a bit messy at this point. A particular issue is that the water makes getting the central, back up Agitator to the right, where he is needed, somewhat more annoying.. Other than that complication, its looking good, I'll eat the Aradus and Sentry and attrition looks good.

The Monstrosities are either heavily damaged or full up, which means the Eliminators become infantry clearance, which has been pretty standard at this stage of the game.

On the left they clear off the Karax around the flag then Sidestep up to the wall. I don't have enough attacks to get rid of the last Karax behind the wall, so no scoring for me alas.

On the right the Eliminators clear off some blocking Blood Runners and step toward the forest.

Thexus TK's the left most Wrecker and the right most Warden to fix up their facing, does the same to the central Agitator to get him up the board toward the Sentry, then heals the damage.

Around the Sentry, the Wrecker wails on him for a fair amount of damage but doesn't quite get the job done, leaving it to the right Warden to come in and get the job done.

The left Wrecker goes into the Aradus, some mad rolling kills it in short order. The Warden that the bug mauled the previous turn walks back to the Objective.

Subduer wonders back onto the hill.

In the midst of my turn I realised I'd done something very dumb. The left Eliminators sidestepped out of the Dominators command range. 10 inches is clearly not enough, need to be command 12.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: So there is an assassination run here. Gladiator slams the Wrecker into Thexus, then Morghoul moves up and Magic pews pews him down. Measuring it out, with Rush and Abuse he's half an inch shy. More on that later.

The Master Tormentor goes into the right Eliminators and whiffs.

Zaadesh moves up, hits the Subduer with Torment and moves the Gladiator up. Subduer Hyper Aggresives forward.

With the Torment move, and neither of us clicked this at the time, the Gladiator now had range to do the slam. It's be unboosted, but he only needs a four to land the slam and with the +2 distance bonus at most the slam roll would need to be a 2. I worked it out in my next turn, looking at it in the aftermath it doesn't quite work out because of the Eliminators. They don't free strike, but they are currently blocking the way, the only real means to kill them is Morghoul, which means he isn't zapping Thexus. the Slam damage roll can one shot Thexus, but the odds aren't high.

Anyway, that obviously didn't happen, instead the Gladiator got abused and enraged and wiped the floor with the bloody meat pie that was the Subduer when he was finished with it.

The few remaining Karax jam up the right Wrecker.

IPB Image
Merc 5: Press the advantage, keep Thexus alive time.

On the right the Eliminators paste the Master Tormentor but can't get to the flag to score.

Agitators advance and Instigate (They are the make-100-photocopies drones of the Cephalyx hives).

Wardens move up and kill Karax on the right Wrecker, forcing the last one to be promoted which stops him free striking the left Wrecker as it charges the Gladiator (Had I lacked free charges or been short a focus I wouldn't have done that, being very healthy the Wrecker is better off taking a free strike for some irrelevant damage and gaining a focus point) and comfortably wipes it away.

Thexus' giant brain mass (That 8th point of Focus takes a lot of effort to get without divine/timelord intervention) wobbles in fear as he floats to the right (Caphalyx float but don't have flight?! Better make a forum post on the main page about this injustice that PP must correct!).

Remaining Wrecker walks to be in front of Thexus just in case, I'd originally planned to send him into the opposing objective but without flag point scores there isn't much value in it.

Jefades starts his turn and concedes, which is fair. He can definitely kill one Monstrosity, longs odds at 2, then Morghoul gets TK'ed in, surrounded to stop the Dodge away moves and pounded by heavies.

A good game, I'm enjoying Cephalyx thoroughly. I can't picture changing the list, which fundamentally is very hard to do. The Warden ratio is enough to get the list going without focus struggles, a single Subduer works given his very specific niche abilities, Wreckers are expensive enough that a fourth would make the list drop below its trade threshold. Eliminators are gold.

Hyper Aggressive/Sac Pawn/Deflection have all been underutilized, by our local Cancon Tyrant wants to plonk down some swans so we'll see (ITS ON THE INTERNET NOW HADEO IT HAS TO HAPPEN NOW).
+Quote Post
AndrewH
post Aug 19 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 10,708

Sounds like a date wink.gif

--------------------
Pressganger, ACT Australia

I often post games and other ramblings on Twitter @Potaatosalad

"The fastest way to ruin a hobby is to make it your career."
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 19 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #78

QUOTE(AndrewH @ Aug 19 2016, 07:12 PM) *

Sounds like a date wink.gif

Your paying right? Going Dutch makes you look cheap!

That epic out of the way, fit in a nice, short, enjoyable Journeyman. Well, it was enjoyable anyway.

Glorious 25 points, with the list I strongly regret failing my will save against taking waaaaaaay to many support pieces.

Its worked thus far, but each game has been a very real struggle with some considerable luck on my part.

Into either the Greatest or the Great Spring, I know only the short iteration. Must mean Gre.

Kozlov1 (urk) - Demolisher, Juggernaught, Drakhun, Uhlans (Min), Mechaniks

This Journeyman sure loves Khador around here this time. Damnable snow blows.

Their was a pre-set up table, so we lazily swirled over to it and put down the dollies.

Take and Hold obviously, because that's how we roll (I think next week it becomes The Pit?).

Table is defined by some mean forests, one side gets a hut obstruction that's in the way, the other gets a nice wall that covers a safety corner of the killbox.

IPB Image
Deployments: I won the roll and got glorious first, thus leading to possessing the inglorious table side. The handy thing about a list of solos and jacks is that the awkward terrain is still navigable.

I still have a Juggernaught repping my Driller because I suck (it'll show up at the store one day!). Across the way the Mechaniks are mostly Rocketeer models, though at first I mistook a joke for a....questionable...rules ruling.

My stuff is just a block across from the one gap that'll let me get to the middle of the board.

Opposing us the Uhlans are on the left, everything else on the right.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Checking my mental notes, there was a giant hovering billboard things with an attached subwoofer playing dramatic themes. It read "OSSRUM DIES. BULLETDODGER HIM."

So I did that. I Snipe Eiryss, Energizer, everything moves up. Ossrum ends up slogging through the forest Eiryss hangs with the jack (Range 16, don't really need her to move up very far).

Orin runs way to the left, if Avalancher starts being relevant he can run back and we'll see if the Uhlans move to a bad spot to threaten him.

IPB Image
Khador 1: Zero bait is taken. Genuinely none of it.

The Uhlans move to be shy of Gun Bunny range, Drakhun goes out right in range to threaten Eiryss, jacks, Kozlov and mechaniks move up at maximum speed (So....slowly) to get between the wall and opposing hut. Kozlov throws out all the upkeeps.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Maintain hold pattern!

Eiryss shuffles across, disrupts the Demolisher. She then gets a wall of Jacks around her, placement intended to allow Energizer moves into the forest then charge through with Ossrum feat pathfinder (The Blood Runner Manoeuvre).

Ossrum hangs back, Orin moves up on the far left again and does stealth out of habit.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 19 2016, 09:03 PM
Post #79

IPB Image
Khador 2: Photographic evidence of a vile attempt to hide Kozlov. He's behind the wall behind the hand.

The Uhlans trot up to be near the khadoran flag, Drakhun runs to be next to the Merc hut. the Demolisher hangs with Koslov, mechaniks behind him. The Juggernaughts runs up and to the right, ending up exactly where the Drakhun was.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Plan is to control the Jugger with a Disrupt, deal with all the cavalry and throw the Basher away as a distraction effort as I score a point, opening moves with the intent to get a scenario win given how far Khador has held back.

I load up the Basher and keep the spells going.

Ossrum feats, Energizes. It takes all three handcannon or equivalent shots in the list to kill the centre Uhlan, the Spray Bunny then has a go without the Wall of Steel buff and does nothing, Orin lightning's him in the back in retribution. he manages to roll boxcars to do a point to the Bunny, then hurts but fails to kill either Uhlan. The scoring plan is off the table and Uhlans will be in my grill.

Eiryss gets things slightly back on the rails by hitting the mighty Defence 9 Jugger with a Disrupt bolt.

Driller walks over and dismounts the Drakhun.

Lastly, the Basher slams the Demolisher, killing a couple Mechanics. He then follows up, takes a glancing freestrike from Koslov. he buys and boosts attacks, knocks off the Cortex and Right arm. So that was nice.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Uhlans charge a Gunner, take away it's Head system, then reposition back.

The Disrupted Jugger walks into the open.

Koslov puts Fury on himself, turns around and stabs the Basher , stripping most of the boxes. Demolisher also has a go, stabbing with its Gimpy arm. basher lives with three boxes and just the Movement system going.

Drakhun charges the Driller and embarrasses himself.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Kozlov has no focus, Fury and is showing his back to me. Wing him and see what happens?

Eiryss aims, shoots. A high dice roll ameliorates my mid roll realisation that the Basher was alive and therefore giving Kozlov the combat defence bonus.

I only have a couple shoddy Handguns, that's not killing Kozlov even with no camp. The upkeeps and stuff will go away and the jacks won't be gaining focus, so should be fine?

Orin kills the Uhlans amazingly, then all three Bunnies fail to kill the remaining mechanic. Yay bellcurve.

Ossrum legs it to the Khadoran flag.

Driller pops the dismounted Drakhun in the face and mulches him.

Mercs go to 2 CP.

IPB Image
Khador 4: Mechanic repairs the Demolisher's arm and Cortex, between it and Koslov the Basher dies.

Juggernaught runs to contest the Khador flag and stop the auto loss. Foiled!

The Khador position looks a lot better when I stare at the photo and forget the Jugger on the Merc flag is my Driller.

IPB Image
Round 5: Missed the Merc turn photo. This game was loooooong.

In my turn Eiryss missed Koslov. Had my head been attached I would have done a combi slam/Unstoppable force with a Bunny to get the Demolisher away and go to 4 CP.

Instead, when Eiryss missed the Bunnies killed the remaining Mechanik and failed to hurt the Demolisher, so Ossrum ran back toward my table edge.

In reply, Koslov charged up, I think this is when he popped his feat? Might have been earlier. Nobody knows.

Regardless, he kills the Driller. The Demolisher crunches the Spray Bunny to dust.

The Jugger tries to engage Eiryss but falls short.

IPB Image
Round 6: Alright, time to kill Koslov! This is a round picture rather than a turn by turn, so you already know this failed!

Anyway, he's sitting there with no focus. Eiryss shoots him with a Disrupt bolt just to be sure. Gun Bunnies move up and do a tiny bit.

Ossrum gets Arcane Assisted, aims, shoots, does sod all. I then do a stranglehold, do six points.

Obviously he lives, Ossrum is next to a Juggernaught...

Kozlov doesn't gain focus, so I have a chance! He's confoudned by Stranglehold (That B-man had to remind us about. I completely forgot Stranglehold had text beyond "Not high enough POW to do what you want right now"), so moves up and engages Eiryss.

The Jugger moves up to Ossrum, misses, I dodge and live! Sweet sweet life! Demolisher is far enough away that it settles for shooting and killing the damaged Gun Bunny.

IPB Image
Merc 7: Third time's the charm!

Eiryss, for the sake of novelty and the 2 minutes 13 seconds we spent mocking her melee weapons, walks in and.....well, she hit.

Orin then walks around the Juggernaught, to my horror the first time in Mk3 when I spend his power tokens is boosting melee attacks on my last ditch assassination. Misses the first swing, second connects but is an amazing P+S of 9 so does nothing.

Tiring of this debacle, Ossrum charges Koslov. I boost the to hit, land the crit decap and removes the Khadorans head.

I regret many many many things.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 21 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #80

Nabbed a quick Frodo-ism, last day before we swap from 25pts to 50.

It remains:
Ossrum1 - Driller, Basher, 2x Gunners, Blaster, Orin, EIryss1, Sylyss Wyshnearnadfar

Its a rematch into Grand Ali with the most vile of the Warmachine factions:

Maddox1 - Ironclad, Firefly, Lancer, Jakes1 + Minuteman, Min Stormlancers

Take and Hold for the final time (I think we're swapping to The Pit for the next couple weeks). One flank of the table has a couple forests, then the middle of the table is dominated one side having a hill/trench combo versus Obstruction/Rough Terrain.

IPB Image
Deployment: I win the roll, select mighty first, get the side with a rock rather than a hill.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Energize, advance!

Bullet Dodger on Ossrum, Snipe on Eiryss, everything runs up. Basher end up the most forward next to the Rock.

Yeah yeah, Driller is still a Juggernaught model.

IPB Image
Cygnar 1: Maddox and Jake spend their mojo on buffs, Storm Lancers duck around the forest, the Jacks all start legging it toward the hill.

IPB Image
Merc 2: I have an assassination lined up and the last time we slogged it out my lower hitting power saw the odds plunge, so lets go with the slammy shooty murder time.

Ossrum feats, Energizer, falls back a bit in fear.

Basher then slams the Minuteman, lands the 10 to hit (Had Jakes' def buff), knocks him over Jakes and Maddox. Follows up, Flak Field kills Jackes. I didn't really go all in on the assassination, as I loaded up the Driller to kill the Stormlancers as my back up plan. Oh well.

Eiryss shoots Maddox, then the Gunners advance, hot dice leave Maddox in the ground.

Well, that happened. Doubt that'll ever work again.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 05:37 AM