Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New edition of 40k
BearPowers
post Jul 7 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #161

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 13,540

Guard army with assassins a vendetta and an inquisitor will require at least three books once the codex is out for guard & if they continue with 'youll need some stuff from the index'

I thought the issue was more that said codices were prohibitively expensive.

Wasn't there the rumour too that certain models would come with their rules? So you could buy an Assassin and get a little square with the rules on them. Or am I talking out of my arse?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Demon
post Jul 7 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #162

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

Less ass talking more confused - people were suggesting it when GW first announced rules would be free

--------------------
MAY YOUR FOREHEAD GROW LIKE THE MIGHTY OAK

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. - T Pratchett

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Being a little bitch is in my genes apparently.
+Quote Post
marius
post Jul 7 2017, 12:03 PM
Post #163

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 169

Pretty sure I read that the new marines have their rules in their box
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Jul 7 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #164

Authority Bared

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,901

It's more just the hypocrisy of the alternate positions. They dropped a new edition, possibly the best edition they've done with all the faction and model rules available on day 1. There's battlescribe that allows you to print a full army list with stats and rules or make a pdf to scroll through on your tablet. They said there'd be codexes so if you didn't want to buy the rulebooks then that would be fine. They're releasing the codexes on a fast timeline so that people can buy them early in the edition to minimise wasted purchases. If any of these things didn't happen there'd be rage. It just seems like a strange position to take that you're pissy that they're printing too many rules and that what used to be 10 books is not condensed into one index which you can then upgrade if you choose with a codex book or two. Seems pretty minimised to me. The free model rules aren't out yet but it's a really big job to dump all the pdfs onto the website and stick cards in every product but I imagine that will come soon. I just don't see what the "correct" move would have been. One giant expensive book with all the stuff in it? They came pretty close to that with 5 volume indexes.

I suppose I'm just shocked that GW made it cheap and easy to get the rules and to carry them around relative to every other edition and people are still bitching.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
Stumphy
post Jul 7 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #165

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 5,835

I dont think people are bitching because GW made it cheap and easy to carry the rules around

I think people may be bitching to find those rules they purchased could be redundant in less than a month.

I love the index because I only need one book for a ton of imperial stuff, maybe a second book at most

as has been mentioned, 10 new codexes could mean having to carry 3 or 4 books, which is why 7th sucked and also force you to buy 3 or 4 more books very shortly after the new edition launched.

if you don't think there is any issue with that, then good luck and enjoy the game, but it is hardly unreasonable for someone to think their purchase might remain valid and useful for more than a handful of weeks.

--------------------
Armies
WM/H Circle Orboros
WM/H Skorne
40K IG Multinational Infantry army
40K Mono Nurgle Chaos Daemons
WFB Skaven
BFG Imperial
Necromunda Escher

My Painting Gallery
+Quote Post
Demon
post Jul 7 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #166

Lord of The Crossroads
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

It seems strange to assume that someone is pissy for pointing out that youll still need multiple books to run armies.

Theyre not minimising wasted purchases at all. All faction rules were available day one, which they charged for.

As for hypocrisy of alternate positions thats only a thing if you insist on viewing things as black or white.

--------------------
MAY YOUR FOREHEAD GROW LIKE THE MIGHTY OAK

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. - T Pratchett

QUOTE(WitchFinderGeneral @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Being a little bitch is in my genes apparently.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 01:19 PM