Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened?
Dono1979
post Oct 10 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Resin Whisperer

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,612

Sorry to be prying but heard back from some people who went to MOAB and they were a little surprised that there was a huge amount of space available, empty tables and what not.

This was pretty disappointing to me because I had applied to run an 40K Apocalypse event at this years MOAB and had 12 confirmed players form the Canberra area ready to sign up but we were told we couldnt run the event due to lack of space......

Can someone let me know if there was a reason for so many empty tables or if the amount of space available was over exaggeration?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chromedog
post Oct 10 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

There was also NO WHFB this year at MOAB - which would account for some of the empty space, but not all. Fewer dealers (It's the first that I've visited that Eureka wasn't at.).

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

+Quote Post
fruitbat
post Oct 24 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 95

Player numbers were actually up substantially on last year.

WFB didn't get up, but that will be fixed for next year. Happily, two one-day WFB comps filled the gap when this was known, and CA just smashed it in Newie, so I'm sure all will be ok on that front next year.

Fewer familiar traders I'd say Will, actually were more on the floor, just missing some of the old regulars. Nic did say last year that it was his last one, so not suprised... it's a big trip for him to do only Sat and Sun.

Biggest space thing was the empty tables in front of the canteen, which would be for the MtG players. Not sure what happened there??
+Quote Post
ColonelKoIron
post Mar 22 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 952

Hi Guys

Sorry I didn't notice this when it actually came up.

@Dono1979:
There was a number of spots with empty space.
In the main hall this was because Milsims was forced to cancel at the last minute with us. We redistributed a number of tables to use the gap, but there was a certain amount of area free.
In the Gym area not all of the tables were used because Warhammer Fantasy did not run. Honestly, we were quite shocked by this and simply didn't expect it. We kept expecting the numbers to come up.

Since this was all very last minute, we had no time to add things like 40K Apocalypse.

The area in front of the Canteen were allocated to MTG, X-Wing and warhammer Invasion run by Good Games. Unfortunately none of these really took off either.

Though several of the tables are dedicated for people sitting down and eating, so we don't use those for gaming anyway.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles to frown...but only 4 to slap the person that annoyed you.

Aren't you worried you're evolving a race of sociopaths who care more about rapid transportation than human lives?
We prefer the term "Engineers"
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:50 AM