Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Conan Kickstarter!!!
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 23 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,988

I love the Conan setting and the fantastic stories by R.E. Howard, as well as the many comic series and other associated materials. I have the Conan game by Monolith, which was a Kickstarter, and it is hands down my favourite Sword and Sorcery boardgame, and is equally tied with a very few other boardgames as #1 on my favourite boardgame list...I doubt this Conan boardgame will be as good as the Monolith one, that game would be super hard to better, it's fantastic, however, it still looks cool and is worth investigating. I have hit the "Remind Me" button so that I get an email reminder 48 hours out from the end of the Kickstarter, and at that time I will thoroughly investigate and decide whether to pledge or not.

The renders of the miniatures and the card art (and art in general) looks fantastic (I like less fanciful, but well designed cards).

Akivasha the Stygian Vampire is smoking hot, and looks like a great breeder, I can only imagine how fantastic those milk jugs would look if they were heavily laden with milk...unfortunately though, I don't think vampires can breed, so if she tried to entrance me with her vampire magic so that I would breed with her, I'd have to slay her with my sword...no, not that one, the steel one wink.gif Those child bearing hips though...

"Crush your friends, see their models driven before you and hear the lamentations of their dice."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/s7game...-savage-legends

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maxo_Q
post Jul 23 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #2

Social Vampire
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 4,233

I don't think this one is gonna fund because of a combination of factors. Initial goal is very high, there is not very good value for money by normal game standards let alone kickstarters and it appears that its a long way away from fully developed.
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 23 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Maxo_Q @ Jul 23 2019, 10:21 PM) *

I don't think this one is gonna fund because of a combination of factors. Initial goal is very high, there is not very good value for money by normal game standards let alone kickstarters and it appears that its a long way away from fully developed.

Yes, they are all good points...also it is the first Kickstarter for this company...so, there's that too...and yeah, it is struggling not even being half funded half way through the campaign...unfortunate, I'd like to see another Conan game out in the wilds...
+Quote Post
Borzag
post Jul 24 2019, 11:35 AM
Post #4

BORZAG 2.0
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 177

Cancelled as of this morning.

A shame as I was looking forward to this.

Well.

To the Schwarzenegger sculpts. Also the game looked interesting smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Bajau @ Nov 14 2007, 06:56 PM) *
Mate I'll pay MONEY to sit there and watch Jose get Whupped..Never seen someone lose which such style!
QUOTE(Big_al @ Nov 3 2008, 08:46 PM) *
The first rule about fight club is that you have to fight borzag
QUOTE(Wombats @ Aug 8 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Excuse me, I need to go change into tighter pants, there are some people in a ten mile radious who do not have intimate knowledge of my junk.
QUOTE(Borzag @ May 3 2013, 09:21 PM) *
it's now gotten to the point where I have a Pavlovian montage response: if montage music plays, I lift and/or burpees
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Jul 24 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Borzag @ Jul 24 2019, 11:35 AM) *

Cancelled as of this morning.

A shame as I was looking forward to this.

Well.

To the Schwarzenegger sculpts. Also the game looked interesting smile.gif

HMmmm, bummer...I'll be keeping my eye out for their re-launch, hopefully their next attempt will see the project successfully funded!!!
+Quote Post
Caliginous
post Aug 4 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Blistering Barnacle
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 5,646

Those Arnie sculpts...CROM!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Aug 5 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Caliginous @ Aug 4 2019, 09:42 PM) *

Those Arnie sculpts...CROM!

Very nice sculpts indeed, I'd fork out for a couple of sets of those if the Kickstarter went ahead...I hope it still does...although I did hear some stirrings on a Facebook group that Monolith are looking at doing a 2nd edition of theirs with some upgrades/updates/changes etc, so I will be keeping an eye out for that as well!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2020 - 09:21 PM