Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where to get FOW in Brissie
Emma_Sterling
post Feb 4 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 228

Well FOW looks nice, but I can't find it anywhere!
Where around Brisbane can this game be purchased?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Hunter
post Feb 4 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 196

Here you go, sorry that its all the Australian stockist but hey you might find what you need http://www.battlefront.co.nz/Stockists.asp

--------------------
Do you know that every time someone uses the word 'fluff' instead of 'background', a kitten dies?
+Quote Post
paintmiester
post Feb 4 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 368

Emma,

there are at least two that I know of. One is at Wargames Wharehouse in Stafford. Not a 100% certain of the address but you should be able to track it down via White Pages etc. Stuart has a good range there and there is plenty of scope to play also.

The other spot, which I highly recommend, is Press Start at Browns Plains. It is a small shop, well actually bigger than the previous place, but cramped full of gear. The manager, Craig, is a good friend and a great guy, very friendly and helpful, plus extremely knowledgeable on the game.

There may well be others, so you could try the BattleFront website and ask Wayne or Evan
+Quote Post
Emma_Sterling
post Feb 5 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 228

Well I can probly get to both of those stores via train so I will start saving up $. How much would a small starter force of Soviets cost in $? Not all infantry but with a fair bit of them.
+Quote Post
The Hunter
post Feb 5 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 196

First off i would recommend that you buy the main rule book and the book Stalingrad so that you can learn all the rules and have the up to date soviet rules.... if not have a browse on the http://www.battlefront.co.nz/NCatalogue.as...ch=&Search=True
link I have posted, its all the soviet models in Aus dollars smile.gif

--------------------
Do you know that every time someone uses the word 'fluff' instead of 'background', a kitten dies?
+Quote Post
gronk
post Feb 5 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Group: Bad Trader
Member No.: 83

There is also a new stockist in Beenleigh, Mad Models and Daft Crafts. Not been there much, there is a good range and there are plans for them to put in tables etc down the track

--------------------
"I mean what is she pro cannibalism but anti Masturbation, Lock her away I say. I'm Anti cannibalism but pro Masturbation." - EmpireGuard on naked Jellybabies with addiditives
+Quote Post
DeCharney
post Feb 7 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 261

Also, any store that deals with Walrus & Carpenter can order FOW stock in. Fast Break at Nundah, Brisbane Online at Ashgrove and Wicked Games at Aspley should all be able to order stock in if you can't get to Wargames Warehouse or Press Start.

A Strelkovy Company is $65 as a box set of 2 platoons, which is only about 200 points. You'd need 2 of them, plus a battalion HQ to field a legal army, but for a 500 point game, 1 and the BHQ should be ok to learn how to play.

Just be aware that the Soviet Infantry is an expensive army, due to needing so many platoons.

--------------------
Cheers
Damian
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 09:23 PM