> CNSG, Canberra Northern Suburbs Gaming
spaceninjajetpilot
post Jan 22 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,550

QUOTE(emplion @ Jan 22 2013, 10:28 AM) *

Did you get it finished? Pics?

The table just needs a paint job, and I planned on picking up a battle mat at the con this weekend. No one in town has one, but technically, its ready.

--------------------
If you're keeping your cool, while everyone around you is losing theirs, you might not fully grasp the situation.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
spaceninjajetpilot
post Jan 22 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #62

The ANU club sounds great, but there's no way I'm driving all the way down there on a Tuesday or Sunday. I have to be at work at 6:30 AM the next morning.

That's why I needed to build a table. Now that its done, I can host a game EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
Weeknights, weekends, and its full size, so I can fit doubles games as well! Already have an opponent lined up and just need a table? Come use mine.

CNSG is just an option for people in Northern Canberra. (Or further away if they feel like driving.) And unlike ANU, CNSG is now open for business 7 days a week.

As for Sunday, I know Nerm, and Eddie's Death Korps should be easy to find. I'll make myself easy to spot. I'll wear this:

IPB Image

See you guys on Sunday!

--------------------
If you're keeping your cool, while everyone around you is losing theirs, you might not fully grasp the situation.
+Quote Post
Wilock
post Jan 23 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 11,891

The idea behind CNSG is not to compete against the other clubs(yet) but to provide that extra option for gamers in the north, and maybe even show the stores there is interest out this way(shame about the high rent out here though).

A venue is the long term goal, for now we are just looking to be the centralized hub for introducing people to each other and providing more options for games.

I'll be floating around Cancon over the weekend(not competing) and will aim to be there a bit on Sunday, I'll be nice and bright in my yellow Arsenal top and probably be either towing a large trailer of toys or be watching games intently(especially any DE games).

Also, for those who haven't seen it yet. Remember we have the FB page up now as well. Jump in and keep up to date with projects and game organizing.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/434452503276650/

Also, I've got a 1750pt DE list I want to test the ###### out of before Terracon this year, looking for volunteers willing to tear it limb from limb.

--------------------
Something Wicked this way comes.
Evil is everywhere, so why fight it :-D

+Quote Post
ThatWallyGuy
post Jan 23 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #64

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,305

I was going to post on the FB site.. but its being strange atm...

If someone in the group is associated with Scouts.. you may be able to get free/cheap use of one of their scout halls

--------------------
Only The Insane Can Truly Prosper
Only Those Who Can Prosper Can Truly Judge What Is Sane
+Quote Post
Darth Eddie
post Jan 23 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 8,840

QUOTE(Wilock @ Jan 23 2013, 12:38 PM) *

The idea behind CNSG is not to compete against the other clubs(yet) but to provide that extra option for gamers in the north, and maybe even show the stores there is interest out this way(shame about the high rent out here though).

A venue is the long term goal, for now we are just looking to be the centralized hub for introducing people to each other and providing more options for games.

I'll be floating around Cancon over the weekend(not competing) and will aim to be there a bit on Sunday, I'll be nice and bright in my yellow Arsenal top and probably be either towing a large trailer of toys or be watching games intently(especially any DE games).

Also, for those who haven't seen it yet. Remember we have the FB page up now as well. Jump in and keep up to date with projects and game organizing.

Also, I've got a 1750pt DE list I want to test the ###### out of before Terracon this year, looking for volunteers willing to tear it limb from limb.

armata_PDT_07.gif Arsenal top? Oh you have to be joking Arsenal ohmy.gif

--------------------
IF ONE OF MY POSTS UPSETS YOU, GET A TISSUE AND DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS.

ITS NOT POLITICS, ITS PAINTING.
+Quote Post
spaceninjajetpilot
post Feb 25 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #66

Hey Gamers!

We're having an impromptu 40K 1000 Point Round Robin at my place in Bonner this Sunday! We'll have 2 tables going, so if you're interested in getting in a couple quick games, want to try out a new list, unit or model, or just want to come hang out, chime in here or on the CNSG Facebook page!

Canberra Northern Suburb Gaming

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hypnotoad1
post Feb 25 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 11,915

Sweet! So this means more than one game. What time are we kicking off?
+Quote Post
spaceninjajetpilot
post Feb 25 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #68

I live here, so as early as you guys want to get up and come over!

Rob and I usually kick off at 9 or 10, and if people want to trickle in throughout the day, we could get in a lot of gaming with a lot of different armies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wilock
post Feb 26 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #69

My revenge is nigh Pat. All those beltings you gave me @ 500pts shall be avenged at 1k pts :-P

--------------------

+Quote Post
BJJDude
post Mar 3 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 13,915

Two cracker games at SNJP's place today!

My Ravenwing pummeled Wilock's Dark Eldar (tabled in turn 6), before being pummeled by SNJP's Red Templars (tabled).

+Quote Post
Zoe Brain
post Apr 11 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 14,074

Anyone interested in Wings of Glory (First or Second World War)?

I'm in Downer.

+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Apr 26 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #72

Resin Whisperer

Member No.: 5,612

Did anything ever eventuate with a club room or anything like that? I notice that there was an event at the Gungahlin library? How does that go for space and tables ect? They dont mind the noise?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wilock
post Apr 26 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(Dono1979 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:17 AM) *

Did anything ever eventuate with a club room or anything like that? I notice that there was an event at the Gungahlin library? How does that go for space and tables ect? They dont mind the noise?

First Club weekend this Sunday at the Gungahlin Library(Thanks to Chris for organising it). This ones got 2 purposes. The First is to introduce people to each other and put faces to names and the like.

The 2nd is a demo day for the different systems within the group. Chris is running Flames of War, Im bringing along some 40k gear and anyone else who has a diff system and enough models/time to run a test game or 3 please let us know.

As to the rest of the questions. As long as we aren't over the top noisy then its fine. The library has several rooms available to book that we can use for free at this stage. At a rough guess, we can setup about 6-9 40k sized tables and are allowed to bring our own in to put over the top of the ones already there.

There is a café located in the complex itself, and the main street is just across the road, however each room also has its own kitchenette for us to bring our tea/coffee making stuff in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dono1979
post Apr 26 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #74

Resin Whisperer

Member No.: 5,612

Wow, thats an awesome setup! That would make it exceptioanlly viable to run low-medium sized club event from!!

I will be keen to try and pop along and say g'day to everyone this weekend and can bring along some 40k stuff next weekend, I have a few Templar and my IG air force is now complete along with my Titan and Super Heavies. I can also bring all of my Imperial Armour books for people to have a look at if they were interested.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wilock
post Apr 26 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #75

QUOTE(Dono1979 @ Apr 26 2013, 03:37 PM) *

Wow, thats an awesome setup! That would make it exceptioanlly viable to run low-medium sized club event from!!

I will be keen to try and pop along and say g'day to everyone this weekend and can bring along some 40k stuff next weekend, I have a few Templar and my IG air force is now complete along with my Titan and Super Heavies. I can also bring all of my Imperial Armour books for people to have a look at if they were interested.

There is also scope/potential, for us to use the large rooms down stairs that are designed to fit 100ppl, id put it at room for at least 15-20 tables. As long as we don't charge for things, they wont charge us.

Would love to see the IA gear mate and it would be right up the direction of the day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wilock
post Sep 6 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #76

Quick bump to get this one back up top and easy to find.

Group is going good, with games being run Wednesday nights(4-10pm) at the Gungahlin Library and the occasional Sunday session(12-4pm). 40K is the primary player base at the moment, however we have some dedicated FoW, Wings of War/Glory and Infinity players floating around who are always keen for a game.

So if you're looking for a game, jump onto the Facebook page or just come along on any of our gaming days and we'll get you going.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 10:26 AM